Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stretchmark Cream

• 02-12-2020 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a stretch mark cream to use during pregnancy? I'm 16 weeks and using a Palmers one at the moment, I love the consistency but I've no idea if it's any good at reducing the appearance stretch mark.

It's my first pregnancy so all a little new to me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maisie_moo

I'm just coming up to week 40. First pregnancy. I have gone through two tubs of mama mio tummy butter and now currently using my expert midwife skin elastic.
    Iv no stretch marks but I think I could just be lucky/hereditary (my mother never got any either)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Won't make any difference I'm afraid! Luck of the draw. I didn't get any on my first two pregnancies but on my third it was a different story. I used BioOil on all of them as I've dry skin and I was advised to use this after I had small surgery on my skin so used it for pregnancy too.
    Good news is mine have faded and I barely see them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Complete genetic lottery, I'm afraid! A good moisturiser will reduce the itching and might stop you scratching which can make stretchmarks worse, but there is no magic bottled potion, unfortunately :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

agreed... I'm afraid you'll either get them or you won't. Genetics is main factor. Ask your mum if she got them, it's supposedly a good indicator.

As other poster suggested though, a lot find Bio oil a good bump moisturiser, and people with operation scars do tend to use them, but I'd say, even if it minimises scarring, it won't prevent it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Was just going to say the same, I think you will get them or you wont. I never got any, just like my sis and my mum.. I saw a poor girl in the hospital very young well in early 20's and she was like a zebra with marks..Only thing you can do is apply a cream after I would think if you do get them, maybe a vitamin E cream

• Advertisement
Advertisement