Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank of Ireland Credit Card Care

• 08-04-2021 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    Up until 31 March BOI operated a Credit Card Customer Care online support. Consumers were able to securely logon and see all Transactions re their credit card. This included REAL TIME Transactions which were awaiting processing

However, I understand that platform has been removed and has moved over to the Boi mobile app.

However, this only shows processed credit card Transactions and not pended ones. If I made a payment over the phone 30 mins ago, under the old system I would be able to view this as pended awaiting processing

Now it seems I can only view processed ones on the app

Removing the old way is a step backwards

Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Dbtoomey,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

There are some differences between the services that are offered. Some Card care services including: Make a payment with a non BOI card and View real time Balance and Transactions including Pending Transactions are not available through the Mobile App and 365 Online. 

Just to mention, we will be further enhancing the servicing capability of the Mobile App and Online throughout 2021.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dbtoomey

Hi Dbtoomey,

There are some differences between the services that are offered. Some Card care services including: Make a payment with a non BOI card and View real time Balance and Transactions including Pending Transactions are not available through the Mobile App and 365 Online. 

Just to mention, we will be further enhancing the servicing capability of the Mobile App and Online throughout 2021.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara
    Therefore, are you confirming that real-time credit card services are not currently available anywhere?? Are there plans to reintroduce it elsewhere in the future.

You are going backwards as opposed to adcancing. It was very useful to see CC Transactions in real time and not have to wait 3 or more days for your account to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

You also cannot pay off your credit card (if that's all you have with BOI) from a non-BOI account. I set up Cardcard about 4 months ago, no one advised me then that it was being discontinued

Dbtoomey wrote: »
    Hi Tara
    Therefore, are you confirming that real-time credit card services are not currently available anywhere?? Are there plans to reintroduce it elsewhere in the future.

You are going backwards as opposed to adcancing. It was very useful to see CC Transactions in real time and not have to wait 3 or more days for your account to update.
    Hi Dbtoomey,

The option to view pending payments and real-time balance on a credit card is not currently available. We will certainly let customers know if this becomes available in the future and we will pass on your feedback about this. 

Thanks
    Tara 

The_Dave wrote: »
    You also cannot pay off your credit card (if that's all you have with BOI) from a non-BOI account. I set up Cardcard about 4 months ago, no one advised me then that it was being discontinued
    Hi The_Dave,

Thanks for your post. From January 2021 notifications were issued to all credit card customers to let them know Card Care would not be available after March 31st. Notifications were sent by email and letter and included the text below to explain why this was happening. 

This change is due to the introduction of a new layer of security when purchasing online, called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). We wrote to you in August 2020 to tell you about SCA and the new BOI App. SCA is being rolled out in 2021 and we are making the BOI App available to all credit card customers to allow them to approve online purchases. We will also be further enhancing the servicing capability of the BOI App throughout 2021. 

As further enhancements become available we will let customers know. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi The_Dave,

Thanks for your post. From January 2021 notifications were issued to all credit card customers to let them know Card Care would not be available after March 31st. Notifications were sent by email and letter and included the text below to explain why this was happening. 

This change is due to the introduction of a new layer of security when purchasing online, called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). We wrote to you in August 2020 to tell you about SCA and the new BOI App. SCA is being rolled out in 2021 and we are making the BOI App available to all credit card customers to allow them to approve online purchases. We will also be further enhancing the servicing capability of the BOI App throughout 2021. 

As further enhancements become available we will let customers know. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

That's why I said 4 minths ago, which was before the email notification. It took a  number of calls to sset up Cardcare, approx 30 mins on hold etc and then when I had to set up 365 that took well over an hour between being transferred etc... all time that could've benn saved.

Hi Tara,

That's why I said 4 minths ago, which was before the email notification. It took a  number of calls to sset up Cardcare, approx 30 mins on hold etc and then when I had to set up 365 that took well over an hour between being transferred etc... all time that could've benn saved.
    Hi The_Dave,

Thanks for getting back to us. Sorry to hear the registration didn't go as smoothly as it should and we'll ensure your feedback is passed on. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CjmD0891

Hi, i have a paperless credit card account with BOI. Approx. 4 weeks ago i was first denied access to my online 365 account which I have been using hassle free for the past 23 years ( a message re. we do not have your mobile ph. no. kept appearing). Accordingly i proceeded to phone BOI customer services several times in recent weeks, being transferred multiple times during each call before finally having to hang up after 20+mins. spent on hold each time. I have spent approx. 3 hrs on the phone line, the majority of which has been spent on hold, across several phone calls in order to resolve this.
    At the weekend I installed the BOI app on my phone (very reluctantly, as I was happy to use the online service to date) - whenever i try to access the app I am met with a 'Log in failed' message. So now i have no access to my online credit card account, i cannot access the App and i simply refuse to spend any more time on the phone to BOI as I have no more patience for the endless periods of being put on hold, transferred multiple times and be left waiting until hanging up out of sheer frustration.  Can you please advise how i can access the 365 online website, currently the message that greets me is 'We've sent a notification to your security device. ...' followed by 'Your login attempt failed. Please try again.'.  I would be greatly appreciative if you can help resolve this as I have had no satisfaction by phone to date.  
    Many Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

We're sorry to hear this has been your experience with us. Can I ask if you have a current account with us also, or just the Credit Card?

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 45,250 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Hold on. How do you pay then?

BOI rep, please confirm.

• Advertisement

6 wrote: »

BOI rep, please confirm.
    Physically have to withdraw cash from one account and lodge at a BOI machine. Oh and not all BOI machines allow this afaik. That or set up a standing order - not my advise, but BOIs. How am I supposed to know how much I'm going to spend in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

BOI rep, please confirm.
    Physically have to withdraw cash from one account and lodge at a BOI machine. Oh and not all BOI machines allow this afaik. That or set up a standing order - not my advise, but BOIs. How am I supposed to know how much I'm going to spend in advance
    A direct debit is the best option, you can set it up to pay a certain percentage of the outstanding balance eg 5%, 20%, 100% etc. It should be possible to setup a EUR direct debit on any EUR account within the SEPAZONE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Another user who was happy with Credit Card Services but now find the app system disfunctional.

My wife has a credit card, I have a card on the same account we were both able to track spending etc. Using credit card servicing, now because the wife is the card holder I can only view transactions via her phone.

Retrograde steps from BoI IMO

BOI rep, please confirm.
    Hi there, 

Thanks for your post. 

There's several options for paying your credit card. A direct debit can be set up by completing the direct debit mandate form here and posting it to the address on the form. Cash can be lodged directly to the account using a BOI lodgement ATM at any of our branches. You can also make a bank transfer from another bank using the payee details on the link here

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CjmD0891

Hi There,

We're sorry to hear this has been your experience with us. Can I ask if you have a current account with us also, or just the Credit Card?

Thanks, Aisling
    Hi Aisling. Thank you for your reply. I have only a credit card account with BOI. I appreciate your sympathy with my situation. I would be most appreciative if you could resolve my access issue with the BOI Online Banking website as it worked fine for me for the past 23 years. I am in a position now where I have had no visibility on transactions on my account for the past 4 weeks and I have no faith in the Telephone customer service offered by BOI.  I await your reply in anticipation that you can restore my confidence in BOI as a loyal customer for 23 years.  Many thanks in advance.

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

In this instance as we do not have account access here to investigate this further for you, it would be best to call our Customer Service Team on 0818 365 365. They are available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. Please be assured one of my colleagues will be more than happy to help you with this.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anto_mac1

Another customer disappointed to see BOI card care removed and replaced with 365 which isn't real-time. 

it's a step backward and especially compared to other bank providers like N26 who have real-time data 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

anto_mac1 wrote: »
    Another customer disappointed to see BOI card care removed and replaced with 365 which isn't real-time. 

it's a step backward and especially compared to other bank providers like N26 who have real-time data 
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We do appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass this on. Credit card only customers can also register for banking 365 online. If you have not yet received your User ID by text please call our credit card services team directly on 0818 251 251 and our colleagues here will be happy to help.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aine1981

Hi I recently rang BOI to get BOI 365 so I could see my credit card online. On first log in the account I see is an old loan account and my credit card isn’t on it. I have tried to add it but it says I can’t add it even though there is an option to add a credit card account to my profile. Not sure why its not there when it was specifically that account I was being set up for.

Hi Aine,

We're sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties viewing your Credit Card on Banking 365 online. It would be best to link in with our Support Team on 0818 200 362. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Aisling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Aine1981

Many thanks. Rang BOI and it was sorted over the phone. Many thanks.

Advertisement