Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Easily the most obnoxious, Rudest & Nasty was of all people Seve Ballesteros. I had the displeasure of working at a certain Golf Resort he was affiliated to (those in the know will know which one). Whilst not pleasant to talk ill of the dead, this guys public persona was quite the opposite of what he was like. My stomach turns every time I hear golfing commentators lament his wonderfulness. He attended most big events and had a property on the resort and his demands, treatment of staff where quite extraordinary & frankly disgusting. The resort eventually taken over by Nama and since been resold.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Easily the most obnoxious, Rudest & Nasty was of all people Seve Ballesteros. I had the displeasure of working at a certain Golf Resort he was affiliated to (those in the know will know which one). Whilst not pleasant to talk ill of the dead, this guys public persona was quite the opposite of what he was like. My stomach turns every time I hear golfing commentators lament his wonderfulness. He attended most big events and had a property on the resort and his demands, treatment of staff where quite extraordinary & frankly disgusting. The resort eventually taken over by Nama and since been resold.
    Sure the Spanish fooked up the Spanish Armada and that wasn’t easy ! !

They have a Chip on their Shoulders ever Since ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Starting a movie “Perrier’s bounty “ it’s like who’s who from this thread :)

We’ll see if I last passed 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 28,008 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

colm_mcm wrote: »
    His brother Emmet was a known Dick too.

Underappreciated post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Easily the most obnoxious, Rudest & Nasty was of all people Seve Ballesteros. and his demands, treatment of staff where quite extraordinary & frankly disgusting. The resort eventually taken over by Nama and since been resold.

:confused:

you got me intrigued now, please elaborate (or pm me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

Rudest - Cian Egan/David Walliams/Laura Whitmore

Nicest - The Edge/Ronan Keating/Victoria Beckham/Sinead O'Connor

tell us more about the rude ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

Blindboy aka David Chambers. Not many people would recognise him without the silly bag on his head but I spotted him in Whelans about a year and a half ago. I tried to say hello to him but I don't think he wanted attention <SNIP>

MOD: Please read the charter and do not make unsubstantiated accusations in this forum again.

coinop wrote: »
    Blindboy aka David Chambers. Not many people would recognise him without the silly bag on his head but I spotted him in Whelans about a year and a half ago. I tried to say hello to him but I don't think he wanted attention <SNIP>

Did get all excited and draw attention to him? <SNIP>

Expand your points please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,752 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pink Fox wrote: »
    Always hear good stuff about Aidan Turner. Sound guy. Great actor.
    I had a few drinks with him in LA he is a very nice fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 betshare

brad pitt once bumped into me in London and asked me to watch myself...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Coinop, read the charter before posting in here.

betshare wrote: »
    brad pitt once bumped into me in London and asked me to watch myself...

If that was a threat it was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

Colin Farrell farted and didnt say excuse me or feel like it was rude in company. he felt he could fart and we should all inhale his stink and be glad of the opportunity !

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Tubridy. Had one encounter with him.

It was January 2011 just after the big snow. I was walking down Aungier Street / George's street towards Dame Street from college one night and I stopped and moved to let a couple go by cos the paths weren’t wide enough and still very icy. It was him and he was with Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin, neither of them said thanks.

I must have had that look of recognition (oh that's Tubbers and AOS) on my face and he gave me a look of utter contempt like I was dirt on his shoe. Only way I can sum it up.

His brother's a piece of work as well, he's a consultant who was asked by a terminal relative's primary consultant (an oncologist) who asked him to give an opinion on her neurological symptoms. Very cold, couldn't give a sh*t / gave the impression he was above it all / why was he being bothered, and just walked out of her hospital room after delivering some very hard hitting news and ignored our questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

Nice ones:

Cillian murphy: used to pass him running every morning. Never had a chat but would always say hi. My mother, who walks the same route and has no issues chatting to perfect strangers, ambushed him walking his dog and talked the ear off him for a good while so he was either very patient, very sound or a combination of both.

Heath Ledger: meet him when I was pissed years ago in the states. Was very nice as far as I can remember.

Steven gatley: i had no idea who he was but he used to come into the video shop i worked part time in and small talk. He forget his card so I have to search the name. The program was really fiddly so you had to spell the name exactly or it wouldnt find it or throw out hundreds of results. Given Steven has a few ways of being spelled it would take a few goes and he probably thought I was being a dick to him pretending i didnt know him but was always friendly nonetheless. Figured out who he was from a female colleague about 8 months later.

Bill Clinton: really really nice and charismatic.

Not nice

Larry Mullin- was ok chatting but was at a house party and if anyone put on anything other than U2 he turn it off and put on U2 which was a such a put off.

Some girl who won big brother I cant remember. Wandered into a nightclub in Dublin midweek and it was her and her 4 or 5 hangers on celebrating her birthday. We sat in some particular seat in a raised area and she demanded we were moved as it was her birthday and made sit on the small area downstairs. Bear in mind we were at another table(where there were 15 other tables and we were a good 5o feet away around a corner) on the same floor as her . Cant remember the name but the rudeness lives on.

Conor Mcgregor: Again, at a nightclub and another time when he entered a resteraunt he didn't have a booking for and did the "do you know who I am " act for 30 minutes until they relented and sorted him a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kigerajoe

Who is john cena

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

His brother ( Niall) is indeed a prick ,once had an appointment to see him, I was five minutes late due to being delayed behind a car accident in Goatstown, his secretary told me " he left for his golf game "

How many times do you need to wait perhaps a half hour to see a consultant yet the one time the shoe was on the other foot, he fcuks off, tells you how little they need 240

• Not rude, but a funny story. Going into Dublin Airport and about to go in and I spot Johnny Vegas having a cigarette outside, so I wander over to say hello. As Im heading towards him, his mobile goes and he answers with "Hello? Wha? Im in Dublin and Im 'ungover as f&ck. Wha dyu want?". I thought to myself, Johnny's having an off, day, maybe I'll catch him in the bar later".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

An awful lot of consultants seem to be sociopaths with zero people skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭joeguevara

At least allowing him to sit beside his friend was one of the funniest stories ever.

https://youtu.be/LpNycE7W8ho

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

only celebrities i have ever had any interactions with were:

Matt Damon and his wife when they were living locally during lockdown, i bumped into him a few times running and he always said hello, my wife told me to get a pic so the next time i encountered i asked and he was very cool about it, also saw him chatting to lots of other people around dalkey at various times.

David McWilliams spoke with him a few times, again very nice fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Joe Santiago/David Lovering (Pixies) - Both very nice, particularly DL

Annie Clarke (St Vincent) - Blanked me when I said hello....maybe she didn't notice me but i think she may have

Kim + Kelley Deal (The Breeders) - Mad as a balloon but sweethearts

Johnny Marr - Met him twice and he was amazing....very generous, friendly and chatty

Chloe Grace Moretz - She was ok, agreed to a selfie which was nice of her (i'm surprised i even asked her but i was taken by surprise when she suddenly appeared)

Tim DeLaughter (the polyphonic spree) - Lovely guy

Wayne Coyne (the Flaming Lips) - Nice at times but a little creepy and seemed rather full of himself. A bit odd.

Mr Lahey from The Trailer Park Boys - Lovely guy. Chatted for a while. (RIP John Dunsworth)

Mani from the Stone Roses - Mad, in a good way! God fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 figleaf25

Jared Leto. Watched him be a shithead to fans and make a few actually leave in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Jesus, I thought Tubs was the most miserable looking drip imaginable....until i googled his brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Investigative reports

Everyone seems to say that about Van Morrison. He just seems grouchy and like he likes no one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Investigative reports

I met Paul Provenza, US comic from Northern Exposure. He was polite and friendly.

Advertisement