Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei P30 lite + Huawei Band 4 for €129.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

sector_000 wrote: »
    Lazy & cheapskate question.... part 2 :D

If I get a new 48month sim with a brand new number, activate that, can I simply use that to get the Huawei P30 lite for €229 - €100 for selecting the "Keep my number"?

Then once I get the phone... can I give it my son who's already on Vodafone?

While the phone is locked to Vodafone, is it somehow locked to the particular PAYG plan u select?

Yes you can avail of the discount by porting the sim and give the phone to your son on VF already. No, you are not locked into any PAYG Plan with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

What is the cheapest sim I can get from another provider to allow me to port in a number to avail of the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

kala85 wrote: »
    What is the cheapest sim I can get from another provider to allow me to port in a number to avail of the offer

€0.00c

48, Eir, possibly others.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Go with eir

I ordered 48 and eir. The order cancelled with the 48 SIM for porting reasons.

The eir one worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

fugee wrote: »
    Go with eir

I ordered 48 and eir. The order cancelled with the 48 SIM for porting reasons.

The eir one worked fine

Same here...48 was cancelled then worked with eir

• Advertisement

How long does it take for the eir sim to be delivered.
    Do I need to put any credit on the eir sim to allow it to be ported?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

How long does it take for the eir sim to be delivered.
    Do I need to put any credit on the eir sim to allow it to be ported?

I think mine took 4 days including the weekend. No need for any top-up

You just need to be able to put the SIM into a phone to receive a text message when signing up to Vodafone

is this offer over?

is this offer over?

Looks like it

Basil3 wrote: »
    Looks like it

Wonder is it still available in the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 QFA17

How long does delivery take? I've ordered one last Saturday, still haven't received any confirmation email

QFA17 wrote: »
    How long does delivery take? I've ordered one last Saturday, still haven't received any confirmation email

It might be cancelled...check with chat support with order number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Can someone post a link to the €23 unlock service. Cheapest I can seem to find on eBay is €40

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

I ordered the phone online on 28th May and it arrived today. (switching from eir Sim). There was no sign of the watch though. Did anyone successfully follow up and get the watch?

Best wishes
    JJ

Jacob55 wrote: »
    I ordered the phone online on 28th May and it arrived today. (switching from eir Sim). There was no sign of the watch though. Did anyone successfully follow up and get the watch?

Best wishes
    JJ

Watch shud come as bundled with phone in same package

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Best wishes
    JJ
    Offer finished at the end of May. Looks like your watch might have dispatched early June. I'd give them a call and see where you stand.

My phone arrived today without the watch.
    Texted Vodafone on Facebook and got a reply saying

"Hey,

Would you please tell me how did you come upon this offer? I checked our Huawei offers and can see that they are only applicable on the Huawei P40 Pro and the Huawei P30 Pro, not the lite one!

More details through the below link:

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html

Thanks,
    Jimmy"

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

"Hey,

Would you please tell me how did you come upon this offer? I checked our Huawei offers and can see that they are only applicable on the Huawei P40 Pro and the Huawei P30 Pro, not the lite one!

Thanks,
    Jimmy"
    Did you get a confirmation email when you ordered? it might mention the watch.

"Hey,

Thanks,
    Jimmy"

Dunno if it's any use to you, but I did take a screenshot of the offer to send to somebody else

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AojlfhwEL9QcgvU7Twhr-Ev3kv95Mg?e=FGQyWv

Thanks for the screenshot. There is also a video here: https://youtu.be/G5k2OKmhgnc

Online support has asked for a screenshot...

Does anyone have a screenshot of the Band 3 Pro Offer?

• Advertisement

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Did you get a confirmation email when you ordered? it might mention the watch.

No confirmation email to date.

Thanks for the screenshot. There is also a video here: https://youtu.be/G5k2OKmhgnc

Online support has asked for a screenshot...

Does anyone have a screenshot of the Band 3 Pro Offer?
    Thank you for the screenshot and video

Customer Service said to me

"Thank you! I checked all of our current and previous Huawei offers with Vodafone but unfortunately I was unable to find anything relating to the Huawei P30 Lite!

Thanks, "

Thank you for the screenshot and video

Customer Service said to me

"Thank you! I checked all of our current and previous Huawei offers with Vodafone but unfortunately I was unable to find anything relating to the Huawei P30 Lite!

Thanks, "

I also have a photo of the phone and band bundled together when it was delivered.....

Basil3 wrote: »
    I also have a photo of the phone and band bundled together when it was delivered.....

I will wait for the customer service representative's reply and see if the shared image and video rings a bell

I'm waiting for customer service to get back to me too. I will let ye know the outcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

It wouldn't be the first time Vodafone advertised something on their website that wasn't available in reality. Kudos to the poster with the screenshot.

peckerhead wrote: »
    It wouldn't be the first time Vodafone advertised something on their website that wasn't available in reality. Kudos to the poster with the screenshot.

Issue for them would be to source the band separately...these were bundles sold by Huawei themselves so best bet is to get refund of 40-50 euros from Voda for the band or return the phone and get refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Knockeen

Daughter 13 y o is looking for this phone. Is it worth waiting to see if it goes on offer again. It is €229now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

No confirmation email to date.

I never got a confirmation email, but phone and band arrived after 2/3 weeks.

• Advertisement

Issue for them would be to source the band separately...these were bundles sold by Huawei themselves so best bet is to get refund of 40-50 euros from Voda for the band or return the phone and get refund.

I asked them for a refund for the watch and got a reply saying

"Good morning!
    Unfortunately it wouldn't be applicable for this to go through. I've consulted with a member of the Pay-as-you-go team to look into this, the purchase date of the phone that reflects on the system would be the only way allowing you to claim the watch, it wouldn't be possible for us to arrange for this if the purchase date is out of the time-frame. Sorry about this again

Thanks, "

How thick are Vodafone to figure out my order was placed before 31st of May.

Advertisement