Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin media flash sale (Mobile sim only €10)

Options
  • 23-05-2020 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭

Sim only unlimited talk/ text/ 4G data
    e10 @month 30 day rolling contract
    Haven't got a link, tried to copy and paste ( no joy)
    Offer until June

€10Unlimited Plan
    Unlimited 4G Data

Unlimited Calls

Unlimited Texts

EU Roaming (11.7GB) Included

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Great deal. Bit late to the party though. They lost me to Gomo months ago. Didn't ever have a problem with them, but I've not had any trouble with Gomo either.
    Sim only unlimited talk/ text/ 4G data
    e10 @month 30 day rolling contract
    Haven't got a link, tried to copy and paste ( no joy)
    Offer until June

€10Unlimited Plan
    Unlimited 4G Data

Unlimited Calls

Unlimited Texts

EU Roaming (11.7GB) Included

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Link to the offer https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/

New customers only.

The offer is for the first 12 months and then it's 25 EUR a month. GoMo offer obviously is advertised as for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Link

€15 per month with 5GB Data
    or
    €10 per month for 80GB Data
    and €25 per month after 12 months

Both 30 day rolling contract.

€0.25 per minute to divert calls

diMCy7q.jpg
    Here's the info you have to give them:

LzroHBk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Link

€15 per month with 5GB Data
    or
    €10 per month for 80GB Data
    and €25 per month after 12 months

Both 30 day rolling contract.

€0.25 per minute to divert calls

diMCy7q.jpg
    Here's the info you have to give them:

LzroHBk.jpg

Yeah it's not a bad offer but €25pm after 12 months. I imagine most that take up the offer will move again in 12 months. Will take a lot go get me to move away from gomo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yeah it's not a bad offer but €25pm after 12 months. I imagine most that take up the offer will move again in 12 months. Will take a lot go get me to move away from gomo now.

I suppose it's a way for them to limit the offer to 12 months as they know most people won't pay the 25pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Weren’t they do a deal where the mobile was €5 a month? Maybe it was because I had the home BB with it.

Personally, I found it brutal. Never has any coverage (at home or work) Got did after one month. I think they piggyback off 3’s network. I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Sounds like a great offer, thanks! If I buy a Virgin Sim would I be able to keep my old number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I think they piggyback off 3’s network. I could be wrong

You’re not :) ...

Do VM still have issues receiving some 2FA, security codes, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thanks OP just signed up.

No money was taken from my account and no porting details on the sign up - assume this happens when sim arrives??

What's their online system like regarding keeping track of any potential additional costs, what minutes and data I've used etc?

Have my log in details but just says error in my account section, presumably since I've literally signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

Try using the ComReg link for different mobile providers coverage, by entering your area code.
    https://coveragemap.comreg.ie/map

Keep in mind that just because it says your area is good coverage, could also mean a lot of people are using that network and data speeds could be slow.
    In my case Comreg says Vodafone is good for my location and GOMO is fair. But i get better data speeds on GOMO than a Vodafone, as there are more people using Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I recently ported over to Virgin mobile.

Customer Service is via WhatsApp chat at the moment and it was the most excruciatingly awful service I've had the misfortune to experience - and that includes attempting to sort billing issues with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

Can anyone here recommend a good Sim Router, as this could boost sim data speeds.

JackNow wrote: »
    Try using the ComReg link for different mobile providers coverage, by entering your area code.
    https://coveragemap.comreg.ie/map

Keep in mind that just because it says your area is good coverage, could also mean a lot of people are using that network and data speeds could be slow.
    In my case Comreg says Vodafone is good for my location and GOMO is fair. But i get better data speeds on GOMO than a Vodafone, as there are more people using Vodafone.

Thanks! On Vodafone X plan myself but said I'd save the tenner a month and they're throttling the speeds soon.

Is there a way to test the sim that arrives before porting it over to check coverage, compare vs Vodafone etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

DopeTech wrote: »

Didn't see that at all, checked map 4G is good
    Wondering in real life is the signal ok?
    And tbe download speed

rizzee wrote: »
    Thanks! On Vodafone X plan myself but said I'd save the tenner a month and they're throttling the speeds soon.

Is there a way to test the sim that arrives before porting it over to check coverage, compare vs Vodafone etc?

I'm vodaphone x aswell and have the same worries

Sounds like a great offer, thanks! If I buy a Virgin Sim would I be able to keep my old number?

Yes

Yamanoto wrote: »

Customer Service is via WhatsApp chat at the moment and it was the most excruciatingly awful service I've had the misfortune to experience - and that includes attempting to sort billing issues with Eir.

Oh no ,feck that so, couldn't go back to anything like eir

I'm vodaphone x aswell and have the same worries

No harm trying man. I got a 48 sim the other day and the coverage and speeds were roughly the same as Vodafone in my home area.

I'll let you know when it arrives anyway, will test it all out and compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

All the Telco's are shocking, but Virgin had live agents chatting to you via WhatsApp. Problem was they'd ask a question, you'd reply to it & they'd then take 1h45mins to ask another question. It was painful.

I find their 4G speeds far better than Tesco mobile, though the call quality is oddly muddier. Quirk of my location I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

You’re not :) ...

Do VM still have issues receiving some 2FA, security codes, etc?

They can't receive txts from BOI if that's what you're referring to?

• Advertisement

Yamanoto wrote: »

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yes, it’s really annoying. They don’t fix the issue if it’s broken for you.

Avoid if you have any reliance on those SMS.

Would this be in relation to authorisation codes from revolut and AIB, Log on codes for various websites etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I don't get the point of Virgins offer when goMo is still cheaper.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

jakdublin wrote:
    Great deal. Bit late to the party though. They lost me to Gomo months ago. Didn't ever have a problem with them, but I've not had any trouble with Gomo either.

Gomo is useless for me anywhere outside Dublin. Will definitely move..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

tedpan wrote: »

Ahh that's true.

I never found the 20 plan on three great. Could never keep credit in the phone. With Virgin at 25 just worked. Unlike their support or billing.

beauf wrote: »
    I don't get the point of Virgins offer when goMo is still cheaper.

In what way is €10 greater than €13?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I'm on the Three 20 euro a month plan. Is it worth switching over to this? Obviously it's cheaper, but what about the signal and customer service?

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I'm on the Three 20 euro a month plan. Is it worth switching over to this? Obviously it's cheaper, but what about the signal and customer service?

Checked signal on comreg map it's fine
    Worried about the customer care service though,I mean if it's even remotely like eir I won't consider joining

tedpan wrote: »

Surprised , from what I read on boards it's fine, would have jumped at that offer ages ago but fir eirs involvement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Like others have asked, is their issue with all 2FA and text verification services? Big issue if it is.

Advertisement