Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Running boards/side boards on SUV?

• 16-04-2021 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Has anyone on here had running boards put on a vw tiguan allspace?
    I know they are expensive but I want to know are they useful for reaching a roof box or do they even look nice,I am trying to decide if I like them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think especially if you have an R Line, the steps would make it look very busy?
    The genuine ones are probably the best looking but at €700 plus fitting they’d want to be.

Not sure how usable or practical they really are but I’m sure your dealer has fitted them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think especially if you have an R Line, the steps would make it look very busy?
    The genuine ones are probably the best looking but at €700 plus fitting they’d want to be.

Not sure how usable or practical they really are but I’m sure your dealer has fitted them before.

Its the high line so not quite as busy as the r line and approximately €950 inc fitting and yes I just hope I'm making the right decision

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you're not very tall then yeah it will help with a board.

This is a stupid ad but it shows the board being used

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

colm_mcm wrote: »

Handy if you're in the Secret Service, and the President is in the car in a built up area, but IMHO apart from that they look stupid. Each to his own.

Advertisement