Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due February 2021

Options
  • 08-06-2020 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Got my first pregnancy test positive over the weekend! Still very early - EDD Feb 20th. So so excited/nervous/anxious! First time parents xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    Got my first pregnancy test positive over the weekend! Still very early - EDD Feb 20th. So so excited/nervous/anxious! First time parents xx

I'm going to join you! Got BFP last Wednesday will be due 14th Feb all going well! 4w 2d and soo nauseous.

How are you feeling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

youandme13 wrote: »
    I'm going to join you! Got BFP last Wednesday will be due 14th Feb all going well! 4w 2d and soo nauseous.

How are you feeling :)

Congrats!! Is this your first time? I'm pretty tired and a bit crampy. Nausea definitely creeps in throughout the day. Pretty thankful to be working from home at this point in time :)

Congrats!! Is this your first time? I'm pretty tired and a bit crampy. Nausea definitely creeps in throughout the day. Pretty thankful to be working from home at this point in time :)

My second, but my son will be 9 so it's like it all over again! I'm the same exhausted, got bad back pain yesterday and needing to constantly use the bathroom! Nausea is getting worse, cant remember having any of these on my son though :(

Is this your first baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi ladies, i might jump on this thread if that's ok.

I got a bfp over the weekend. But it's a pregnancy after a miscarriage in March, so obviously quite anxious as it's early days. But fingers crossed!!

Congrats to you all. Going by my dates im due Feb 15th :-)

andreac wrote: »

I got a bfp over the weekend. But it's a pregnancy after a miscarriage in March, so obviously quite anxious as it's early days. But fingers crossed!!

Hi andreac congratulations too!

I had a chemical start of April so I've so so nervous aswell! Just taking one day at a time and have an appointment with my GP tomorrow!

How are you feeling? I'm due the 14th Feb!

• Advertisement

Hi andreac congratulations too!

I had a chemical start of April so I've so so nervous aswell! Just taking one day at a time and have an appointment with my GP tomorrow!

How are you feeling? I'm due the 14th Feb!
    Feeling fine actually. It's my 2nd (with the previous pregnancy being a miscarriage).
    I was actually fairly ok with my first pregnancy.Only felt a bit nauseous here and there so was lucky enough. Hopefully this one will be the same :)

Ill have an early scan with my consultant around 8 weeks or so. Must book in my GP soon too.

My second, but my son will be 9 so it's like it all over again! I'm the same exhausted, got bad back pain yesterday and needing to constantly use the bathroom! Nausea is getting worse, cant remember having any of these on my son though :(

Is this your first baby :)

Aw god your son will be so excited to have a little baby brother or sister!

I'm surprised at how many symptoms I've had with it still being so early. Also need to stop googling symptoms cause I'll end up imagining half of them lol.

Yes first baby so it's all very exciting. Told my parents yesterday cause I just couldn't keep it to myself but will wait until the 12 weeks scan to let other family and friends know.

That's good you're seeing your doctor tomorrow. Do let us know how it goes. I called mine and was told to call back when I'm 6 weeks x

andreac wrote: »

Congrats Andrea!! I'm so sorry to hear about your March miscarriage but as you say, fingers crossed everything goes perfectly for you. It's so hard not to feel anxious these first few months but even having this thread is a real help to calming the nerves x

Congrats Andrea!! I'm so sorry to hear about your March miscarriage but as you say, fingers crossed everything goes perfectly for you. It's so hard not to feel anxious these first few months but even having this thread is a real help to calming the nerves x

Thank you and congrats on your first pregnancy too, so exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewahstank

Hi guys ... Hoping I can join you in the wait ... Got my BFP last weekend after TTC for 2 years so over the moon! Due on Feb 11th ...

• Advertisement

Ewahstank wrote: »
    Hi guys ... Hoping I can join you in the wait ... Got my BFP last weekend after TTC for 2 years so over the moon! Due on Feb 11th ...

Huge congrats!!! So exciting :)

Have you experienced many symptoms yet?

Huge congrats!!! So exciting :)

Have you experienced many symptoms yet?

Thank you!! We are so happy and excited but obviously I'm nervous about making it to 12 weeks but trying to stay relaxed and positive!

My partner tells me he knew the week before I tested that I was pregnant because I was complaining of a weird feeling in my pelvis which I had thought was PMS but he didn't say anything in case I wasn't and would get upset! But that was the only one that stood out apart from sore boobs which I get before nearly every period. Since testing last week I've been exhausted and still have the weird feeling in my lower tummy/pelvis it's more so uncomfortable than pain ... Also bloating really bad the last few weeks!

We have booked in with my GP for an early scan on the 11th of July so hoping that will put my mind at ease and then have the first hospital scan at 12 weeks on the 29th of July!

Have any of you told many people yet? I'm dying to tell my best friend as she's one of the only people who knew the struggles we were going through the last few years.

Thank you!! We are so happy and excited but obviously I'm nervous about making it to 12 weeks but trying to stay relaxed and positive!

My partner tells me he knew the week before I tested that I was pregnant because I was complaining of a weird feeling in my pelvis which I had thought was PMS but he didn't say anything in case I wasn't and would get upset! But that was the only one that stood out apart from sore boobs which I get before nearly every period. Since testing last week I've been exhausted and still have the weird feeling in my lower tummy/pelvis it's more so uncomfortable than pain ... Also bloating really bad the last few weeks!

We have booked in with my GP for an early scan on the 11th of July so hoping that will put my mind at ease and then have the first hospital scan at 12 weeks on the 29th of July!

Have any of you told many people yet? I'm dying to tell my best friend as she's one of the only people who knew the struggles we were going through the last few years.

Omg gas that your partner knew before you lol!! Totally get ya re feeling nervous - I have constant butterflies.

I've had a few symptoms alright - the first being implantation bleeding. I freaked out but then found out it's actually not as uncommon as I thought. Have had a weird metallic taste in my mouth for the past 2 weeks and definitely feeling the bloat and sore boobs! I'll prob regret saying this but I'm happy for the symptoms to continue as I guess it means the pregnancy is progressing well?!

You're so on top of things with your appointments booked. I called my doctor but was told to call back when I'm 6 weeks to make an appointment. I did send off an application to the hospital we want to go to but have yet to hear back from them re dates etc.

We have told both our immediate families. We figured they'd be the people we would turn to if anything bad happens and I have to say I am so relieved to be able to speak to my Mam about it. I have not told any friends at all yet - probably wait until the 12 weeks or at least until we have an early scan done.

It's great having this forum to check in with each other :)

Omg gas that your partner knew before you lol!! Totally get ya re feeling nervous - I have constant butterflies.

I've had a few symptoms alright - the first being implantation bleeding. I freaked out but then found out it's actually not as uncommon as I thought. Have had a weird metallic taste in my mouth for the past 2 weeks and definitely feeling the bloat and sore boobs! I'll prob regret saying this but I'm happy for the symptoms to continue as I guess it means the pregnancy is progressing well?!

You're so on top of things with your appointments booked. I called my doctor but was told to call back when I'm 6 weeks to make an appointment. I did send off an application to the hospital we want to go to but have yet to hear back from them re dates etc.

We have told both our immediate families. We figured they'd be the people we would turn to if anything bad happens and I have to say I am so relieved to be able to speak to my Mam about it. I have not told any friends at all yet - probably wait until the 12 weeks or at least until we have an early scan done.

It's great having this forum to check in with each other :)

I'm exactly the same with the symptoms ..just glad to have them so I know there is some progression happening ... I had booked in to change to a new gp the same day I got my positive test so it was just great timing and tbh I wanted it confirmed by someone that wasn't me asap ... Lol ... I just can't wait to tell everyone! I got news today that a relative is pregnant and due at Christmas and it was so nice to be excited for them and not really upset and jealous and that I'll have someone close pregnant at the same time as me too!!! Today I've felt relatively normal bar the swollen boobs and super tired!!

Can't wait for the next few weeks to pass quickly so i Can hopefully hear a strong heart beat and see a lil bean in the scan ❤️

I'm exactly the same with the symptoms ..just glad to have them so I know there is some progression happening ... I had booked in to change to a new gp the same day I got my positive test so it was just great timing and tbh I wanted it confirmed by someone that wasn't me asap ... Lol ... I just can't wait to tell everyone! I got news today that a relative is pregnant and due at Christmas and it was so nice to be excited for them and not really upset and jealous and that I'll have someone close pregnant at the same time as me too!!! Today I've felt relatively normal bar the swollen boobs and super tired!!

Can't wait for the next few weeks to pass quickly so i Can hopefully hear a strong heart beat and see a lil bean in the scan ❤️

That's so lovely you'll have someone close to you pregnant too! I can imagine how gut wrenching it must be to hear of pregnancies when you've been TTC for so long but now your time is here :)

Aw stop, we just cannot wait for the 12 week mark. We have booked in for an early scan on July 11th (I think I'll be 8 weeks exactly on that day) - just realised your early scan is that day too! I actually got my hospital appointments in the post yesterday too. 12 week scan is 7th August!

I've found my sleep hasn't been great the past while - definitely to do with nerves I think.

That's so lovely you'll have someone close to you pregnant too! I can imagine how gut wrenching it must be to hear of pregnancies when you've been TTC for so long but now your time is here :)

Aw stop, we just cannot wait for the 12 week mark. We have booked in for an early scan on July 11th (I think I'll be 8 weeks exactly on that day) - just realised your early scan is that day too! I actually got my hospital appointments in the post yesterday too. 12 week scan is 7th August!

I've found my sleep hasn't been great the past while - definitely to do with nerves I think.

Oh brilliant we can have a chat on the 11th so all about how our scans went ... So excited for it even though I know we won't see much! My sleep is all over the place ... Not great last week ... Good this week! But it could have something to do with working rotating shifts on work so mornings one week and evenings the next ...

Random question but if I've chosen to go public, combined care, will my first GP appointment be free or will they charge? I have it booked for this Friday. It's my very first appointment so assume she will do a pregnancy test to make sure I am pregnant, take BP reading etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maisie_moo

I was bang on 7weeks when I went to my GP.
    She took BP/weight/blood. She never actually took pregnancy test.
    The consultation was free but I had to pay €30 for the bloods. (Not sure if this is the case in all GPs)
    However when I was at my 12week appointment in the hospital they didnt get have my blood results on my form/midwife had to go and find them up on system. They then didnt have my blood type noted (and obviously couldnt take my word for it what it was) so had to get more bloods done.

Random question but if I've chosen to go public, combined care, will my first GP appointment be free or will they charge? I have it booked for this Friday. It's my very first appointment so assume she will do a pregnancy test to make sure I am pregnant, take BP reading etc.

No, you shouldn't be charged as they will be registering you for the maternity & infant scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Randomly came across this, still signed up to the pregnancy forum! I’m not sure on technicalities but I’ve had 3 babies on the combined care and each time I was charged for the first appointment, it’s a grey area. Check with your GP beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Digs wrote: »
    Randomly came across this, still signed up to the pregnancy forum! I’m not sure on technicalities but I’ve had 3 babies on the combined care and each time I was charged for the first appointment, it’s a grey area. Check with your GP beforehand.

I was charged too! Got sense with baby 2 and 3 and referred myself to the hospital!!
    Due in August this year!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I didn't get charged by my GP on any of the first appointments....it's a very grey area!!I did self-refer to the hospital after each though, didn't wait for her to send in the letter.But she registered me for the combined care scheme each time.

Millem wrote: »
    I was charged too! Got sense with baby 2 and 3 and referred myself to the hospital!!
    Due in August this year!

Aww not too long to go for you! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well :)

shesty wrote: »
    I didn't get charged by my GP on any of the first appointments....it's a very grey area!!I did self-refer to the hospital after each though, didn't wait for her to send in the letter.But she registered me for the combined care scheme each time.

Thanks. I think I'll be in the same position. I have already registered with the hospital so the GP appointment will just be to register for combined care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭blueshark2

Congrats to the new mums-to-be! I had my first in Feb last year. It's a lovely time of year as you're coming in to spring and summer once you're starting to get out more after the first few weeks/months.

blueshark2 wrote: »
    Congrats to the new mums-to-be! I had my first in Feb last year. It's a lovely time of year as you're coming in to spring and summer once you're starting to get out more after the first few weeks/months.

Aw thank you, that's really good to hear!

How has your first 1.5 years been? I'm only 6 weeks so it's hard to think too far ahead at this stage xx

How are all you ladies feeling? The exhaustion has me fecked these days!! And the constant dull ache in my lower stomach/pelvis ... Like having period pains every day! Oh and the constant hunger ... I didn't think 7 weeks would be this tough.... But still feeling positive that they're all good signs.

How are all you ladies feeling? The exhaustion has me fecked these days!! And the constant dull ache in my lower stomach/pelvis ... Like having period pains every day! Oh and the constant hunger ... I didn't think 7 weeks would be this tough.... But still feeling positive that they're all good signs.

Yes the exhaustion zzzzzz. Napping every single day. Thank god for WFH at the moment. I get period type cramps on my left side. Feeling very bloated too and craving all the unhealthy stuff.

I've enquired about doing the Harmony Screening. Is anyone else thinking of getting it done? My doctor said it would be common for older Mams to get it (I'm 34).

Just an FYI for anyone else, I was not charged as it was classed as my first combined care appointment. My next appointment with the doctor will be at 14 weeks.

The appointment involved me giving a urine sample which the doctor used to confirm the pregnancy and also to confirm there's no UTIs or anything (I'm quite prone to these). BP was taken and also height and weight.

She recommended I get the whooping cough vaccine at 16 weeks (which will be free) and the flu vaccine as soon as it comes out this year (around Sept and that will be at a cost).

She gave me a prescription for folic acid to take on top of the pregnancy supplement I'm already taking as my BMI is close to 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Hi all

Not sure whether to post here or not yet. I *think* I'm about 5 weeks pregnant. My periods are very irregular so I'm never fully sure. This pregnancy came as a bit of a shock, we have 2 kids, were talking about him getting the snip & had sold or given away all the baby stuff! After the initial shock we're both very happy.

I've had 2 miscarriages before so I'm still waiting I suppose to be sure that this will work out before I get too excited. It feels different this time around as with my other babies I had severe morning sickness from very early on. This time I've had none & I suppose that is making me think it might not work out. Otherwise I'm a bit bloated, a bit tired, my sense of smell is super high but really not a lot of symptoms at all. Clearblue test went from 1-2 weeks on monday to 2-3 weeks on saturday so that's something I suppose. I'll just have to wait and see but it's a torture! Planning for Panorama test in a few weeks & an early scan with that, it'll be a long month!

Advertisement