Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restaurants open for takeaway in Waterford during Coronavirus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Shiki also open, really enjoyed it tonight, but I crave Johnny Walkers.

I think Walkers are back open,i passed earlier and the shutters on the door were up...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah saw that, I wonder was the close enforced ?

They have growlers out in superquinn but not sure what's the story with them and where do you get the beer for them ?

Just ask member of staff, they will pour.it's good, got them numerous times from there and world wide wines. Just so you know....Good deals on craft beer in many places, 5 metalman for 10, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,752 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Max Powers wrote: »
    Just ask member of staff, they will pour.it's good, got them numerous times from there and world wide wines. Just so you know....Good deals on craft beer in many places, 5 metalman for 10, for example.

Yeah the 4 for €10/€12 etc deals work out better value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Max Powers wrote: »

Just wondering where you've seen the MetalMan 5 for €10?

Also I've gotten the growlers before in Supervalu on the Tramore Road but I'm not sure if they're currently doing it with the lockdown, the board where they have the beer selections written up has been cleared. Could be wrong but I've been down there a number of times over the last few weeks and never saw much activity over by there where there would have been before. Be interesting to know for sure, but I just assumed given the blackboard being cleared meant they haven't any kegs in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Eddie Rocketts open again
    But with a limited menu

• Advertisement

Eddie Rocketts open again
    But with a limited menu

Thay have been open about 4 weeks now,most restaurants and chippers are open now bar Johnny Walkers who are the only chipper still closed for whatever reason and maybe one or two restaurants not open for collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Still craving fish from Johnnie Walkers.......

you always want what you cant have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That place must definitely have its money made if they can afford to close completely without offering any kind of takeway service at all. You can easily see the difference between those that are barely staying afloat to the well established ones.

Some crowds getting food from places today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

GrowHQ at Ardkeen UHW roundabout.

• Advertisement

Some crowds getting food from places today

Good to see businesses making the most of it and people getting on with their lives.

Good to see businesses making the most of it and people getting on with their lives.

yeah very true, getting to a stage now where we can no longer do all this and watch our European neighbours getting on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

yeah very true, getting to a stage now where we can no longer do all this and watch our European neighbours getting on with it

Dates of first cases:
    France 24 Jan
    Germany 27 Jan
    Italy 31 Jan
    Spain 31 Jan
    UK 31 Jan
    Belgium 4 Feb
    Greece 26 Feb
    Ireland 29 Feb

It makes sense that we would see other countries coming out of it before we do, some of them clearly too soon anyway.

Opening June 8th @4pm
    Hi Everyone, we hope you're keeping well and enjoyed the long weekend. We just wanted to provide a quick update on some changes you can expect when we reopen.

We will offer a click and collect service through Marvin.ie in an attempt to limit the time you spend in a queue.

We will have a designated section for pick ups - to the left hand side when you enter the shop

Graphic Image have provided a hand sanitation unit directly inside the front door and we would ask all customers to use this on entering and leaving the shop

Under social distancing guidelines the waiting area has the capacity to hold 4 customers in a queue and 2 customers at the click and collect point.

Should you visit the shop and feel there are any other measures or improvements we can implement please send us a message and we will respond accordingly.

We don't know about you but we've missed everybody and are excited to see you all when we reopen
    https://www.facebook.com/115035583528430/photos/a.115046370194018/141930357505619/?type=3&theater

Mcdonalds on the Cork Rd back open this morning,big queues already i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Mcdonalds on the Cork Rd back open this morning,big queues already i heard.

Yea friend of mine passed and said it’s crazy busy down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

That place must definitely have its money made if they can afford to close completely without offering any kind of takeway service at all. You can easily see the difference between those that are barely staying afloat to the well established ones.

Must be the oldest chipper in the town, is it?

Over 50yrs old they started in Bunmahon and moved into Mayors walk at some point i think

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Is there a song about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Makes me cringe looking at the long lines to McDonalds. I absolutely knew there would be a rush on McDonalds. I thought there was supposed to be some sort of traffic management plan.

• Advertisement

wait til the pubs open

social distancing or not they will be busy

Makes me cringe looking at the long lines to McDonalds. I absolutely knew there would be a rush on McDonalds. I thought there was supposed to be some sort of traffic management plan.

They have,cant queue from the Woodies side have to go up and queue from the Iceland side ,i passed earlier and it looks to be moving quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

how sad is your life if you are happy to sit in your car and queue to drive thru a McDonalds !?!?!

Idiots.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

greenspurs wrote: »
    how sad is your life if you are happy to sit in your car and queue to drive thru a McDonalds !?!?!

Idiots.

I wouldn't queue for myself, but the kids love it and I would do it for them as a treat. Nothing sad or idiotic about that.

However, I hear they're not doing milkshakes, so what's the point?

gscully wrote: »
    I wouldn't queue for myself, but the kids love it and I would do it for them as a treat. Nothing sad or idiotic about that.

However, I hear they're not doing milkshakes, so what's the point?

I understand that totally, but would anyone (even kids) Q for 30/60/90 mins in a car for the Happy meal ?
    I just think its crazy ….

If it was Burger King though ……… :D

I understand that totally, but would anyone (even kids) Q for 30/60/90 mins in a car for the Happy meal ?
    I just think its crazy ….

If it was Burger King though ……… :D

The set up they have and limited menu you wont be waiting anymore than 30 minutes,i went to woodies the day after they opened and i was standing outside for 30 mins ,how is waiting in your car for a Mcdonald's any different from standing outside woodies or tesco or supervalu?

The set up they have and limited menu you wont be waiting anymore than 30 minutes,i went to woodies the day after they opened and i was standing outside for 30 mins ,how is waiting in your car for a Mcdonald's any different from standing outside woodies or tesco or supervalu?

They are all stupid …….
    What is sooo urgent for your diy that you have to Q for it ? Emergency Paintwork???

Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

They are all stupid …….
    What is sooo urgent for your diy that you have to Q for it ? Emergency Paintwork???

Simple as that.

Queueing for 30 mins to get some paint while off work was a lovely break from the kids :D

They are all stupid …….

Simple as that.

So you're calling me stupid because i queued at a hardware shop?,and its none of your business what i was buying.

• Advertisement

So you're calling me stupid because i queued at a hardware shop?,and its none of your business what i was buying.

:rolleyes: says it all …….

Advertisement