Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

bobbyss wrote: »
    Pity she has to go on a ten minute monologue at the start of the programme. (ie just gossipy/thrash talk from the papers in esssence. Nothing of value really.)
    Isn't that what Tubs does every day?

It seems to be a feature of the programme. It's great, it's my daily reminder to switch to Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

She's doing a lot of talking over the Maradona guest. If she put in half the time researching Maradona as she does rattling on she might improve. She's very loud. Very excited. I think she's full of Hello! magazine kind of stuff. Pity she has to go on a ten minute monologue at the start of the programme. (ie just gossipy/thrash talk from the papers in esssence. Nothing of value really.)

The very fact that yours is the first post on this show in 6 days says it all about her really. Let her go back to "her old stomping ground in Kent '.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The very fact that yours is the first post on this show in 6 days says it all about her really. Let her go back to "her old stomping ground in Kent '.

Yes indeed. I HAD noticed the lack of traffic. But seriously, there nothing to her. Never heard of her before. Surely they could have come up with someone who had a bit of what? Character? Interest? She's just like anyone on Xpose. Where's Turbridy any way?

Yes indeed. I HAD noticed the lack of traffic. But seriously, there nothing to her. Never heard of her before. Surely they could have come up with someone who had a bit of what? Character? Interest? She's just like anyone on Xpose. Where's Turbridy any way?

Be better to just merge rte 1 and rte gold for the hour. They do it at night so its entirely possible.

Tubbers worked 5 days on the trot last week. He needed a holiday :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

She was on fire this morning during the last interview.

Interviewee: "will I tell you a funny story about the rudest footballer I ever met ?"

Maggie: "ah no, dont do that"

Ryan must have told her to be kind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Just the four days for Tubbers last week. Friday off after the trauma of working on the bank holiday. Duffy gone today. Holiday camp in that place

• Registered Users Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

She's doing a lot of talking over the Maradona guest. If she put in half the time researching Maradona as she does rattling on she might improve. She's very loud. Very excited. I think she's full of Hello! magazine kind of stuff. Pity she has to go on a ten minute monologue at the start of the programme. (ie just gossipy/thrash talk from the papers in esssence. Nothing of value really.)

Excellent summation mr b... grating is the word I’d use, bit gobby.

Shut the f**k up.

Otherwise a nice person, it seems.

I wish her well.

amlinopta wrote: »
    Just the four days for Tubbers last week. Friday off after the trauma of working on the bank holiday. Duffy gone today. Holiday camp in that place

Yes but he travelled to sligo or donegal on the Sunday. That's the 5th day.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/tv-film/ryan-tubridy-heading-summer-holiday-16525956.amp
    Tubridy hasn't had time to book a holiday yet cause he was too busy working.
    An hour a fuqin day...!

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/tv-film/ryan-tubridy-heading-summer-holiday-16525956.amp
    Tubridy hasn't had time to book a holiday yet cause he was too busy working.
    An hour a fuqin day...!

He doesn’t have to worry about planning a holiday as there is no need for budgeting and booking ahead for an affordable one like most people have to do. Air fare to visit the Grand Canyon, only seats left to Vegas €4000 each, no problem when you are on that class of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just turned on and I hear.

Endeavor
    Intrigued

• Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

This interview has all the hallmarks of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Hour long book club recommendations by the looks of things..... He really is self indulgent beyond belief.

I feel like I'm listening in through the keyhole of his 'man cave...... :(

Clinton
    Books
    Macca

Only 20 minutes in..... :(

So you're a Rory Stewart fan now, father.

What's that all about? He must have said the name 20 times now.

Both yesterday's and today's'intetviews' have been plugs for RTE TV shows.

sligojoek wrote: »

Both yesterday's and today's'intetviews' have been plugs for RTE TV shows.

Are you new here ??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I only heard a few minutes this morning, but what I heard was...
    Trump, peculiar, Beatles, Intrigued, Clinton.

Bonkers got an outing as well.

What's this thing with Rory Stewart, "who we've been quietly following here"?

Is he trying to influence his thousands of Tory listeners across the water to vote against Boris?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

if by "quietly following" Rory Stewart he means not shutting up about the man for the past couple of days, then yeah, he's been doing that.

He's found a new little obsession here.

Tubbs will be inconsolable now that Stewart has been eliminated. How ' intriguing' .
    :pac:

I'm sure Tubbs will have a smart anecdote tomorrow about how ' Trumpian ' Britain will become with Bojo at the helm.

He himself, irony of ironies,a Fianna Fail man being paid by the taxpayer to tell us how aghast he is at the behaviour of a seemingly ' reckless' government. :rolleyes:

Hopefully he will be recommended a good 'self help' book to calm him of the whole "bonkers" situation.

Uncharted wrote: »
    Tubbs will be inconsolable now that Stewart has been eliminated. How ' intriguing' .
    :pac:

I'm sure Tubbs will have a smart anecdote tomorrow about how ' Trumpian ' Britain will become with Bojo at the helm.

He himself, irony of ironies,a Fianna Fail man being paid by the taxpayer to tell us how aghast he is at the behaviour of a seemingly ' reckless' government. :rolleyes:

Hopefully he will be recommended a good 'self help' book to calm him of the whole "bonkers" situation.

Thought that was Lee Evan's:) :)

• Advertisement

"our old friend Rory Stewart"

He's no friend of mine, Ryan.

" our old friend Rory Stewart " ....... ??

Tubbs blaming his choice of tie on his election loss. :pac:

Tubbs is so detached from reality,it's almost scary.

The Toy show.

F*ck off. It's June.

sligojoek wrote: »
    The Toy show.

F*ck off. It's June.

That's not the first time it has been mentioned this year :(

This one is going out of her way to be outraged, she fits right in on rte radio.

“We’ll talk again about the fun stuff.”

What Ryan, in the year 2059?

Dani Dyer expecting a fun and happy interview from the depression and suicide-obssessed Ryan. :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He’s a parody of himself

Says he went to a Pavarotti movie over wkend

Then immediately after he downloaded all his records to listen to over wkend.

Next he’ll be taking opera singing lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

New obsession

• Advertisement

Is it going to be wall to wall 'Pavaroddi' for the week?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement