Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Cracking my knuckles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Listening to Scottish pipe and drum music.

Something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,691 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Weekends not being hungover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Lying back on the car bonnet and looking at the stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Your first sleep back in your own bed after a spell away.

Especially after being at a festival for a few days and just out of a warm shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Youre welcome Guy and your three are all brand new to me so I'm to google :)

BuileBeag I love the Perseid and Geminid annual meteor showers for this reason. And I've had wishes fulfilled from falling stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Transferring your full body weight through an ash plant into a minuscule sweet spot on a sliotar and watching it sail up and split the posts from the 65 meter line. Pure zen flow.
    It only happens me when nobody is watching sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Computer games, the perfect way to switch off from the world. You can get immersed in a great story, challenge your brainpower in a fun way or just have constantly rewarding fun. Also having drinks with friends while playing Mario Karts is hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Watching golf on TV on Sunday evening/night when rattling with a hangover. Very relaxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

The feeling of going for a wee after being bursting to go for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭gifted

Picking up the bloody dogs ****e in the back garden, herself and the 3 chicks must think the dog flushs it herself....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Going for a walk on a crisp, cold night and the smell of chimney smoke everywhere you go. Earphones in, music on, walk and get lost in your own world with no one apart from the odd passerby greeting you to remove you from that world.

Golf on a cold but sunny morning. The lovely fresh smell of the wet grass and trees fills your senses and wakens you up.

Spending the morning cleaning the car then when you're finished, just admiring your work.

Guy Person wrote: »
    The feeling of going for a wee after being bursting to go for ages.

Yes! Anyone else experience a little "shiver" of sorts when this happens?

TH I've only ever seen black & white photos of my grandfather... I knew his eye colour because old friends of his used to always say I have his eyes. Recently I found out that he had sandy gold-red hair. He died before I was born so this little detail made him seem more real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

The high you get after a ten mile run is unbelievable. Much better than drugs or music or pretending to rescue princesses from castles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yes! Anyone else experience a little "shiver" of sorts when this happens?

That’s a piss shiver. Think everyone gets them. Meant to be 1/8th of an orgasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

A swim in the sea in Ireland, especially somewhere nice on the west coast. Just lying back and looking at the sky meeting mountains that plunge down to the sea. Particularly nice the day after a long run when your legs appreciate it.

LOL :D

From what I read it's to do with signal confusion in your nervous system.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I never got one.

I feel left out now:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I’ve dropped another dress size through simple lifestyle changes and planning out meals each day. For the first time in years I feel my body and mind are properly healthy. Clothes hang so much better too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Being at a 60th birthday party for my aunt earlier on today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I gave a neighbour a few crates of apples a couple of weeks ago. He arrived today with a dozen bottles of apple juice he made from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was given a fluffy throw for a present. I put on my favourite armchair, it's so soft and snuggly.

A spooky October nightwalk for us tonight.

Also I think I'm off cigarettes for good after lots of temporary stops. They smell unpleasant to me now..in fact I feel nauseated by them.

I can smell all the lovely candles and oils I use around the house and always thought were really weak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

The last few weeks have been rough. However, today I had was listening to The Lumineers “Hey Ho” on the radio and thought things are not going so badly and I feel ok. Good enough for me and I will run with that...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Eleysian wrote: »
    The last few weeks have been rough. However, today I had was listening to The Lumineers “Hey Ho” on the radio and thought things are not going so badly and I feel ok. Good enough for me and I will run with that...

Run with and enjoy , and hopefully things will continue to get better and brighter for you Eleysian :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Just found out the minimum wage is going up. Yay! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I stayed in a place so remote over the weekend, that the lock for the door was a rock. You could only lock the door with the rock from the inside.

We got home before the hailstones.

Yes...hailstones!

Auto correct wanted that to say "gallstones ". I think we're some way away from having to worry about things like that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

We got home before the hailstones.

Yes...hailstones!

Auto correct wanted that to say "gallstones ". I think we're some way away from having to worry about things like that!

Just popped in to say my TH was getting home less than five minutes before a real squall of a shower hit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement