Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Patrick McRory, 68 North Strand Street, Photo

• 07-12-2020 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

I want, if possible, to give a photo I found in a book some years ago back to the family or relation of the person in the photo

I believe the person in the photo to be Patrick McRory, 68 North Strand Street, Dublin. As written on the reverse.

He died in 1955 aged 63 and was married.

An acknowledgement in the Sunday Indo dated 16th Oct 1955 "The wife of the late Patrick McRory, 68 North Strand Road wishes...." so probably no children.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Oh, I like these ones - and we've had some success previously.

Just bear in mind usual rules apply as regards discussing living relatives.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

His death notice in the Independent says "...deeply regretted by his sorrowing wife, brother, nieces, relatives and friends..." so yes, very likely no children.

Death notice gives place of burial as Omagh Cemetery, Tyrone and fortunately a headstone photo is available at the Billion Graves website.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

Thats why we have PM's!

He is wearing a uniform in the photo - that of the Irish Army Engineering Corps.

Thanks for the grave find.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

Ok- I messaged a Construction company in Omagh called McCrory.
    Lets see.

Advertisement