Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New to IVF

• 17-03-2020 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi
    I have been thinking about starting ivf due to secondary infertility. We have tried Ovulation Induction but no success, I only have 1 tube, 1 being removed due to hydrosalphinx.
    Can anyone recommend a clinic that they have being to with good reports. This is a very emotional time for both myself & DH as we thought we wouldnt have to think about doing IVF.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭LCD

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I give the same advice to everyone & that is to go with a clinic closest to home &/or work as both of you will unfortunately probably end up going more than you think.
    They all fudge their stats a little, however I don't believe one has any significantly great success over any other.

We used Rotunda & found it to be very good. My sister in law used 1 the other side of the city (apologies can't remember the name) & also found it good

Take care of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

[Thanks, unfortunately we live in the Midlands so our nearest would prob be in Dublin.
    I have been looking into Rotunda, I was with Sims with my TSI.

Thanks very much

quote="LCD;112871767"]Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I give the same advice to everyone & that is to go with a clinic closest to home &/or work as both of you will unfortunately probably end up going more than you think.
    They all fudge their stats a little, however I don't believe one has any significantly great success over any other.

We used Rotunda & found it to be very good. My sister in law used 1 the other side of the city (apologies can't remember the name) & also found it good

Take care of yourself[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nicholi

Not sure exactly where in the Midlands you're based but worth noting that Sims have recently opened a sub clinic in Carlow - you can have scans and bloods done there but procedures would be carried out in Dublin. Might be an option.

Would really second picking a clinic as close as possible to you. With Sims myself and while I've no reasons to complain about the clinic at this stage of the process I'm sick of going up and down the M7 (live/work in Co. Clare). Unfortunately the Carlow clinic isn't really an option for me as would be marginally shorter than going to Dublin (I generally get an early appointment e.g. 7.00 - 7.30 a.m so go up the night before and stay with family) so it works out better to stick with Dublin clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smileylady4

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I also have secondary infertility. I have been trying to conceive for 4 years now. In this time I've had a miscarriage at the beginning then an eptopic pregnancy in 2018 which meant I had one tube removed then nothing for 2 whole years and I get a surprise I'm pregnant only to find at 6 week early pregnancy scan that I've had my 2nd eptopic pregnancy with my 2nd fallopian tube being removed. Now IVF is our only option.

I've no knowledge of IVF so any information would be gratefully accepted TIA ☺

It is still very sureal and a little lonely :(

Advertisement