Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This week's classic tractor I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

If it's a genuine Tractor then it will sell. Getting 45k for it though is a bit too steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

If it's a genuine Tractor then it will sell. Getting 45k for it though is a bit too steep.

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Reggie. wrote: »
    Madness

Those low hours genuine tractors do go for big money but might have to tipp away with the 785 for a while more.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Charolois 19

Asking 45k and can't be bothered putting the pictures right way around, don't know if I'm disgusted or impressed lol all joking aside It would be some baby to have im your shed you'd be afraid to use it at that money tho

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

He thinks the refurbishment of the interior will sell it

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Would you not be a fan of that patterned carpet bass. You would be afraid to get in with the wellys on.
    That price has to be a pisstake. 3200hours. Not as if it was never used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭stanflt

divillybit wrote: »
    Here's a spin off of one of the threads on the motoring forum where you can put up a link to the tractor you'd buy if you had the cash!

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/fiat-new-holland-110-90/27565249

Fiat 110-90, bargain at 45k! Be interesting to see how quick it sells!

Can’t understand the love of these tractors- desperately poor gear patterns no shuttle very little room in the cab and windscreen is very close to your head oh and they are notoriously prone to rust

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

stanflt wrote: »
    Can’t understand the love of these tractors- desperately poor gear patterns no shuttle very little room in the cab and windscreen is very close to your head oh and they are notoriously prone to rust

Tractors moved on alot after the fiats, we had 780s, 880s 980,, 95-90, still have 2 110 90s and a 100 90. Cost of running them is ridiculously low, agree on comfort tho! But the sound of reving a 110 90 is nearly worth the 45k!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

The photos are poor but the front wheel studs appear the wrong colour as does the wiring loom that feeds the side lights from the corner pillar, it may have been touched up.

Also it appears to have the black chassis which is odd for 98.

Inside is perfect though

I’m refurbishing one at present I’m not a fanatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-4000/27568857

E9000 for a weathered ford 4000 :eek:

• Advertisement

Jeasus

Inflation hit quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭endainoz

Jeasus

Inflation hit quickly

Love the description too!

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/zetor-8111/26464602

Nice 8111 there, with a small bit of work on the interior it would be a serious machine. Youd probably see a 390 from the same era on worse condition for twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

endainoz wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/zetor-8111/26464602

Nice 8111 there, with a small bit of work on the interior it would be a serious machine. Youd probably see a 390 from the same era on worse condition for twice the price.

Has that one not been on for a while? It looks like one I've seen about a month ago, if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Has that one not been on for a while? It looks like one I've seen about a month ago, if not more.

It up a long time, had different wheels at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭divillybit

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/case-5140/27578998

These Case 5140 tractors seem to be very well regarded by my local silage contractors. I think Farmflix did a video about a contractor running a fusion baler with a 5140. Seems like good value compared to what 110/90's are making.i'm thinking these case tractors will become more sought after. I've watched two sell on done deal in the last week within hours of being advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

These Case 5140 tractors seem to be very well regarded by my local silage contractors. I think Farmflix did a video about a contractor running a fusion baler with a 5140. Seems like good value compared to what 110/90's are making.i'm thinking these case tractors will become more sought after. I've watched two sell on done deal in the last week within hours of being advertised.

The brother traded our one recently to come up in years and power. It was sad to see her go really. Never gave a bit of trouble bar one solenoid for the clutch the was about €400 I think. He had it minded like a baby in fairness to him

All the Cases in the 51series a d the MX were great tractors. A lot of them had Cummins engines in them. In general case got the electrics right from the start. Very much under appreciated at first as lads struggled with electrics but when they got used to them they were straight forward

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/fiat-new-holland-110-90/27565249 i know this guy that has the fiat, their immaculate. Nothing done and stored dry always. They be worth more in a few years. He minds them.like his babies:-)

kevthegaff wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/fiat-new-holland-110-90/27565249 i know this guy that has the fiat, their immaculate. Nothing done and stored dry always. They be worth more in a few years. He minds them.like his babies:-)

He must have read this thread, he’s put up far better pictures!

She looks well now in fairness, hours look genuine!

• Advertisement

kevthegaff wrote: »

But why would you pay over 40k for that age tractor. The Case would be as good a tractor for nearly 30k less.

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

But why would you pay over 40k for that age tractor. The Case would be as good a tractor for nearly 30k less.

In a word; electrics. They were the last all mechanical tractor over 100 hp made. If you had to you could start it with a pull. Even f140s are rising in value now because ppl can't afford the 110-90.

Would this lift a fusion bale?

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-165/26430604

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Must be the major back wheel driving up the value:D.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    In a word; electrics. They were the last all mechanical tractor over 100 hp made. If you had to you could start it with a pull. Even f140s are rising in value now because ppl can't afford the 110-90.

Electrics is actually a bit misleading

It’s often the hydraulics thats the problem

As simple as the Case 40 series is, it will still have a hydraulic 4wd clutch, a hydraulic PTO clutch, as well as a plethora of clutch packs related to the transmission and associated charge pumps with most of those systems interlinked.

That’s where the complications become expensive.

The Fiat is completely mechanical with extremely reliable brakes, engine, PTO, 4WD, hydraulic and lift system. Even the handbrake pads on a Fiat is 2 hours work to change. Incredibly simple design. The Case handbrake is about a €3k bill in a dealer. You could almost budget the annual repairs required on a Fiat.

Electrics is actually a bit misleading

It’s often the hydraulics thats the problem

As simple as the Case 40 series is, it will still have a hydraulic 4wd clutch, a hydraulic PTO clutch, as well as a plethora of clutch packs related to the transmission and associated charge pumps with most of those systems interlinked.

That’s where the complications become expensive.

The Fiat is completely mechanical with extremely reliable brakes, engine, PTO, 4WD, hydraulic and lift system. You could almost budget the annual repairs required on a Fiat.

I still can't see it being worth such a price though, I know they're sought after but hard to justify that.

I drove a few different 110-90 turbo doing seasonal work lifting peat for Bord na Mona, and we dogged those tractors... Go like **** we were told.. With the duel wheels all around and pulling trailer loads of peat they werent heavy enough to get good enough traction.. Great tractors to go but twas a long day in those small cabs trying to keep the dust out. Bord na Mona will be having more auctions to sell off tractors, those old fiat's they still have left might bring more than some of the newer John deers they bought in

That Case 5140 sold within 20 hours!

That Case 5140 sold within 20 hours!

It was as a value tractor. Well capable of carrying two bales on the back. It looked clean. Electrical back lift. You could put a 10' conditioner mower on it or run a baler off it handy. Hard to get s tractor for 16 k capable of doing that day in day out in relative comfort.

Below is a Case 4230, it one of the rarer ones with a shuttle on it. Change from sterling and adding UK vat it 13k euro. If it's straight it a fairy decent tractor for a 40-60 acre stock farm

Much better tractor than an NF 390 or a Ford 6610. If you got one with a loader for 15k it would be an handy enough tractor. Would be a handy bog tractor as well

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/case-4230/27504014

Slava Ukrainii

A John Deere 2140 again in NI. Mid eighties 82 GP tractor. Surprising thing is it's has a great back lift. Should go close to lifting two bales at the back as supposed to have a 3.5 ton lift. Know nothing about JD but I always like the style of these cabs. Fairly decent seat which is my pet hate with old tractors

9k sterling private sale I think so you might get away without the vat. Inc vat it's about 12 k

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/john-deere-2140/27587309

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

What would a fiat f 130 be worth lads everything working perfect electric lift 1993 reg about 12k hrs on her tyres 40% dromone hitch , straight tractor

Advertisement