Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Newhomehunter1

Qwert6 wrote: »
    We were told we had to send the contracts back to matheson by Friday. We still haven't signed yet. Waiting to hear about dates. Have you heard about dates? We are also still skeptical about signing given the clause re deposit.

We have signed the contracts. No dates yet provided by savills when we asked today

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Qwert6

We have signed the contracts. No dates yet provided by savills when we asked today

We still haven't signed yet and no word on dates. Not sure what's going on now. Assume you didn't get any budge on the loan clause? That is why we are apprehensive to send anything back yet with no info

Qwert6 wrote: »
    We still haven't signed yet and no word on dates. Not sure what's going on now. Assume you didn't get any budge on the loan clause? That is why we are apprehensive to send anything back yet with no info

No change to the loan clause as told by our solicitor. Few old buyers also mentioned that it doesn't change in older posts.

Snagging dates tentative are end june first week of july. But no confirmed dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 twoeyes

Snagging dates tentative are end june first week of july. But no confirmed dates.
    Do you mind sharing what was the original snagging date for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 seb123321

MaudL wrote: »
    It's going up very fast!

Any idea of the prices yet? Or is it too early to get information?

Hi, would you mind letting me know roughly what number you’re in? Even a range would be great. We’re quite high between 60-70 and I’m just trying to gauge how much longer after you we’d be. Thanks so much. Feel free to DM if you prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hershel95

seb123321 wrote: »
    Hi, would you mind letting me know roughly what number you’re in? Even a range would be great. We’re quite high between 60-70 and I’m just trying to gauge how much longer after you we’d be. Thanks so much. Feel free to DM if you prefer

I might have missed something but have houses / apartments launched recently? I had previously thought houses were only launching later the year (as opposed to between now to summer time)

twoeyes wrote: »
    Do you mind sharing what was the original snagging date for you?

Dec20-jan21

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kooreczka

EUR 1966 per annum

We do hear noise when any machine like a vaccum cleaner is being used. Nothing otherwise.

€1966 for 2 bed apartment or 1 bed? I thought 1 bed would have lower management fee? Is the management company bothering you about balconies and what's on them and in general are they problematic or easy to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭C14N

Does anyone have any idea of how stiff competition will be for these on the next round based on previous experiences? I registered interest a while back just to find out a bit more and around a month ago I got a call back from a Savilles agent about it. To my surprise she said that they expect to have some terraced houses (presumably in The Fern) coming in at just under €500k, which would make them eligible for the Help to Buy scheme, which shot my interest up massively as I haven't seen a single other house in south Dublin that would let us have that.

Before this one, we had resigned ourselves to just not getting HTB, but now I'm really wanting to believe we could get this. But at the same time I've no idea of whether that's really possible or just a pipe dream. I imagine many people are in the same boat, and I don't know how many houses will actually be going for that price. We have our deposit already and are getting our approval from two different banks so that should be fine, but again, that's probably true for most people. What kind of criteria do they use to decide who gets the house? Is it just based on the priority of who registered interest first?

I just kind of worry we could end up waiting for these and ignoring other houses for months (sincew I don't even know when the process will begin, all we could get was "in summer"), only to find out that we were never even really close to getting one in the first place.

• Advertisement

Hello everyone is there a clayfarm residents WhatsApp group???

I need some basic numbers for the site foreman or plumber or flooring guys etc. If anybody can help please.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 decorfali9

C14N wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea of how stiff competition will be for these on the next round based on previous experiences? I registered interest a while back just to find out a bit more and around a month ago I got a call back from a Savilles agent about it. To my surprise she said that they expect to have some terraced houses (presumably in The Fern) coming in at just under €500k, which would make them eligible for the Help to Buy scheme, which shot my interest up massively as I haven't seen a single other house in south Dublin that would let us have that.

Before this one, we had resigned ourselves to just not getting HTB, but now I'm really wanting to believe we could get this. But at the same time I've no idea of whether that's really possible or just a pipe dream. I imagine many people are in the same boat, and I don't know how many houses will actually be going for that price. We have our deposit already and are getting our approval from two different banks so that should be fine, but again, that's probably true for most people. What kind of criteria do they use to decide who gets the house? Is it just based on the priority of who registered interest first?

I just kind of worry we could end up waiting for these and ignoring other houses for months (sincew I don't even know when the process will begin, all we could get was "in summer"), only to find out that we were never even really close to getting one in the first place.

They will certainly have a small number mid-terrace Ferns under 500K. The last release priced these at 490K. I believe the Elders (semi-d) were also priced the same. We're talking a very small amount, like 8 to 10 on a release of ~35 and they'll fly the same day that the become available.

decorfali9 wrote: »
    They will certainly have a small number mid-terrace Ferns under 500K. The last release priced these at 490K. I believe the Elders (semi-d) were also priced the same. We're talking a very small amount, like 8 to 10 on a release of ~35 and they'll fly the same day that the become available.

What's the usual procedure for how these things go? I was told on the phone that an email will be sent out to everyone on the mailing list to allow bookings for viewings at some point in summer, but if they're going to go the same day they become available does that mean you generally need to go sale agreed the same day? How would that work?

From her original email, it appears the next round will actually only have 4 terraced houses coming available (all Fern). Lets say 50 people want to buy the same day they come up, how is it decided who gets to actually buy it?

What's the usual procedure for how these things go? I was told on the phone that an email will be sent out to everyone on the mailing list to allow bookings for viewings at some point in summer, but if they're going to go the same day they become available does that mean you generally need to go sale agreed the same day? How would that work?

From her original email, it appears the next round will actually only have 4 terraced houses coming available (all Fern). Lets say 50 people want to buy the same day they come up, how is it decided who gets to actually buy it?

If you read a couple of pages back I explained the process to someone else. But basically, is how you described. Unfortunately, the answer to your question is that basically the Estate Agent decides the order in which appointments are given on the day of the launch. In practice, given the huge demand, this basically means that if you've number 20+ in the queue and you're looking to buy one of 5 mid-terrace Ferns that they'll launch you better hope that demand for the 4 beds is strong or else they'll be gone by the time you get in yourself.

You can't really do anything about how they manage the appointments. But what you can do is go to the viewing with your ducks in order, your draft and a clear idea of what you're looking for to make a decision on the spot.

If you read a couple of pages back I explained the process to someone else. But basically, is how you described. Unfortunately, the answer to your question is that basically the Estate Agent decides the order in which appointments are given on the day of the launch. In practice, given the huge demand, this basically means that if you've number 20+ in the queue and you're looking to buy one of 5 mid-terrace Ferns that they'll launch you better hope that demand for the 4 beds is strong or else they'll be gone by the time you get in yourself.

You can't really do anything about how they manage the appointments. But what you can do is go to the viewing with your ducks in order, your draft and a clear idea of what you're looking for to make a decision on the spot.

Ok, sounds like it really could be tough. We do have everything in order at this point at least, but I'm worried it won't make a difference if we're far down the queue. Is there any way to even know what number you are in the queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Ok, sounds like it really could be tough. We do have everything in order at this point at least, but I'm worried it won't make a difference if we're far down the queue. Is there any way to even know what number you are in the queue?

Now, I should preface this by saying I bought under the old "queue up at midnight and hope for the best" method, but from what I understand of the present system there is no particular queue at present - just a long list of interested people who will all get an email some time during the summer saying "houses are going on sale this week. Pay close attention to your inbox as you will receive an email in the coming days letting you know when our online system for booking a viewing goes live".

So then it's just a waiting game, waiting for the email. Once the email is in, you have to email Savills back straight away requesting a viewing, and they will appoint viewing times in order of the emails as they come in to their inbox.

It seems as good a system as any, though obviously you might miss the email, or your wifi might be slow that day, or whatever.

I'm not saying for a moment that Savills would organise viewings in any way other than the order in which they receive reply emails, but it does mean that an awful lot of the control on who gets a house lies in their hands. It'd be no harm to stay in contact with the Savills agent - though it's a fine balance between staying in contact and harrassing them! - and they might at least give you a heads up on when the email might go out.

If I were you, I would take that day/those days off work. The email is only going to come into your inbox between 9am and 6pm, but I would be basically staring at the screen with your request to book a viewing ready typed and copied so that you can just open the Savills email, click reply, paste your request and press send.

As for looking at houses in the meantime, I'd be bidding away and holding off on signing contracts as long as possible. "Summer" I will assume means July/August, and it's unlikely you're going to find another home, bid on it, win it, and sign contracts within that timeframe. And if it's another new house you are going for, well I'd put the booking deposit down - which is refundable - and hold off on signing contracts until the Clay Farm houses go on sale.

Depending on how soon you're looking into buying there will be hundreds of properties that will be built in Clay Farm, so even if you don't make it the first time you may at a later stage.

They give appointments in slots of 15min starting at a certain date/time, so you'll know how far down the queue you are if you get yours. I say 'if' because if you do your math there's only so many people they'll be able to fit in the 2 or 3 days they'll arrange for each launch. As the poster above pointed out you need to watch your email inbox like a hawk for the email they send to get people to register for the launch.

JDD wrote: »
    If I were you, I would take that day/those days off work. The email is only going to come into your inbox between 9am and 6pm, but I would be basically staring at the screen with your request to book a viewing ready typed and copied so that you can just open the Savills email, click reply, paste your request and press send.

As for looking at houses in the meantime, I'd be bidding away and holding off on signing contracts as long as possible. "Summer" I will assume means July/August, and it's unlikely you're going to find another home, bid on it, win it, and sign contracts within that timeframe. And if it's another new house you are going for, well I'd put the booking deposit down - which is refundable - and hold off on signing contracts until the Clay Farm houses go on sale.

I do work from home at the moment which is helpful, so thankfully I'm generally already seeing emails on my phone pretty much as soon as I get them. I'd be fairly confident that I would be quick on the mark once they do go out.

As for other ones, we haven't really moved much on it yet, but the one place we did see, the agent said they were doing viewings next week and planning to go sale agreed by Tuesday. Obviously they could be just putting some pressure on, but even so, we were worried that our mortgage application wouldn't even be finalised by that point. Most likely anything else we look at would not be a new build so it would be available a good bit quicker than any of these.
    Depending on how soon you're looking into buying there will be hundreds of properties that will be built in Clay Farm, so even if you don't make it the first time you may at a later stage.

They give appointments in slots of 15min starting at a certain date/time, so you'll know how far down the queue you are if you get yours. I say 'if' because if you do your math there's only so many people they'll be able to fit in the 2 or 3 days they'll arrange for each launch. As the poster above pointed out you need to watch your email inbox like a hawk for the email they send to get people to register for the launch.

True, but the HTB is a major motivator with this one, and it may no longer be in place next year.

Out of curiosity, are you moved in already? Do you know what the situation is like there for visitor parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 c00114110

Hi C14N, I hope you can get your dream house. And hope everyone get their dream house.

I know 500K and HTB are very attractive. But nothing is perfect. If print Phase1 map and map out the price (which can get from https://propertypriceregisterireland.com/), here are a few things you may need to think about:
    1. there are very limit number of 500K house available, so you may not got them.
    2. The house normally doesn't have good direction to sun.
    3. The house normally near to social house.

It maybe doesn't matter to you, but you are better to concern them rather than surprise later.

I do work from home at the moment which is helpful, so thankfully I'm generally already seeing emails on my phone pretty much as soon as I get them. I'd be fairly confident that I would be quick on the mark once they do go out.

As for other ones, we haven't really moved much on it yet, but the one place we did see, the agent said they were doing viewings next week and planning to go sale agreed by Tuesday. Obviously they could be just putting some pressure on, but even so, we were worried that our mortgage application wouldn't even be finalised by that point. Most likely anything else we look at would not be a new build so it would be available a good bit quicker than any of these.

True, but the HTB is a major motivator with this one, and it may no longer be in place next year.

Out of curiosity, are you moved in already? Do you know what the situation is like there for visitor parking?

Not moved in yet. As with a number of us writing lately we're waiting for construction to pick up after being closed for months.

Parking for the houses isn't a big problem. There isn't a lot of visitor parking that I know of but every house comes with 2 driveway spots.

• Advertisement

Not moved in yet. As with a number of us writing lately we're waiting for construction to pick up after being closed for months.

Parking for the houses isn't a big problem. There isn't a lot of visitor parking that I know of but every house comes with 2 driveway spots.

Visitor parking on the phase 1 side isn't great, especially if you have two cars. What we have found is that we got to know our neighbours pretty quickly and if we were going to have 3/4 households over we'd just text to see if we could use their extra space (if they only have one car). If worst came to worst, someone would just park over in Glencairn or at Dunnes shopping centre car park and walk over - that only happened at the start though when we didn't know anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Are you sure every house comes with two spaces? A friend of mine is due to move into his house later in the year and he mentioned only having one parking space

Are you sure every house comes with two spaces? A friend of mine is due to move into his house later in the year and he mentioned only having one parking space

Yes, I am sure for my unit. Worth noting that the Elders have the parking to the side and not the front the property and their case some have only 1 space and some have 2 but one car would be sandwitched in between your own garden fence and your 2nd space.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

c00114110 wrote: »
    Hi C14N, I hope you can get your dream house. And hope everyone get their dream house.

I know 500K and HTB are very attractive. But nothing is perfect. If print Phase1 map and map out the price (which can get from https://propertypriceregisterireland.com/), here are a few things you may need to think about:
    1. there are very limit number of 500K house available, so you may not got them.
    2. The house normally doesn't have good direction to sun.
    3. The house normally near to social house.

It maybe doesn't matter to you, but you are better to concern them rather than surprise later.

Every house in Clay Farm is near a social house. I wouldnt let that influence you.

Also there is a large council estate right across the road.

If thats a concern Clay Farm isnt right at all for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 c00114110

Every house in Clay Farm is near a social house. I wouldnt let that influence you.

Also there is a large council estate right across the road.

If thats a concern Clay Farm isnt right at all for you.

You are right, most new estates have social house. But neighbour, couple house away and across road are materially different. You can find lots of places in Dublin, similar house, similar condition just separate by a road, has 30, 40k different.

I didn't criticise social house in Clay Farm at all. just want to highlight there. And want people know this thing, and want them accept before they make decision rather than surprise after got the house.

c00114110 wrote: »
    You are right, most new estates have social house. But neighbour, couple house away and across road are materially different. You can find lots of places in Dublin, similar house, similar condition just separate by a road, has 30, 40k different.

I didn't criticise social house in Clay Farm at all. just want to highlight there. And want people know this thing, and want them accept before they make decision rather than surprise after got the house.

I think that's fair enough. I think you could be lucky or unlucky with social housing. There hasn't been any complaints really from the house owners down near the social housing blocks in Phase 1 - as far as I can tell from the facebook group - apart from from people parking in other people's spare space (the Elders and some Ferns have one space out front, and then a second space around the corner which sometimes looks like it's a visitor space).

As for a house with only one parking space - I haven't heard that at all. All the houses in Phase 1 had two spaces allocated, and I think nearly all the apartments have one space, so unless it's a new thing with Phase 2?

Hello everyone is there a clayfarm residents WhatsApp group??? I tried the Facebook group but not getting added.

I need some basic numbers for the site foreman or plumber or flooring guys etc. If anybody can help please.

Hi Newhomebuyer

There's no WhatsApp group as far as I know. There is a "Clay Farm Residents" group which I think is open to any home buyers or renters. You'll probably get the details you need from that group. I'm afraid I don't have the numbers for the foreman or plumber, so can't DM them to you. We used the Flooring Mill for our floors.

There's also a Clay Farm-ers Facebook group, but that's a closed group just for the Phase 1 house buyers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Digiteer, do not post in this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 EamonnW09

With construction back open a few weeks now. Has anyone heard any news on the next launch?

Advertisement