Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

lidl and aldi

• 30-09-2003 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

just moved up to the big smoke

can anyone tell me where the lidls and aldis are here? ive tried the phone book, the goldenpages theres no listing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

the big smoke is not as well endowed with them as the Midlands. On a per capita basis there are 3-4 times as many in the Midlands as in Dublin.

There is a Lidl in Blanchardstown (near Navan :) )

M

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Aldi
    Coolock
    Parnell Street
    http://www.aldi.co.uk/ie

Lidl
    Blanchardstown
    Finglas (I think)
    Lucan (under construction)
    Deansgrange (under construction)
    Maybe Swords too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Living in Dublin I had never heard of lidl until a few months ago in boards... I guess they're just not as popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

There is a LIDL in Coolock, in the retail Park opposite of Power City and the UCI Cinema.

Lidl and Aldi are only starting in Ireland. And be sure, that within a year they will be everywhere. The funny thing is, that you will always find a Lidl within 500 meters of where an Aldi is and the other way around.

I think in Germany they have 4000 Shops each, and similar will happen in the UK IRL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sorrento

There is a Lidl in Baldoyle too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by dsab
    And be sure, that within a year they will be everywhere.

Make that 3 years. The very mention of the word Lidl (they are much faster at rolling out) makes the entrenched interests squeal. Objections fly in, one and two year options are taken (bought that is) on sites to keep them out etc.etc.

I know of a Supervalue where the owner bought the only other site in town (both zoned retail and big enough for a decent car park) in order to keep Lidl away for the length of the county development plan...about 5 years. He paid somewhat over the odds for it as well I hear but has a local base for another 4 years before they loom on his horizon again.

:ninja: a Mr. Joyce has also spent much in defending his monopoly :ninja:

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Dunnes seem to have given up competing with the likes of Lidl and are going for the premium shoppers instead (some prices vary as much as €2 between themselves and Supervalu).

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

Lidl in Dublin

Coolock - Malahide Rd beside Woodies & PC Superstore
    Blanchardstown (2) - One in the Shopping Centre, the other in Huntstown
    Finglas - North Road between M50 and Finglas Village.
    Baldoyle - Racecourse SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

Originally posted by Samson
    Lidl
    Deansgrange (under construction)

There was a planning permission for one at the corner where the BOIreland is but I'm not sure they got the all clear...
    well 5 minutes ago the Bank was still there! :D

Raphael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

One opening in D 22 soon.
    Which one i dont know but its beside Argos in Liffey Valley.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement