Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

He's clearly ripping her off. You can tell that she eats like a bird and only wants the company.

Is that's what it's called these days - at least Pat Mustard was up front. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Probably already mentioned already but what the hell is with Deirdre O'Kanes voice on the appliances delivered advert, she is either pretending to sound drunk or is drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Probably already mentioned already but what the hell is with Deirdre O'Kanes voice on the appliances delivered advert, she is either pretending to sound drunk or is drunk.

I call that anti advertising. I have bought from them before, but I wont any more because of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

That Tayto add saying Alexiea... Boils my blood

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Seanieke wrote: »
    That Tayto add saying Alexiea... Boils my blood

Seems to be a few ads using Alexa style content.
    Do they have to change the name for copyright reasons?
    I also have massive hatred of that ad!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,484 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Hey, Alexia.

What now.

There are complaints about you on the internet.

I’m not surprised. People are always complaining about something.

They say your name should be Alexa. Whoever christened you made a mistake.

It’s an advertising ploy to gain their attention. And it seems to have worked.

OK, I will let them know, but these people are too clever to be taken in.

Whatever. I could care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭Genghis

Yes, indeed personal pet hate is "Magic Speaker" as hereby Vodafone.

I do think though the reason they do not say Alexa or Siri or OK Google is to avoid devices in earshot reacting to the broadcast ad each time it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

ad for The Vaults tourist attraction with middle class actors trying to do 'All dub'/ working class accents .... sad .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Very unusual ad from RTE, with some talking heads speaking about the drugs problem in Ireland, then followed up by the RTE narrative that "RTE will always tell you the truth". I mean they didn't even know (apparently) that Gerry Ryan was on drugs was leading an anti drug campaign for their organisation, how likely it is that they are the correct people to investigate the drug issue outside of their own premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Just heard the Skoda ad with the 2 women looking for the vegan restaurant "Cut the Cheese". Love it!

• Advertisement

Just heard the Skoda ad with the 2 women looking for the vegan restaurant "Cut the Cheese". Love it!

It's dire and the edgy humour makes me want to throw the radio out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah that ad's quite funny in fairness. I love the passenger's reactions. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Del.Monte wrote: »
    It's dire and the edgy humour makes me want to throw the radio out the window.

The man from Del Monte say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭depaor01

That goddam Hyundai ad. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! PLEEEEASE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What about the Heinz mayo adverts on RTE 2FM?

Jez, that girl doing the voiceover is enthusiastic about mayo.

Anyone know who she is? She does a few adverts, her voice is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

The ad for bonkers.ie. Two women talking, the first says she is off on holidays, the other replies with 'how can you afford that, aren't you just back from...'<I forget where.>

Can't imagine anyone asking that question in response to a comment about going on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

depaor01 wrote: »
    That goddam Hyundai ad. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! PLEEEEASE!!!!
    Hyundai... DISCOVER WHY!!-- not .

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

NIMAN wrote: »
    What about the Heinz mayo adverts on RTE 2FM?

Jez, that girl doing the voiceover is enthusiastic about mayo.

Anyone know who she is? She does a few adverts, her voice is terrible.

Yeah, absolutely terrible voice, seems to be doing a lot of voiceovers on 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Yeah what is the deal with that? Why does someone deem it acceptable that it’s a good voiceover? It’s just really annoying and an abnormal way of talking

Not as bad as the whiny skanger voice "Hey Ciara" on the answering machine - never leave it on long enough to hear what it''s for! I would have heard it in its entirety when if first appeared a while ago but have long since forgotten the product being advertised - who on earth signs off on such rubbish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That new McDonalds ad with a pair hamming it up as a couple of American hayseeds, with the guy breaking character at the end with his own accent - "oill buy de tickets".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

She talks through her teeth.

I noticed it years ago in an interview with her and I can't listen to her since.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭newbie11

The add for the app called go loud on today fm and Newstalk, someone in the background repeatedly shouting "go loud" over and over again

lawlolawl wrote: »
    She talks through her teeth.

I noticed it years ago in an interview with her and I can't listen to her since.
    She gets an awful hard time of it, but I agree her voice is very hard to listen to for a long period of time. I can't understand people who pay real money to sit through her gigs for a whole hour, but fair play to her, people do.

I saw an article a month or so ago, where she said that her career suffered because she became a stay-at-home Mum. Personally I think her career has suffered because she isn't funny.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

She gets an awful hard time of it, but I agree her voice is very hard to listen to for a long period of time. I can't understand people who pay real money to sit through her gigs for a whole hour, but fair play to her, people do.

I saw an article a month or so ago, where she said that her career suffered because she became a stay-at-home Mum. Personally I think her career has suffered because she isn't funny.

I think her career suffered because she became a stay at home mum, and then tried to do a routine about it, which I unfortunately saw first hand.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I think her career suffered because she became a stay at home mum, and then tried to do a routine about it, which I unfortunately saw first hand.
    It can be funny -- Tommy Tiernan does some great standup about growing older and being a parent.

But nobody wants to hear about someone else's Oisin or Muireann. Not when they're paying a babysitter to get a night away from the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I think you may have hit the bullseye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

The Renault ad where ya man keeps interrupting saying "Zero"..
    Shut the F##k up, annoying ****e..

The new Synergy Ad for I don't what product but it's supposed to sound like a broken record - how imaginative is that. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

The ad for food shopping thats voiced by Mario Rosenstock on today fm. When he's speaking in his own voice, he sounds like he's even taking off his own voice (but obvs isnt). Maybe Im just so used to hearing him in his Miriam voice?! Just can't listen to his sunday roast programme for that reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement