Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Use the stock market as an indicator of how the economy is doing.
    It is booming.

Why should someone on minimum wage be able to afford everything anyway? It's no different here.
    It's the very bottom. It should just be enough to keep someone out of homelessness. If you want better then you must work for it. Extra qualifications etc.
    The us do not have a ridiculous welfare policy like we have in Europe where people are rewarded for lack of ambition.
    It's the home of capitalism.

Warren etc are full of it. The billionaires will pay through taxation. Don't make me laugh. That's pie in the sky populism

Who the hell uses the Dow Jones to measure how they are doing?

Nurses earn minimum wage, their work is not good enough according to you?

And, sorry for laughing, billionaires paying their fair share is "populism"?

****ing hell. You need to go back to school. My god, that is an embarrassing post. Dear oh dear!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA

Holy jaysus, I've seem some excrement in my time, but your "thoughts and ideas" take the biscuit. What a stream of unintelligent ****e on a stick. A human being wasting space who should have a plastic bag wrapped around their head until they take their last breath.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Who the hell uses the Dow Jones to measure how they are doing?

Nurses earn minimum wage, their work is not good enough according to you?

And, sorry for laughing, billionaires paying their fair share is "populism"?

****ing hell. You need to go back to school.

The average Us nurse salary is 67k. That's easily checked and definitely not minimum wage!

Saying billionaires will pay more tax is populism. We all know Warren is full of it.

Who uses the stock market as an indicator of the general performance of the economy?
    Economists and think tanks.

School was too much for you. Even baby infants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

There is definitely a ramping up of propaganda.

BBC are leading with a British Citizen on Hunger Strike. She is in prison in Tehran for Espionage.

Both Britain and the US are categorically stating that Iran are behind the oil tanker bombings.

Why would the Iranian government bomb oil takers in the Gulf of Persia?
    Why the phuck would they bother?

Nasty stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The president of the oil tanker company said it wasn't a mine but a missile. Why would Iran attack a Japanese oil tanker while the Japanese Prime Minster is visiting the Ayatollah?

So who hates Iran in the region?

Isreal, Saudi Arabia, UAE? An independent group trying to start a war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Trump has not a chance of winning the 2020 election, not a chance in hell.
    Boris Johnson will take the the leadership of the Tories, until the next election when Labour will win by a landslide.
    People are not stupid all the time.

Can and will, up against creepy Joe anyway. There's only one contender than can beat him, and he's a wilcard/outsider who may not even get nomination.

But if you really think he 'can't' sure lay the market for it: place 200(x) on him not to, if he should loose collect yourself a free 100(x).

Yes, Boris is the equal to Trump and he will become the next PM, and if Farage's TBP should (likely will now) join the Tories, they've won already, thanks to dilution of Labour towards LidDems and Greens etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

IAMAMORON wrote: »

BBC are leading with a British Citizen on Hunger Strike. She is in prison in Tehran for Espionage.

Both Britain and the US are categorically stating that Iran are behind the oil tanker bombings.

Why would the Iranian government bomb oil takers in the Gulf of Persia?
    Why the phuck would they bother?

Nasty stuff.

The BBC towing the US line despite the obvious flaws in the story is rather unsettling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

IAMAMORON wrote: »

This is true. Worrying times ahead.

To play Devils advocate, for all his smack talk Trump hasn't directly involved the US in any conflicts since taking office. He has even reduced troop numbers in several areas.

If they attempt any kind of action in Iran oil prices will go crazy, and likely trigger a global recession. Iran is a regional powerhouse with a significant defence force.

Sad to see the UK towing the US line again, you'd think they have bigger problems to fucus on.

On the plus side, if you've got a aul shed load of gold, expect it to rise in value $1,350^c today.
    Still a bit to go before see 2012's (when planet nibiru or something was due to land): $1,800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

John (someone pissed in my cornflakes) Bolton is the man in Trump's ear

I am quite worried what the reaction will be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

kneemos wrote: »
    The BBC towing the US line despite the obvious flaws in the story is rather unsettling.

The BBC have become an absolute farce of a news broadcaster. Getting as bad as Fox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

kneemos wrote: »

The BBC is a shell of its former self.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭dasdog

#6 get it

A glass bowl please

An attack on Iran by the U.S will result in a lot of dead civilians on mainland America. How much more blood do the yanks have to spill for Israel?

I'd pay some poor pensioners (newly) applied 2020 fee - If they offer to take that wan - laura kuenssberg off it, imagine she lives there under a desk, or in the roofspace, as is never off their news based programes for errr 'unbaised' commentry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

riemann wrote: »
    This is true. Worrying times ahead.

To play Devils advocate, for all his smack talk Trump hasn't directly involved the US in any conflicts since taking office. He has even reduced troop numbers in several areas.

If they attempt any kind of action in Iran oil prices will go crazy, and likely trigger a global recession. Iran is a regional powerhouse with a significant defence force.

Sad to see the UK towing the US line again, you'd think they have bigger problems to fucus on.

It depends who is pushing his buttons.

The escalation of a crisis will develop support for him with the elections on the way. It also distracts the Mexican Border issue and allows him to blame something else for not prioritising his delivery there. The fact remains that with no majority in the house of reps he can't build a wall anyway, or even pretend to.

To be frank I think he dreads foreign relations and all that it entails. Deep down whilst being extremely clever he is also an amateur at international affairs. He only became president on domestic issues, I doubt he even knows the name of the Iranian foreign minister.

Eitherways I suspect there are even bigger players at play here, particularly with the crude oil price increases.

After all that waffle there is no way Russia, China or Turkey would endorse US military action in the gulf. If they start it could get out of hand very quickly.
    Given that reality I suspect the whole episode is being engineered, but a really really dangerous game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Not a chance in hell Trump will be re-elected, not a chance.

The US want to invade Iran. My only caveat is I am not sure whether Trump needs congressional approval. I am also not sure whether they need the approval of an Ally. But I will research both and let you know.

Jesus, you spend enough time in the Americanised fever swamp that is the politics forum you’d think you’d know.

In theory congress should authorise wars, in practise, particularly since 9/11, the presidents just go to war, or authorise missile and drone strikes.

And no need for an ally. In theory, again, they should get UN approval but never do. Don’t even try these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I see no difference in their repporting now than i did in the lead up to the Iraq War. They will always parrot the sitting government line - which is to please their American ally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Rory Stewart says it is most likely IRGC Quds. He knows his stuff.

https://twitter.com/RoryStewartUK/status/1139847661907873793?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Dante7 wrote: »

Most likely? Based on what?

Why on earth would Iran shoot itself in the foot like that? Zero chance there behind this, "if it doesnt make sense, its usually not true".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,250 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Why start a war with Iran. They don't have any resources...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Stalin didn't want a war in the East too.

Three months after the defeat of Germany the Russians blitzkrieged Japanese Manchuria and the north of Korea.

Stalin agreed to join the war against Japan once Germany was out of the picture at a conference held in Tehran. All the pieces are falling together. It was the lizard people all along!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

riemann wrote: »
    Most likely? Based on what?

Based in his knowledge of the area. He was a deputy governor of a state in Iraq and was likely high ranking in MI6. He has access to the confidential intel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭jackboy

Gringo180 wrote: »
    An attack on Iran by the U.S will result in a lot of dead civilians on mainland America. How much more blood do the yanks have to spill for Israel?

How could Iran successfully attack mainland US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

jackboy wrote: »

It is in Iran's interest to lessen oil supplies / raise the price of oil.

jackboy wrote: »

Theres about a million of them living in the states. The former head of the CIA said if theres attacks on Iran from the U.S the Iranians will retaliate and hit them from within on home soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Odhinn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Why start a war with Iran. They don't have any resources...

pistachio nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Based in his knowledge of the area. He was a deputy governor of a state in Iraq and was likely high ranking in MI6. He has access to the confidential intel.

Yes. That was all such a success we can have no serious questions as to his judgement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

An Iranian and 2 Oil tankers are have been identified in the video taken by US military.

An Iranian vessel that has been identified from parade videos has been identified. Its an Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps Gashti class patrol boat.

Its removing something in the video from the Kokuka Courageous . It's a Japanese owned Oil Tanker.

What we don't know for sure is what its removing and what the Iranian vessel did before that.

The Americans say its a limpet mine. That's unclear though.

The US say the Iranians placed it there and that the footage of the Iranians removing an object from the damaged vessel proves they put that object there and it was a mine.

Nothing shows the Iranians putting anything there.

However you have to ask yourself WHY would Iran remove anything from a damaged Oil Tanker?

Its important to note though.
    The crew of one of the Kokuka Courageous, say it was a flying object that attacked them.

The Japanese ship owner has said the US is wrong.
    Yukata Katada,the president of the company that RUNS the Kokuka Courageous says he didn't think there was a bomb or anything attached to the side of the Tanker.

It's all very strange.

What WAS the Iranian vessel removing and why?

I mean if it's not a mine why don't they just say what it was?

Advertisement