15-12-2020, 13:50   #376
Shelli2

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer View Post
My little boy arrived today by section, he’s a fine baby as one of the nurses said and I adore him, you never get bored of seeing the face of your little baby.
I’m in bits after the section, nurses are brilliant but it’s very painful and I’m such an independent person, I feel useless. Anyways ladies, hope all the new babies and mammies are doing well, and best of luck to those still waiting to see the little faces of their babies. It’s worth every pain and discomfort, they’re amazing.
Welcome baby screamer! X
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-12-2020, 00:01   #377
screamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli2 View Post
Welcome baby screamer! X
And he’s the quietest little man, only cries for food, changing and cuddles. I’m blessed with him
Thanks from:
16-12-2020, 07:14   #378
Becks0603

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer View Post
My little boy arrived today by section, he’s a fine baby as one of the nurses said and I adore him, you never get bored of seeing the face of your little baby.
I’m in bits after the section, nurses are brilliant but it’s very painful and I’m such an independent person, I feel useless. Anyways ladies, hope all the new babies and mammies are doing well, and best of luck to those still waiting to see the little faces of their babies. It’s worth every pain and discomfort, they’re amazing.
Congratulations screamer! I totally agree with you about the section I feel useless not being able to just bend down and pick stuff up off the floor nevermind the lifting but you're right, they are totally worth it
18-12-2020, 12:46   #379
maisie_moo

Hello ladies!!
What a crazy few days! Motherhood is a rollercoaster.

Was induced at 4pm on Sunday, and my baby girl was born via vaginal delivery on Monday night. All went well/straight forward. Just long, which inductions tend to be.
Still all surreal. Couldnt speak highly enough of all the staff in CUMH though. We were well looked after! We got home yesterday. Was nice having my own bed last night. I'm breastfeeding...finding it tough going..my breasts and nipples are sore!

Hope yer all well xxx
(2) thanks from:
19-12-2020, 08:55   #380
Shelli2

Congratulations Masie!!!
Advertisement
19-12-2020, 21:52   #381
screamer

Congrats Maisie, welcome to your baby girl.
Tough going here too baby sleeps all day awake all night..... I’m wrecked
20-12-2020, 11:11   #382
maisie_moo

Thanks screamer. I forgot to congratulate you on your son!

Yeah my little one also is more alert at night then during the day. Need to rectify that asap hahah!! Lucky babies are born so damn cute so we dont give up on them

My nipple pain and boob engorgement has settled thankfully.
Thanks from:
11-01-2021, 00:26   #383
Shelli2

How is everyone doing?

I'm finding it hard to believe my baby turned 5wks old yesterday, seems like only a Couple of days ago I was waddling into Holles St with me bag. It's been an absolute rollercoaster.
Thanks from:
11-01-2021, 00:37   #384
thefasteriwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli2 View Post
How is everyone doing?

I'm finding it hard to believe my baby turned 5wks old yesterday, seems like only a Couple of days ago I was waddling into Holles St with me bag. It's been an absolute rollercoaster.
Hope you're well Shelli. I'm OK but never expected to be as tired as I am. She's brilliant but I'm slightly clinging on for her to turn 6 weeks when I hope things will settle a bit. Currently working on trying to get rid of the nipple shields - trying to get her to latch herself has proved unbelievably frustrating. How are you?
Advertisement
12-01-2021, 18:01   #385
Shelli2

Oh I hear you! I'm exhausted, the last couple of days of cluster feeding really took it out of me.

I had another couple of setbacks since I last posted. 10 days after the ambulance episode, I had a post partum hemmorage and spent the week before Christmas in hospital, was discharged on Christmas Day just in time for dinner. Turn out there was retained products, most like a piece of placenta that was missed. Thankfully Holles St picked it up almost immediately. I had surgery just last Friday and hopefully that's the end of it now.
I really can't believe how crazy the last 5 weeks have been, after such an unbelievably crazy year last year.
I'm looking forward to a 2021 that's quiet and uneventful
Yesterday, 22:49   #386
maisie_moo

Hey mums!!

Oh Shelli, you are not serious!! You poor thing!! Must have been really hard when youre breast feeding/just in general being away from your baba!! Glad you got out on Christmas day and were able to have your dinner. Hope you're recovering well and resting up!! Baba doing well?

Thefasteriwalk. Oh I hear you on the tiredness. Lucky babies are cute and you keep going Hows the latching going??

All going fine with me. My baby girl is very good. I find the days like groundhog day though. Lockdown has been great in one way as we don't have to be rushing anywhere etc so the day is our own and we can feed away (I'm breastfeeding) and cuddle as much as we want on couch which I love but 5 weeks in I'm ready to show her off to friends and extended family. Id love to have visitors over and have a chat over tea and cake. My partner doesn't WFH so I'm home alone. But anyway, it is what it is and we're all healthy so I shouldn't complain.
I should look up some baby online classes since we can't do them face to face.

Also, anyone else just emotional about them growing up and its only a few weeks. I'm fierce bad. Was putting away some newborn babygrows and was sad. I just want time to stand still. But I know there's lots of lovely milestones to come.

How ye all during lockdown?? Xx
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 23:57   #387
Shelli2

Lockdown is tough alright. I find not seeing family, and my Mam in particular, very hard.
My in-laws are in a different county and haven't met baby at all. I got a couple of visits in with my mam before restrictions were rolled back.
I'm breastfeeding too, and thankfully that's going well and baby is thriving, I was able to have her in the hospital with me for my long stay and the nurses were fantastic.

I do a zoom chat with other new breastfeeding mothers on Monday for the last two weeks and find it super helpful.

Like you Masie, I'm longing to get out and see people and have a proper chat.
Baby was 6 weeks last Saturday! It's flown in.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion