Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Few pics taken on a proper camera. I may be biased but I think this is the best colour on an R.
    8f1c14af135398e37fb5f2ef318cd0fb.jpg
    5d196e026d30230ba94a900d6cd06fbe.jpg
    c07157ec8d6bfc7e6f2adbbe190c2457.jpg
    e665ad135d4b69416c029034326ae174.jpg
    d8d711afc75e9f7a35466957a0ce4243.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I like it but the blue really does it for me but saying that I wouldn't say no at all for the chance of an R they're a beaut

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I like it but the blue really does it for me but saying that I wouldn't say no at all for the chance of an R they're a beaut

Yeah same, the blue is the nicest I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

They look great in both colours IMO. I'd prefer the grey though partly because I think it looks nicer, but also because it's a bit less common and everyone seems to buy them in blue, so I like the idea of something a little different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭hooch-85

They look great in both colours IMO. I'd prefer the grey though partly because I think it looks nicer, but also because it's a bit less common and everyone seems to buy them in blue, so I like the idea of something a little different.

My thoughts exactly. I had a blue Fiesta ST so opted for the grey on the R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

350000km

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

Back when I could keep the cupra clean for longer than a day...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

My ford galaxy is that colour. Fml as the kid would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

Did someone say Blue R!?

Just a couple of pics with new phone and just fresh from service and inspection.
    Didn't take long for dirt to get a hold though :(

TRUnA8K.jpg
    DVQoKIy.jpg

Drooollll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That’s lovely!! I’m one of those weird people who just don’t like Golfs or Volkswagens much at all, had a go in a Golf R last year and absolutely loved it and now have an appreciation for them. Best colour, the other broadside who has that grey colour is also a savage looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

#thelittlegolfthatcould :D

My R (which is for sale)

car13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

OSI wrote: »
    Already?

Yup I would like to spend some money on the house so no point having it tied up in a car - there will be other cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I only copped that it was 3 door now. Good luck with the sale.

I'm in the wrong job..... Ugh... Would love something nice....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I'm in the wrong job..... Ugh... Would love something nice....

He'll do a good deal!!!

He'll do a good deal!!!

Oh if I had the mulla... House only got, just need her to actually contribute and then might be getting somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Oh if I had the mulla... House only got, just need her to actually contribute and then might be getting somewhere...

Sounds familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Not strictly my cars but I have had some nice rentals so far this year.

Audi A6 Avant Quattro 40 TDI. Had this in Italy last week and absolutely fell in love with it. It was incredibly comfortable on the motorway and then came into its own in the twisty, icy mountain passes. Took it for a fairly spirited drive late one night across a mountain pass between two resorts and even a big hulking estate with a diesel engine left me with a smile. I'd never driven a quattro model before, every Audi I've driven prior to this had left me very cold but this thing is excellent. Tech is fantastic with 2x touch screens, handwriting recognition and all very easy to use. Have added one of these to my daily driver wish list. :)

503996.jpg503995.jpg

Ford Mustang EcoBoost Go Faster Stripes. Rented this for 24 hours in Miami simply to have a go in one and see a bit of the city outside of the tourist areas. Got it on Turo for about $80. I was sorely tempted to get a Z06 but had two colleagues so will leave it to the next trip. Full Fat (5.0GT) Mustangs were thin on the ground without adding a lot of cost so settled for cheap thrills with the EcoBoost. Plenty of power (310BHP) even if the soundtrack wasn't great. Interior is pretty cheap feeling but the various driving settings (Drag Strip, Track, Sport+ etc.) were fun to play with and it was very easy to let the back step out. Fun experience but don't think I'd spend my own money on one.

503997.jpg503998.jpg503999.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] Had this in Italy last week ...]

Cough, cough... ;)

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    Cough, cough... ;)

I'm wfh now for two weeks, where do you think I'm getting the time to post these?!!! :D

BMW 320D MSport Chris Harris (I think) did a video on his channel a few years ago asking if a 320D was "enough" for anyone. This car, in this spec makes a very good argument. Had it for 72 hours in the UK in crappy weather and it was a lovely place to sit and spend time. The tech available to the driver is fantastic and for devouring motorways it was great. Absolute favorite innovation in this was the windscreen washer jets being integrated into the wipers!! :D:D
    504001.jpg504002.jpg

BMW 420D Convertible This had all of the older technology on board and the contrast was stark. A convertible with a diesel engine is all sorts of wrong though, no one will ever convince me otherwise. :o
    504003.jpg

Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 Diesel Looks great on the outside and it's comfortable inside but the engine was gutless and the infotainment system was rubbish. Grand but I'd probably take the alternative 5Series on offer next time.
    504004.jpg504005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

had two colleagues so will leave it to the next trip.

Hot Chick

Where do you work....looks to be plenty of eye candy around the place.

Where do you work....looks to be plenty of eye candy around the place.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Natural habitat.

tHd8cIH.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How long does it take to charge?

Pretty quick, about 3.5 minutes from empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭passatman86

Pretty quick, about 3.5 minutes from empty.

Is the road tax still the original fee

Unfortunately. :(

Funny enough that's the only garage I know of with working trigger locks. Why they get my business every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Unfortunately. :(

Funny enough that's the only garage I know of with working trigger locks. Why they get my business every time.

Reported.

Joking but he is running a risk if someone does report him for having them.

Advertisement