Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Sticky] Gigs/Events in Cork? Post 'em here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I saw Rest before, they were pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

what kind of music do redneck manifesto play?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

Rest were excellent at the UCC "Battle of the Bands" last week. They deservedly won the heat. Definitely worth seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭peeve

What about Cradle on weds, con? worth seeing? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

Something average????
    Something excellent more like!

Cradle were fantastic wednesday night, robbed if you ask me!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

Just heard that the warlords of Pez are playing the half moon with japanese band Mika Bomb at the end of March (27th I think). 2 or 3 of them are from west cork and they're completely insane, closest thing i've seen to the sultans of ping since, well, the sultans of ping!

http://www.warlordsofpez.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Ok so Cork had some decent gigs over the last few months. Ryan Adams being the highlight but is there anything else big planned over the next few months, outdoor concert in the summer or something. When Oliver Barry was promoting concerts cork had big acts, Michael Jackson, U2, Oasis etc. and then there was Feile too. Now we seem to be reduced to small aspiring bands who if they are any good will probably never play here again anyway unless there actually from here. The Frames or Glen Hansard playing every second week with a splash of the Frank and Walters every 6 months and a litlle sprinkle of some decent bands in between. Its getting better but i think everyone wants more. Bigger, Better.......theres money to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

The Savoy were getting some good acts there recently. Must look up who's going to be playing there next. Hmmm not much that I can find.

• Advertisement

Savoy have Lemon Jelly and Royskopp playing in the next few months as well as Paddy Casey. Lemon Jelly & Royskopp tickets won't be on sale to the general public, rather they're going to be given away as part of some heineken promotion I'm told.

other gigs coming to cork include

Wilt
    Burning Brides
    Soledad Brothers
    Enon
    Acid Mothers temple soul collective
    Redneck Manifesto
    Jerry Dammers (DJ set)
    Alabama 3 (dj set and acoustic set)
    Jape
    Jetplane Landing

e-mail me at jcomic@indigo.ie and I'll ad you to my gig news mailing list.

LemonJelly - don't know much of their stuff but everyone is talking about them so definitely have to go that, maybe thats the Witnness gig??
    Paddy Casey - theres a blast from the past, the man who was the new david gray but couldn't follow up on hin first album.
    Thanks for the info.

Robert Owens at Telefunkin tomorrow night.

Just got the Savoy badly formatted Newsletter.

TELEFUNKIN with Special Guest ROBERT OWENS (dj & vocalist)
    Residents Angi & Colm Kenefick

LIVE VISUAL TREATS & DANCERS

FEB 1st 2003

Doors: 11.30
    Adm: €10 b4 12 €12 after12

Just received this:

WARLORDS OF PEZ

Warlords of Pez... Myth
    Warlords of Pez... Legends
    Warlords of Pez... Zillionaire Space Rockers

As Old as Time. As Powerful as God. No, more Powerful than God. The Warlords - supercool cybernetic constructs who eat lightning and **** magic, are the handiwork of Dr. Burglestein deranged intergalactic genius.

Their Sole Purpose: the annihilation of all intelligent beings unfortunate enough to cross their paths. These handsome hooded anti-heroes by means of their own particular brand of Sonic Terrorism intend to wipe the collective smiles from the faces of ALL MANKIND and bring about the end of civilisation as we know it.

Know Your Members:
    Vocals: Turbo Apocalypse
    Vocals (Recorded live via telephone from Thailand): Deepspace DonkeyBite
    Guitar: Deklekon Doombringer
    Guitar/keyboard: Disco Bloodbox V.3.1
    Drums: The Kid Beatmeat Deathcurtains
    Bass: Max Megadoom
    Annoying bits,Samples and Korg: Dr. Burglestein

Warlords of Pez play The Half Moon Theatre, Cork, on Thurs March 27th as support to Mika Bomb (from Japan)

- a bandicoot promotion -

Originally posted by daveirl
    Lemonjelly tickets available - for free - from here starting on Sunday - http://www.heinekengreenroomsessions.ie/

Well I'm entered into a draw apparently.... not free tix yet

Yeah thanks daveirl, I'm in too, hopefully some of us will get tickets.......

Cork Gigs coming up soon:
    Jerry Dammers (of the specials) - The Blue angel - feb 22nd
    Jimmy Cake - Half Moon - March 1st
    Jerry Fish & the Mudbug Club - Half Moon - March 8th
    Redneck Manifesto + Weevil - The Half Moon - 3pm march 9th
    Paddy Casey - Savoy - March 13th
    David Kitt - Everyman - March 18th
    Cathal Coughlan (of Microdisney/Fatima Mansions) - Half Moon - March 21st
    Mika Bomb + Warlords of Pez - Half Moon - March 27th
    Acid Mothers Temple Soul Collective - The Lobby - May 31st
    Jetplane Landing & Rest - The Lobby - June 1st

• Advertisement

just got sent this a few minutes ago:

Burning Brides are NOT playing Pine Lodge in Myrtleville this coming Fri (14th) as previously announced. They were to reschedule for May but they are now touring with Audioslave around that time so the wait continues.

Jerry Dammers (of The Specials) mixes the night away up in The Blue Angel (Top Floor Of Cork Opera House) on Sat 22nd Feb.

Redneck Manifesto play a rescheduled show in the Half Moon Theatre on Sun 9th March. Its now an afternoon gig (3pm) and open to all ages. Support from Weevil.

The amazing Enon from the States are now confirmed for a free gig in Pine Lodge, Myrtleville on Sun 16th March. Its a bank holiday the next day (Paddys day) so keep this in mind (no work for the wicked). Enon is made up of an ex member of Brainiac and the Japanese girl that used to play bass with The Lapse. Their recent album was released on Touch and Go Records (home to Shellac/Girls Against Boys etc). The Bloodthirsty Lovers (featuring ex Grifters) may also play on the night but this is not confirmed just yet.

Mikabomb (Super sexy punky girly trash rockers from Japan) plus The Warlords Of Pez (Zillionaire space rockers) play a special gig in the Half Moon Theatre on Thurs 27th March.

The Soledad Brothers from Detroit are set to return with their fab gritty indie electric blues. They play a freebie in Pine Lodge, Myrtleville on Sat 3rd May (bank holiday weekend) and you just never know who may turn up on the night as a special guest.

Justin Sullivan (of New Model Army) is nearly confirmed for a Cork show on Thurs 29th May. The Half Moon Theatre looks likely to be the venue for this acoustic setting.

The Acid Mothers Temple Soul Collective from Japan play the Lobby Bar on Sat 31st May. This event will feature live sets from Tsurubami, Pardons and Kawabata Makoto.

Jetplane Landing bring their indie guitar antics over from London and play the Lobby Bar on Sun 1st June. Rest also play on the night.

More gigs to be announced.

expect to hear: The Kills, Evan Dando, Enon, Tycho Brahe (they're in the Lobby tonight), June of 44, Garlic, Loose Fur, Dirty Three and loads more besides.

I'll probably have a few giveaways also one of which will be the superb new Calexico album.

ooooooooooooooo
    Centrifugal
    the indie/alt show on Radio Friendly, Cork, Ireland with DJ Balaclava
    104fm - Sundays 5-7pm

I'd love to see the Tycho Brahe

Review of an album by them

Is Evan Dando playing the half moon soon ?

Ah LOL it was probably an old poster then. DOH

Excellent just got my free tickets for LemonJelly, there seem to be plenty there still if you haven't got them yet.

I logged in and was told to **** off. This was at 10.30

• Advertisement

Haha, just logged back in and got offered a ticket as well as 2 more for friends. Odd.

Advertisement