Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

How and when the feck did 220,000 kms become low mileage? Am I out of touch or has the universe gone mad? Or both?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Very powerful car

Q

It very much depends what level you came from previously ..... maybe they had a bicycle or walked everywhere.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Very powerful car

Too much car for me I think

One of my old cars, a Saab 95 Aero 2.3 turbo 280bhp, was a powerful car.
    My old Vectra in that ad. Not so much..

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27994429

Surely a dreamer at that price with that mileage!

Others with less mileage advertised €2,000 cheaper!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well as we've seen many times in this thread M it seems anything under 300,000 on the clock is considered "low miles" in the heads of many.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Magown3 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27994429

Surely a dreamer at that price with that mileage!

Others with less mileage advertised €2,000 cheaper!
    It's on at €4,295 as per text in ad. Would you get an intact 2011 ready to go diesel Golf for €2,295? Maybe but I'm doubtful. I'd have to see it to believe.

Now this deserves its place in the thread. I know the under body lighting adds a few quid but €7k for a molested 2007 1.3 Civic.

It's on at €4,295 as per text in ad. Would you get an intact 2011 ready to go diesel Golf for €2,295? Maybe but I'm doubtful. I'd have to see it to believe.

Now this deserves its place in the thread. I know the under body lighting adds a few quid but €7k for a molested 2007 1.3 Civic.

My insurance is cheap so he says at €1400....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Made better then audio vehicles.... Ok I'm sold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I won't lie I do like neons on certain Jap cars, why is there quick release fittings on front lip, why would you include "engine detailed (no running issues)" and with €300 coilovers fitted it must be horribly uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I won't lie I do like neons on certain Jap cars, why is there quick release fittings on front lip, why would you include "engine detailed (no running issues)" and with €300 coilovers fitted it must be horribly uncomfortable

It wouldn't work in fast and furious though, it would never have made it under the truck....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Looks cool in fairness to him. €1250 cash today :pac: i would.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

So I bought a 5 year old 1.8 Civic for less than that 9 years ago.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    So I bought a 5 year old 1.8 Civic for less than that 9 years ago.
    That would be because of the JDM tax implemented in 2020.

Again with these ads, why do so many not do a simple spellcheck? :confused: And then the photos. He's got a couple of grand shots with the neons going, followed by pointless shots that give no more information. Why no interior or engine bay pics? If they're clean and "detailed" why mention that in the first place if you're not showing the goods? That said I have noticed in the last few years car reviewers on youtube etc almost never show under bonnet shots. I suppose because in the majority of cases car of the last ten years just have a big slab of black plastic on top of the engine so nothing to see. Maybe that's influenced adverts?

I presume these are mostly young lads(1400 squids for insurance on a 1.6 suggests that for this seller) and use their phones to create and upload ads? Hence they're kinda crap. Granted as an old fart I run the risk of spraining my thumbs replying to a whatsapp message on a phone and I would never post an ad from one. I'd probably end up with "care for sail" and four photos of my feet. Out of focus. But c'mon if you're selling something, especially for "big" money, sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s only a 1.4 with 83bhp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

And hes selling it after a month!?
    Cause its ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 17,392 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You can buy a cheaper type-r than that 1.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭pah

Wibbs wrote: »
    That would be because of the JDM tax implemented in 2020.

Again with these ads, why do so many not do a simple spellcheck? :confused: And then the photos. He's got a couple of grand shots with the neons going, followed by pointless shots that give no more information. Why no interior or engine bay pics? If they're clean and "detailed" why mention that in the first place if you're not showing the goods? That said I have noticed in the last few years car reviewers on youtube etc almost never show under bonnet shots. I suppose because in the majority of cases car of the last ten years just have a big slab of black plastic on top of the engine so nothing to see. Maybe that's influenced adverts?

I presume these are mostly young lads(1400 squids for insurance on a 1.6 suggests that for this seller) and use their phones to create and upload ads? Hence they're kinda crap. Granted as an old fart I run the risk of spraining my thumbs replying to a whatsapp message on a phone and I would never post an ad from one. I'd probably end up with "care for sail" and four photos of my feet. Out of focus. But c'mon if you're selling something, especially for "big" money, sell it.

It's easy to do a good ad for a car with a phone through the app.

You can buy a cheaper type-r than that 1.4.
    True enough but if he and his age group are paying 1400 quid for insurance on a 1.4 good luck with the mortgage needed for anything more lairy.
    pah wrote: »
    It's easy to do a good ad for a car with a phone through the app.
    I don't doubt it, which leaves me still wondering why so many crappy ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Those crappy ads with the car on it's side in different pics drives me mad.
    If your selling something, put a bit of effort in & sell it. When every pic is at a different angle I just move onto the next ad.

As an "old Fart" too I just believe that a good ad with good pics & a decent description of whatever you have can sell most items (unless it's totally sh!te:pac:).

T.

True enough but if he and his age group are paying 1400 quid for insurance on a 1.4 good luck with the mortgage needed for anything more lairy.

I don't doubt it, which leaves me still wondering why so many crappy ads.

Probably because they’re crappy cars and any decent photos would highlight this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Vicxas wrote: »

Correction, 11k for a rather rare and collectable 28 year old Corolla AE101 FX GT.

Another victim of a global bubble alright, but as the man says - find one cheaper somewhere else...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Pretty much bang on the money, even on the auctions they are rare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

There's actually one up for auction tomorrow in USS Tokyo. It will be interesting to see what it sells for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Vicxas wrote: »

Probably not far off. Similar era Hondas are that price.

What an absolute chancer. That's the Paddy Tax being applied in full public view. "this car drives perfect and is only going up and up in value". No a car drives perfectLY(that always does my bloody head in), which I'd want to see to believe with a TVR and it certainly is going up and up in value. In Chancerland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

What an absolute chancer. That's the Paddy Tax being applied in full public view. "this car drives perfect and is only going up and up in value". No a car drives perfectLY(that always does my bloody head in), which I'd want to see to believe with a TVR and it certainly is going up and up in value. In Chancerland

Yes quite sure it hasn't really been driven anyway judging by the miles! Certainly would not encourage me to buy any of his other stock!

Looking at his other stock it's all relatively "new" average dealer fare and the prices don't seem too mad for a dealer. I suspect one of those "it's an old[any mundane yoke here] so must be a classic and must be worth big money" types. They used to be very common in Ireland and it seems they're still out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Walking_Wolf

Advertisement