Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving Offices from Tallaght to Clonskeagh

Options
  • 16-05-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi there,

our offices are moving from Airton Rd in Tallaght to the Beech Hill estate in Clonskeagh near UCD.

I currently drive from Artane to work every day which takes me about 30-35 mins. I am looking for suggestions as to what would be the best way to travel to and from work.

It has been suggested that I could get the Dart from Killester to Sydney Parade and then get a Feeder bus up. Does anyone else take this route. Are there feeder buses from Sydney parade to Beech Hill ?

Does anyone drive this route and if so how long does it take them ?

Or does anyone know of any direct buses from Malahide rd to Clonskeagh at about 8.00 in the morning ?

Cheers,

Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

32x is a direct bus from Malahide to UCD (and back).

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/32x/

Not sure if it suits you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

The closest bus route that passes by the Beech Hill estate is the number 11, which goes from Glasnevin to Kilmacud, that will drop you almost outside. You might be able to get to this from Artane? The green Luas is about a 15 minute walk, and it's 10 minutes walk to Donnybrook, which has the 46a, the 145, and the 39a from the city centre.

The Malahide road Xpresso buses going to UCD (27X, 32X) go by Donnybrook on their way to UCD. You might be able to get one of those direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭markst33

Thanks folks,

anyone have any information on Dart - feeder bus as this would suit me best as I am not far from Killester Dart station

Hah. Dublin Bus route finder recommends that to get from Sydney Parade to Beech Hill, you should get the DART back to Tara St and jump on the no. 11 :D

So there's an option - DART to Tara Street and No 11 from O'Connell St to Clonskeagh.

The only feeder busses from Sydney Parade go into UCD. But tbh, by the time you've waited for a bus and walked across UCD, you could have walked direct from Sydney parade to your workplace. It's only a 20/25 minute walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

The traffic in and around Clonskeagh, esp. Clonskeagh road can be pretty heavy in the morning. It's worse heading into town tho so you may be OK if you were driving / on the bus heading the opposite direction. I do know the 11 bus is not particularly frequent so you'd need to check the timetables to ensure you're not waiting around for 15/20 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There appears to be a private feeder bus from the DART at Sydney Parage to Beech Hill (it's mentioned by the estate agents) but I can't find out who operates it or what sort of timetable it has.

If your company knows who manages the business park they may be able to help.

Dublin Bus operate route 3 which passes Sydney Parade but operates to UCD.

Otherwise, buses 39a, 46a and 145 will take you to Donnybrook Bus Garage from the city centre - 10 minutes walk away along Beaver Row, while the 11, 11a and 11b will take you to beside the campus on the Clonskeagh Road.

In the morning peak any of the 25x, 32x, 41x, 51x, 66x and 67x will all take you to Donnybrook Garage from the city centre, returning in the evening peak.

To correct a post above, note that:
    The 27x does not serve Donnybrook Garage - it operates via Merrion Road and Nutley Lane to UCD, while the 32x does not serve the Malahide Road, but operates via Clontarf Road. It does however serve Donnybrook Garage.

Hi Folks,

thanks for all your input. Just to clarify my situation. I live in Artane off the Malahide Rd, but my son goes to a creche in Killester, so the Dart/Feeder bus option would be the best for me as I could leave my car at the creche and walk the 2 mins to the Dart station.

I want to avoid getting a bus into town and another one out to Clonskeagh, as i would rather take my chances driving than do that.

Someone else pointed out that the feeder bus goes into UCD and not to Beechhill, so does anyone know of walking shortcuts from UCD to Beech Hill or is the whole of UCD contained with a wall or fence apart from the main entrance ?

Once again, thanks for all your replies,

Mark.

markst33 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

thanks for all your input. Just to clarify my situation. I live in Artane off the Malahide Rd, but my son goes to a creche in Killester, so the Dart/Feeder bus option would be the best for me as I could leave my car at the creche and walk the 2 mins to the Dart station.

I want to avoid getting a bus into town and another one out to Clonskeagh, as i would rather take my chances driving than do that.

Someone else pointed out that the feeder bus goes into UCD and not to Beechhill, so does anyone know of walking shortcuts from UCD to Beech Hill or is the whole of UCD contained with a wall or fence apart from the main entrance ?

Once again, thanks for all your replies,

Mark.

The private feeder bus goes directly to Beech Hill. It's mentioned by all of the estate agents in their bumph relating to that office park.

I would suggest, as I said above, that you find out through your employer who manages the office campus and contact them directly as there is nothing on the web regarding the timetables.

The reference above to a feeder bus to UCD by a poster is referring to Dublin Bus route 3 which passes Sydney Parade DART station (every 30 minutes) and on to UCD.

To get from UCD to Beech Hill requires walking out onto the Clonskeagh Road and around to Beaver Row. There is no back entrance/exit.

There's a possible back entrance here, but the images are a couple of years old or there could be a gate or a building in the way now.

seamus wrote: »
    There's a possible back entrance here, but the images are a couple of years old or there could be a gate or a building in the way now.

As far as I'm aware, the only western entrances (pedestrian or otherwise) are the main Clonskeagh entrance and that at Richview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

There was a private shuttle bus running from Beech Hill to Syndey Parade when I worked there. I'd be surprised if it wasn't still running, but I am not sure was it for the use of HP and Ericsson only, or was it available to all. I'd get onto your employer about that because it was a pretty handy service.

There is also a gate between UCD and Belfield Office Park , which is also part of the Beech Hill complex (its the one on the map linked above). This gate has a code, but I have noticed it seems to be permanently open these days. It's a bit of trek through UCD and I would not fancy doing it in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

The private bus was still running, but on slightly reduced time table from what it used to a few years ago.
    It goes about about 15 minutes or so in the morning. It's an unmarked white mini bus.
    They can be slow in the evening, especially over winter, due to traffic. I've often over winter walked to the Sydney parade faster. It takes about 20 minutes.
    In the end I cycled all the time, much faster

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Re239

I live outside the city, so bring a bike across multiple public transport services is not viable. Is there one of those Dublin Bike facilities near by? Or do people typically leave cheap bikes at the station? Just curious about the logistics and options available. Is there a car park nearby the bike can be left in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Re239 wrote: »
    I live outside the city, so bring a bike across multiple public transport services is not viable. Is there one of those Dublin Bike facilities near by? Or do people typically leave cheap bikes at the station? Just curious about the logistics and options available. Is there a car park nearby the bike can be left in?

You can leave a cheap bike and good lock at the station.
    If you are to do that, use 2 different ypes of lock, I'd suggest a good U lock and and good chain. You can leave these at the station in the evening. The locks should be quite a high percentage of the cost of a cheap bike. Don't have anyting quick release on the bike if it isn't locked to it.

How far outside the city are you? You might be surprised that you'd be able to cycle all the way in. Distances aren't as far when you are not stuck in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

seamus wrote: »
    That gate has a keycode on it as it provides access to UCD staff who work in Block 8 of Belfield office Park with the rest of campus. However the code lock has been removed for some time, leaving the gate permenantly open these days.
    I would recommend getting off a N11 bus at RTÉ, crossing the road and walking up Greenfield Park to the very end. There are 3 gates at end, take the right one it has been replaced since the googlestreetview car was around, and though the gate is now always locked, there is ample space for a pedestrian to pass between the hedge and the gate's pillar, from there take the next left (shown on the map at end of this PDF as "Golden Ash Walk"). That will take you around the ucd lodge, to a path that leads to the back gate in the quoted post above. If the code lock gets replaced, just ask around, I'd imagine a lot of people use the gate so the code must be well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Laurac2012

Hi there,

our offices are moving from Airton Rd in Tallaght to the Beech Hill estate in Clonskeagh near UCD.

I currently drive from Artane to work every day which takes me about 30-35 mins. I am looking for suggestions as to what would be the best way to travel to and from work.

It has been suggested that I could get the Dart from Killester to Sydney Parade and then get a Feeder bus up. Does anyone else take this route. Are there feeder buses from Sydney parade to Beech Hill ?

Does anyone drive this route and if so how long does it take them ?

Or does anyone know of any direct buses from Malahide rd to Clonskeagh at about 8.00 in the morning ?

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi mark

I'm in a similar predicament and wondered how you're getting on. I'd be travelling from donaghmede to clonskeagh.

Thanks

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Laurac2012 wrote: »
    Hi mark

I'm in a similar predicament and wondered how you're getting on. I'd be travelling from donaghmede to clonskeagh.

Thanks

Laura

Bus it into town and you can take an 11 to Clonskeagh Road or a choice of the ultra regular 46A or 145 from D'Olier Street or 39A from College Street (Trinity College), hop off at Donnybrook and a walk up Beaver Row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

If cycling is an option it is very quick. I've cycled darndale to richview in just under 30 minutes, usually take 40 minutes. bout 13.3km.

I usually go up the malahide road then after fairview turn left at the 5 lamps, over the samuel beckett bridge then down the canal till leeson street, cut through ranelagh then onto clonskeagh.

Your could do similiar but a different option is to do the same route until the canal but then turn left towards the rds, pass donnybrook and up beaver row.

Your route would be about 10km.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?saddr=Pinebrook+Rd&daddr=53.344761,-6.2407325+to:53.321122,-6.2308851+to:Beech+Hill+Rd,+Clonskeagh,+Dublin+14&hl=en&ll=53.341123,-6.226931&spn=0.028134,0.084543&sll=53.390188,-6.191225&sspn=0.028101,0.084543&geocode=FdKDLgMdPjWh_w%3BFfn5LQMdJMag_ymjf3i2kg5nSDEg6qr7pscAEw%3BFaKdLQMdm-yg_ymp6rAMyQ5nSDGR1Or8pscAEw%3BFd19LQMdCdOg_ymfKc_PSglnSDHCq6qfXGwyhg&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=14&via=1,2&z=14

It'd definitely be faster than driving over. The samuel beckett bridge can get backed up a bit during rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Laurac2012

Apologies for the delay and thanks for your comments back. Like Mark, I live very close to the Dart so Im really keen to find out whether the shuttle bus is still running from Sydney Parade to Beech hill???

Mark - how are you getting on??

thanks
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Is there still private feeder bus from the DART at Sydney Parage to Beech Hill?

• Advertisement

Yes but it depends on what company you are working for as to whether you are allowed use it

It would be paddy power.
    If Not allowed. Whats the best way to get there from dublin city center

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

From City Centre, should still be the 11 bus?

Get off by the Applegreen petrol station in Clonskeagh and it's just across the the road from it.

Paddy Power is one of the companies who use the bus so you are covered there.

What role are you taking up in PP. I work here.

Paddy Power is one of the companies who use the bus so you are covered there.

What role are you taking up in PP. I work here.

Sent you a PM

Advertisement