Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DPF advice please

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭karlitob

Got the insurance company to send out roadside assistance.

He tried starting the car - wouldn’t start.

He said that he thinks it’s trying to start but starved of fuel. He reckons it’s the fuel pump - especially when I said about the fuel pressure sensor. He said if he had easy start he could put it into the air box but he didn’t have it in the van.

Does that all make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There's probably a manual pump under the bonnet somewhere, it's used for when the car runs out of fuel to get some back into the engine again. If there's one, pump it a bit to see if it then starts and will give you an idea if the issue is it being starved of fuel.

Hurrache wrote: »
    There's probably a manual pump under the bonnet somewhere, it's used for when the car runs out of fuel to get some back into the engine again. If there's one, pump it a bit to see if it then starts and will give you an idea if the issue is it being starved of fuel.

Thanks for that. Now you say it - I think he may have done that. He went to the back of the car then to the fuel pump.

Anyway - it’s with a new garage now.

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice. I’ll keep you posted on the problem/outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Any updates? I have the same engine on my fluence just curious about the result, cause I have been driving mine almost every single day more than 100km a day and will be driving it more.

So far no issues with mine just coming close to getting it serviced, oil and filter change, nonstop spending just recently got the all brakes done on it.

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Any updates? I have the same engine on my fluence just curious about the result, cause I have been driving mine almost every single day more than 100km a day and will be driving it more.

So far no issues with mine just coming close to getting it serviced, oil and filter change, nonstop spending just recently got the all brakes done on it.

Thanks for checking in. Still waiting for the mechanic to call me. Local lad that comes highly recommended. They’re booked up til end of June but he’s squeezing me in this week.

I hope it’s just the fuel filter and it isn’t too expensive. I think the car costs me about €700 a year if not more in extra costs over the last 10 years. The joys of car ownership.

• Advertisement

I put petrol in rather than diesel - an expensive and embarrassing mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not as embarrassing as the first garage.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Not as embarrassing as the first garage.

Ha! That’s very generous of you.

That said, the new mechanic gave a very good reason why it couldn’t be the DPF filter - there is none!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Glad to hear you got sorted, I was reading until the end to tell you it was definitely a fueling issue of some sort.
    I've a lot of time inside the engines, if the fuel filter wasn't changed I'd recommend it even if it's running properly now. They're about €40 and a half hours labour so not a big job.

Advertisement