Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Its the pinnacle of cr*p Christmas tunes!

The only positive I can take is that at least we will never have to have a 'Worst Christmas Song' poll :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    The only positive I can take is that at least we will never have to have a 'Worst Christmas Song' poll :)

Unless..... :pac: :p

Loughc wrote: »
    Unless..... :pac: :p

Isn't one can of worms a week enough :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

There are plenty of songs I hear on Christmas FM that I just don't like or have grown tired of over the years. There are others I do like. At the moment, I quite like Christmas Shoes. It wouldn't figure in my top 30 favourite Christmas songs, but it certainly is much better than many others that I have heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭dubstepper

At the moment, I quite like Christmas Shoes.

If someone said this to me, I would conclude that there is no possibility we could ever be friends :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The grand total fundraising figure is set to be released this Tuesday. Today is the final day to donate if you haven’t already done so :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Excellent. Hope they've done well. :)

Posy wrote: »
    Excellent. Hope they've done well. :)

I’ve a feeling they’ve done really well if donation day is anything to go by and my insistent texting :P

Hope that personal loan application is coming along nicely! :pac:

https://twitter.com/keithshanley/status/1217096251767914496?s=21

ChristmasFm raised €412,021 for Barrettstown. Unbelievable amount for just over 30 days. Well done Christmas FM.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/keithshanley/status/1217096251767914496?s=21

ChristmasFm raised €412,021 for Barrettstown. Unbelievable amount for just over 30 days. Well done Christmas FM.

Brilliant, well done and to everyone who donated. Listening to some of the stories made me realise the amazing work that Barretstown do.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Brilliant, well done and to everyone who donated. Listening to some of the stories made me realise the amazing work that Barretstown do.

And that’s the other half of the wonderful work ChristmasFM do is they raise awareness of their wonderful charity partners.

Awareness is a powerful tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Is that the second highest total ever? IIRC last years was a bit higher.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Is that the second highest total ever? IIRC last years was a bit higher.

Nope it's actually the highest by €8k!

2008: ISPCC. – €35.000

2009: Simon – €70,000

2010: Barnardos – €86,000

2011: Focus – €117,000

2012: ISPCC – €100,000

2013: Aware – €85,000

2014: Age Action – €107,000

2015: Make A Wish – €278,000

2016: Focus Ireland – €365,000

2017: Sightsavers – €214,000

2018: Temple Street Hospital- €404,551

Just sayin'. :pac:

When I was on the ChristmasFM site I notice this.
    Charity Applications Process 2020.

In 2019 we had more than one extremely strong proposal, so much so that our committee felt they were equal in merit. On that basis we decided to work with these charities, one in 2019 and the others in 2020 and 2021. However, should anything change with this for any reason over the coming weeks or months, we will update this page.

We will revisit the application process again in February 2022.

Interesting that the charity partner for 2020 & 2021 has already been decided on!

Nope it's actually the highest by €8k!

Ah, had it in my head last years was 440k. So an even greater achievement than I thought. Brilliant work all round!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I'd love them to pick an animal charity, but they probably won't.

Would love the DSPCA myself.

I have no idea why but I have a feeling an animal charity could be coming up one of the years.

I really hope so!

Huge jump in amounts raised from 2014 to 2015! Guess as things started to pick up in the economy so did peoples disposable income.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

If my post seems out of place above, it should be as I thought I was typing in the main thread, apologies.

I moved it over for ya. :)

Looks like ChristmasFM will be on our airwaves (well online anyway) as valentinesFM. Cheesy love ballads? Oh yes!

Looks like ChristmasFM will be on our airwaves (well online anyway) as valentinesFM. Cheesy love ballads? Oh yes!

Doesnt Q102 already do that? LOL.

Doesnt Q102 already do that? LOL.

Yep. I hate that station haha.

Kissmas FM is coming :)

Happy KISSmas! It's a takeover of Christmas FM as we kick off Ireland's Valentines station KISSmas FM from 7am tomorrow. You can listen through all our ONLINE platforms - on your phone, our app, our website, on your smart speaker ("play Christmas FM Ireland") on wifi radios, smart TV and on tunein.

I actually love it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I actually love it haha.

Is this only for a short time, a week or so and then back to the Christmas tunes:confused:

Or Easter FM then Summer FM:)

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Is this only for a short time, a week or so and then back to the Christmas tunes:confused:

Yeah just for a week. SummerFM is a great idea! Wasn’t a fan of HalloweenFM then again I’m not really a fan of Halloween.

• Advertisement

PaulT21 wrote: »

Maybe PaddyFM for paddy’s Day?

Advertisement