Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Yes also appointable since March, hoping we maybe get a call in a few weeks time for a July course? Anyone know how many are been put onto a course?
    Obviously those of you left who are currently appointable, we would all like to see you get the call ASAP, but also be aware that if the merit list is generated in the next few weeks, those in FT2 are going for medicals soon, so that could perhaps have an impact on who gets calls and when, if ML order is used then rather than appointable order. I also don’t think they take a group in July..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FairCop

That makes me think then that the calls are going by appointment date. The folk who got the call were all appointable pre march from what I've gathered. I reckon we will be the next batch to get called hopefully.

I was supposed to have my medical at the end of January but it got moved to March because of covid restrictions. Oh well, just have to be patient for the time being.

The only thing that concerns me about this is that if the ACs are completed in the very near future and the ML listed handed over that they will commence appointments from it instead...

Which could potentially put us back further. But maybe over thinking here!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

Obviously those of you left who are currently appointable, we would all like to see you get the call ASAP, but also be aware that if the merit list is generated in the next few weeks, those in FT2 are going for medicals soon, so that could perhaps have an impact on who gets calls and when, if ML order is used then rather than appointable order. I also don’t think they take a group in July..

Every time I come on this board, I am filled with both joy and despair.
    I think I need to leave it for a week and see what happens lol...

I might cry tears of joy if I get the call lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Every time I come on this board, I am filled with both joy and despair.
    I think I need to leave it for a week and see what happens lol...

I might cry tears of joy if I get the call lmao.

This board is really useful at times but also really stressful because an awful lot of stuff that gets posted, and I absolutely include myself in this, is speculative and ambiguous - it's the nature of the beast unfortunately. A little time away might be good for your stress levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

MrChew wrote: »
    With regards to July, I don't think there was a July intake last year but there have been in previous years so who knows what might happen.

There was a July course last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

johnboy76 wrote: »
    There was a July course last year.

Well there ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tedhastings13

Can anyone tell me are they taking less people in the merit list this year than usual? My brother was told he didn't get through but hasn't received any of his results etc

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

Can anyone tell me are they taking less people in the merit list this year than usual? My brother was told he didn't get through but hasn't received any of his results etc

How was he told?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

I assume you mean the email telling us if we were successful or not in the absence of a ML and completed AC. Not sure about them taking less on the ML though. No one will receive feedback/ML result until the AC has been completed in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

Anyone have a phone number for recruitment? Considering calling for smt results since been a month almost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Paulo345 wrote: »
    Anyone have a phone number for recruitment? Considering calling for smt results since been a month almost

101 ask for recruitment.

Spoke to recruitment today. There was a interim merit list made for the people who got the call because they were the top performing candidates. They and people from the last recruitment were contacted.

GV are deciding between a June class AND a July class or possibly just the one class. Recruitment will call candidates 6 weeks before their start date. This could mean a call for some of us in May or June, maybe even at the end of this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CMAG90

Vetting finally through ... relieved is an understatement. Not saying its coincidence, but after seen a post previously about not recieving the email, i rang vetting yesterday to check on the progress of mine. They told me it was still pending and then i got the clearing email today... medical and SMT remaining. Hoped id have a date for medical as i passed PCA 2 weeks ago... hopefully hear soon. Well done to all who got the call btw... make sure to keep us posted on what to expect throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

CMAG90 wrote: »
    Vetting finally through ... relieved is an understatement. Not saying its coincidence, but after seen a post previously about not recieving the email, i rang vetting yesterday to check on the progress of mine. They told me it was still pending and then i got the clearing email today... medical and SMT remaining. Hoped id have a date for medical as i passed PCA 2 weeks ago... hopefully hear soon. Well done to all who got the call btw... make sure to keep us posted on what to expect throughout

How long were you waiting for your vetting to clear? I’m considering doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kirks22

Is it correct that you have to complete to pca within 4mins 30 seconds? Psni website stating 3mins 54 seconds and now I’m questioning if I was dreaming...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Kirks22 wrote: »
    Is it correct that you have to complete to pca within 4mins 30 seconds? Psni website stating 3mins 54 seconds and now I’m questioning if I was dreaming...

Yes 4mins 30. 3mins 54 is the old time

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

I think they've just updated the website to include police staff roles and an old version of the websites been used, just forgot to update it

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

For all us non FT- email from deloitte has said they will not resume ACs until the restrictions let them continue- the wait goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

I havent received any email update. I don't see how the assessments cannot be run in some form, my force has continued recruitment throughout. It is strange that the report in to the 2020 recruitment has already been released despite it not being completed. It also listed the location for the remaining assessments which is pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

Do people anticipate that there will be an intake each month for a while now given they have access to funding?

• Advertisement

CoAntrim24 wrote: »
    Do people anticipate that there will be an intake each month for a while now given they have access to funding?

There is going to be intakes in both June and July OR just one intake in June / July according to recruitment. They are waiting on GV staff to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

There is going to be intakes in both June and July OR just one intake in June / July according to recruitment. They are waiting on GV staff to decide.

Hey mate, thanks for the response.. how did you find that out?

I havent received any email update. I don't see how the assessments cannot be run in some form, my force has continued recruitment throughout. It is strange that the report in to the 2020 recruitment has already been released despite it not being completed. It also listed the location for the remaining assessments which is pretty poor.
    It has been very strange the ways it's been carried out

CoAntrim24 wrote: »
    Hey mate, thanks for the response.. how did you find that out?

I contacted recruitment last week via email and they called me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

Did any other non FT get the email about the remaining assessments. I never received anything, even checked spam.

Did any other non FT get the email about the remaining assessments. I never received anything, even checked spam.

I had emailed asking about the outstanding ACs I just explained the response on here

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Took 2/3 weeks for my smt test to come back and that was non-covid times.

Guys a bit off topic but just wanted to get other potential recruits opinions- I just saw on BBC NI that a part-time constable was targeted with bombs outside of Dungiven in the past few days...how does this sort of news make you feel? Sad? Angry? Nervous? More eager to join and stop this sort of stuff? I guess it makes me feel a mixed bag of emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Guys a bit off topic but just wanted to get other potential recruits opinions- I just saw on BBC NI that a part-time constable was targeted with bombs outside of Dungiven in the past few days...how does this sort of news make you feel? Sad? Angry? Nervous? More eager to join and stop this sort of stuff? I guess it makes me feel a mixed bag of emotions.
    Like you said mate, I’d say most people (myself included) would feel a mix of all those emotions over something so regressive and futile! However, it also doesn’t put me off in the slightest. I’ve never been more determined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

The year is 2095 and Deloitte have finally confirmed the remaining ACs have been complete for the 2020 recruitment...

Anyone else starting to become very impatient?

Advertisement