Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass Onion (Knives Out 2) **Spoilers from post 84**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Delighted really liked the first.

Missus loves a good murder

• Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dave Bautista has also joined the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Good for Craig's bank account.

I really enjoyed the first one. It was just a good old-fashioned whodunnit, and you knew the cast were having a blast filming it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I really enjoyed the first one. It was just a good old-fashioned whodunnit, and you knew the cast were having a blast filming it.
    Sort of. It sort of inverts the concept too. The setup is that we see her do it. We feel sorry for her. We're rooting against the detective, sort of. It's not just a well done whodunnit, but a little cleverer than that. It's a small thing, but it freshened the format up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Delighted really liked the first.

Missus loves a good murder

Did you notice her taking notes?

Realistically, when would this be expected to be released, considering it's not exactly a huge effects movie or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did you notice her taking notes?

Realistically, when would this be expected to be released, considering it's not exactly a huge effects movie or anything?

She's often mentioned the ways she'd finish me off when I reach max life assurance :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kathryn Hahn is the latest to join

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

She's everywhere at the moment. Anything comedy, especially dark comedy you can expect her to make an appearance.

• Advertisement

Good for Craig's bank account.

Is he also producer?

Kate Hudson has also joined

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Is he also producer?

Kate Hudson has also joined

According to various sources but him and Johnson are getting a paycheck of around 100 million. Not bad.

Jessica Henwick added. Says she rounds out the cast so guess she's the last to join.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/knives-out-2-matrix-4s-jessica-henwick-1234774810/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Dave Bautista has also joined the cast.

He's in everything :pac:
    The Rock would be sweating if he wasn't a one man media empire at this stage.

Jada Pinkett Smith has joined

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It hasn't been officially announced, but there's talk that Ethan Hawke has joined too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This has an official title: ‘Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery’.

Glass Onion is a perfect combination of words IMO 😂

Johnson has a bit of a spiel about it here:

“When I made Knives Out, that’s what excited me about the prospect of making more mysteries with Daniel as Benoit Blanc - to emulate Christie and have every film be like a whole new book, with its own tone, ambition, reason for being… and (ta dah) title.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Very excited about this, I imagine we'll get a proper trailer soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As the old meme goes, my body is ready

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

get her name out of your mouth

im in two minds, loved the first one but i have the fear that theyll be dragging the arse out of the concept by doing a sequel

• Advertisement

Netflix paid $469m for the two films.

The budget for this one is $30m - $50m according to wikipedia so if you say the same kind of budget for the 3rd one that brings it in at around the $100m mark.

Is the other $369m that Netflix paud going on the wages of the all star cast and the director?

No wonder Netflix share price is taking big hits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The deal was only for the rights AFAIK, likely wouldn’t include the actual budget for the films - although Johnson and Craig and Johnson’s producer Bergman all likely got a very nice payday out of it, and their money therefore may not be included in the actual production budget as a result.

It was an absolutely insane deal that made no financial sense for Netflix other than to secure some guaranteed prestige sequels to an acclaimed film. Couldn’t be happier for Johnson and co though - they made out like bandits, and rarely has a director so earned their success.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Netflix have made some horrible deals in the past, and this will prove to be another.

Reminder that the new, $100m movie from Top Gun Maverick's director, starring one of its stars (Miles Teller) and Thor himself (Chris Hemsworth) is released on Friday and nobody has any idea it exists.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

$370 million for rights is insane. This can't end well for Netflix as this stage, they can't keep throwing around crazy money like this and expect it all to come up roses. At some point somebody's gonna want returns on these numbers.

December 23rd Netflix

It's the closing screening of London Film Festival on October 16th with 'simultaneous preview screenings' across the UK.

Last time that happened was for The Irishman and that included Irish screenings alongside the UK ones, so hopefully that'll be the case this time around too.

I can see Netflix going to cinemas a lot more now with big budget films to try and get some extra money in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Certainly looks a lot more lavish and extravagant than the first film; hopefully it's not one of those sequels where "more" of everything results in a less satisfying whole.

Still remains an obscene, insane amount of money paid by Netflix - just for streaming rights. Seems a shame it won't be available for viewing in the cinema.

• Advertisement

Reviews coming out of the Toronto Film Festival are positive

Advertisement