Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question on Denon 1909 HT & TV setup

Options
  • 29-01-2020 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a question regarding a new TV I got the other day and connection to the Denon 1909 AV amp I have.
    Been a while since I looked at the manual for the Denon and it seems every time I go to it ( with dred ! ) I spnd a good hour trying to fathom what the F is going on ...I've always been sorry i bought this bloody thing but its still going so I have to keep it....
    Anyway, I have a smart tv and trying to connect the sab tv box to to a hdmi i/p on the denon and from there out to the tv.
    So eventually I got sound and picture but the sound was only through the optical out of the sab box to the denon.

I still cant figure why the sab hdmi out does not deliver both.

My intention was to try to capture any dolby 5.1 being transmitted but not sure if that even happens these days, bit out of touch here...

I did get the tv smart remote through some s/w on the tv called HDMI ARC, to control the volume on the DEnon which was great but left it there as when going to 'Netflix' I ended up with no sound, I know the reason there.
    Anyway, if anyone knows this horrible AMp then can you please share,

many thanks

Rich
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liamda

Netflix ; Tv settings, sound, digital audio out, PCM.
    SAB ; Check your HDMI cable specification some older cables may not deliver sound. You can get Premium High Speed HDMI Cable at a reasonable cost from Monoprice.
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement