Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AncestryDNA kits not available?

• 30-11-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Are Ancestry DNA kits not available in Ireland? I'm trying to order them online (from US) and have them shipped to my parents in Ireland but it doesn't seem to be available.. Have tried from Ancestry.com and Ancestry.co.uk.. and I get this popup....

Need to ship to another country ?
    To continue select a country or region below.
    (You may have to re-sign in.)

• Australia(and New Zealand)
    • Canada
    • Europe CE
    • Includes Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Sweden
    • Europe SE
    • Includes Albania, Armenia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Georgia, Liechtenstein, San Marino,Turkey, and Vatican City State (Holy See)
    • South Korea
    • United Kingdom
    • United States of America

Not seeing your country? Check back in the future as we are working to make our DNA kit available in more countries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ursa actos

Well nevermind, seeing on another thread folks ordering them from Ancestry.co.uk. I didn't realize that for Ireland I had to select the United Kingdom option... Mods - fee free to delete this thread as I've go my answer... unpatriotic as it may be.. :-)

Update: Gah!! Have to change region to UK for the shipping address, but can't have a different region for the billing address (US)? Anyone know a solution?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'd phone them.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cat_r

ursa actos wrote: »
    Well nevermind, seeing on another thread folks ordering them from Ancestry.co.uk. I didn't realize that for Ireland I had to select the United Kingdom option... Mods - fee free to delete this thread as I've go my answer... unpatriotic as it may be.. :-)

Update: Gah!! Have to change region to UK for the shipping address, but can't have a different region for the billing address (US)? Anyone know a solution?

You could try buying from Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AncestryDNA-Genetic-Testing-Ethnicity/dp/B00TRLVKW0

Advertisement