Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Way

• 13-07-2004 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is manageable by bike and whether it is frowned upon? Considering doing it over three days in August. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Up to Three Rock Mountain from Marley Park is workable. Motorbikes aren't allowed, but I think bikes are tolerated (on trail - not off trail).

On top of the mountain itself there is a 1 km section that is very unbike-friendly with rock out-crops and trenches to stop trial-bikers. There is an alternative trail slightly east of this leading to the transmitters that is a surfaced road most of the way.

I haven't been past Three Rock.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yeah its pretty ok but when you hit wicklow ie. djouce mt it gets hard all up hill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

3 days should be handy enough - one way that is!

I haven't been up in the mountains for a few years, but have at some point ridden most of the trail, no probs then, just be courteous to hikers and you should be ok

Advertisement