Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Why?

Because they wanted to get away for the day.

Usually they go to the City Centre or Wilton but most places are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kilrush

anyone know of someplace in the city centre I would be able to pick up a face mask (covering)? I feel like I should be wearing one but tried to get one online and was let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

kilrush wrote: »
    anyone know of someplace in the city centre I would be able to pick up a face mask (covering)? I feel like I should be wearing one but tried to get one online and was let down.

Euro Giant had reusable masks for €2 each

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

kilrush wrote: »

Saturday Market on Coal Quay/Cornmarket Street has some, today.

I saw a box of 20 disposable masks for €15 in Dunnes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Be right back

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I wonder will they start to sell reusable ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Group of teens belting the heads off each other up in Mount Oval earlier this evening apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Group of teens belting the heads off each other up in Mount Oval earlier this evening apparently

I live near Mount Oval. The gangs up there constantly is awful. They'd be throwing stuff and saying things to people coming in and out of Spar or the pharmacy quite often.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Regular occurrence up there now unfortunately. It is a gathering point for teens from all over. The "lockdown" does indeed appear to be over for the last week. Gangs of teens everywhere all of a sudden. I see them every day pass my house also going god knows where. They only started appearing over the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭redape99

Was walking out of Garryduff Woods one evening last week on the Rochestown Inn side and encountered a group of about 25 teenagers walking into the woods, some on bikes... no attempt to distance between themselves or me and one or two other walkers ahead... deeply disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

What Dunnes was that Liz?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ludo wrote: »
    Regular occurrence up there now unfortunately. It is a gathering point for teens from all over. The "lockdown" does indeed appear to be over for the last week. Gangs of teens everywhere all of a sudden. I see them every day pass my house also going god knows where. They only started appearing over the last week.

At it in Mount oval since the council moved ppl in,let's not be shy about it,wAs a quiet areas a few years ago

fin12 wrote: »
    What Dunnes was that Liz?

Bishopstown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi. I live with people in the at-risk group. How dangerous is it to get 4 buses to and from work these days? I heard on the radio a few days ago that only 1% of passengers on buses & trains wore masks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi. I live with people in the at-risk group. How dangerous is it to get 4 buses to and from work these days? I heard on the radio a few days ago that only 1% of passengers on buses & trains wore masks.

not dangerous at all or else they wouldnt be going if you feel better wear a mask theres no one on them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Level 42 wrote: »
    not dangerous at all or else they wouldnt be going if you feel better wear a mask theres no one on them anyway

Except fo teenagers on the way to Mount Oval for a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Lot out on the Lough again tonight. One large group of foreigners playing soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

titan18 wrote: »
    Lot out on the Lough again tonight. One large group of foreigners playing soccer.

Possibly because they refuse to allow pedestrian access to a 140 acre park.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I dunno if any other of ye have heard the story but, apparently the workers at whatever meat plant is affected in Cork were dipping their heads in ice to juke the temperature testing at the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

I dunno if any other of ye have heard the story but, apparently the workers at whatever meat plant is affected in Cork were dipping their heads in ice to juke the temperature testing at the factory.

Hope this is a load of cobblers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭cantalach

titan18 wrote: »

Like the large groups of foreigners who gather in Bondi in their GAA county colour to go binge drinking and upsetting the locals?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

And taking paracetamol.
    That says more about the conditions of employment than anything.
    No work no pay, no sick scheme.

I hope the unions get all the workers together and put in a hefty claim against them. It’s not like the owners are struggling.

Where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

And taking paracetamol.
    That says more about the conditions of employment than anything.
    No work no pay, no sick scheme.

I hope the unions get all the workers together and put in a hefty claim against them. It’s not like the owners are struggling.

Not sure if you've heard but there's a thing called the Covid payment. €350pw paid by social welfare for anybody out of work, for any reason that's covid related.
    I've no clue if the statements above are true or not. If they are these people need a good kicking (and preferably deportation). Sounds harsh but their actions, if true could be seen as involuntary manslaughter. This virus they've knowingly been spreading will have people dying cos of their stupidity and greed.

cantalach wrote: »
    Like the large groups of foreigners who gather in Bondi in their GAA county colour to go binge drinking and upsetting the locals?

How does that have anything to do with coronavirus?

robinbird wrote: »
    Possibly because they refuse to allow pedestrian access to a 140 acre park.

Wouldn't matter what park they're in when you're in a group of 20 playing soccer tbf. It's still against all the advice. Looks worse in the Lough alright as it's smaller though.

I love how almost all of the criticisms of people's behaviour, includes some grouping to which the poster doesn't belong.

Foreigners, teen's, scumbags, travellers etc.

You know, people not like me;);)

from what I heard,a few pubs in the Northside were opened nightime recently, can't say this is categorically true but tbe guy who told me has nothing to gain by it, also said half the norrie hairdressers are fixing away, busy out
    I love how almost all of the criticisms of people's behaviour, includes some grouping to which the poster doesn't belong.

Foreigners, teen's, scumbags, travellers etc.

You know, people not like me;);)

Don't forget the Norrie's. She hates the Norries as well.

robinbird wrote: »
    Don't forget the Norrie's. She hates the Norries as well.

There's more than one person doing this.

• Advertisement

There's more than one person doing this.

Realise that. But the auld wan from Carrigaline is by far the most obnoxious and virulent on this thread.

Advertisement