Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

New Canyon!
    5 weeks ahead of schedule

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Garmin Edge 1030 via halfords with 15% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

godtabh wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 1030 via halfords with 15% off.

Annoyed that I missed that promotion, only seemed to last a few days

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Annoyed that I missed that promotion, only seemed to last a few days

I got the Garmin 1030 bundle cheaper than many places are selling the edge on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭cletus

So, I've a pair of Shimano mt3's, a set of M520 SPD pedals, and freewheel spline tool all winging their way to me.

Am I right in saying that the pedals come with a set of cleats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I'd have thought they should do but if not and you're in Dublin I should have spare cleats you can have. After all, judging by your username we're basically the same person :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Hambini BB30 to Shimano one piece BB on its way to me. He machined it himself for me as they were out of stock and he wasn’t sure when they’d be back in again. Couldn’t ask for a better service than that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wahoo Element Bolt headunit, have never used anything other than a Garmin.

Change is good, yeah?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

dahat wrote: »
    Wahoo Element Bolt headunit, have never used anything other than a Garmin.

Change is good, yeah?

Its very good, I really like the Bolt, although my prior experience is only with the Garmin 500, which was also good, just not this good.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Its very good, I really like the Bolt, although my prior experience is only with the Garmin 500, which was also good, just not this good.

Hopefully, my Garmin has had 2 major meltdowns so time to change it out. It will be sent back for repair once it's cost effective.

The UI isn't as snazzy but as long as it shows me numbers from sechduled workouts I'll get used to the UI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Bought the Shimano D-Fly unit, bit of a novelty but feck it

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

canyon ultimate CF 8.0 Movistar colors on the way . 7 weeks and counting !

CramCycle wrote: »

This arrived today and been playing about with the set up. It is very different from the Garmin and will take me a little time to get used to the visuals I'd say.

Setting up various profiles on your phone is a massive plus though the name for each on the unit would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

Set of wheels from fit wheels, their cheapest road rim brake alloy wheels. First time buying from them. Just need a new fork, bars and pedals and I’ll have the bike back in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Bought the Shimano D-Fly unit, bit of a novelty but feck it

It was invaluable on a ride a while ago when a cable came loose from one of the shifters. I couldnt really get at the cable at the roadside to fix the connection so I was able to re-program the shifting to all work off the remaining functional shifter and run in syncroshift mode 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

above, and the battery status, oh I love the battery % :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Carbon Canti/Disc fork that should make my steel tourer usable again and give me 2 options for braking. No rack mounts, but I never used them anyway. Going to be more a long distance mile muncher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Trekker09

A set of Vision 35 Comp clinchers for my commuting bike and a Jagwire internal cable routing tool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

A Bonza box from PBK for a few summer adventures

11 25 cassette - R8000
    New Jockey Wheels
    Wahoo Out front mount
    Gels
    Chamois cream

Basic stuff but needed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

My first cycling bibs in 3xl (black and ‘safety yellow’/volt) from aerotechdesigns. Hopefully will not look like a pudding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Been a while since anything was posted in here............so...

N+1 = Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 Di2 (rim brakes)

Should be here by Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Tacx Neo 2... Recovering from a hip issue, and physio said I need to reduce my intensity on the road. So went for the "reduced intensity" spin and got a couple of strava PB... I have no self control on the road...so indoor while I'm recovering and physio gives me the ok for full intensity :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

N+1 = Canyon CF SLX 8.0 Di2

Very cryptic post.
    It could be an Aeroad, Ultimate or Endurace
    Also disc or rim brakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

tuxy wrote: »
    Very cryptic post.
    It could be an Aeroad, Ultimate or Endurace
    Also disc or rim brakes?

Woops. Post edited...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

OK, full confession - its not in the post. But it may as well be....I'm so close to pulling the trigger:

The Light Blue Trinity Pista frameset, inc stem and seatpost.

https://www.thelightblue.co.uk/Sport/FMLBT56B/Trinity-Track-Frameset#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No worries, the names of the Canyon bikes are very long
    I have a rim brake ultimate SLX, fantastic bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

R8000-FD for my 6800 bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

N+1 = Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 Di2 (rim brakes)

Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 rim brake coming tomorrow . I test rode the slx version as a friend has one. Some bike to accelerate and climb . Hopefully the SL version ( albeit at less than half the price ) will still have a similar feel !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

tomred1N wrote: »
    Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 rim brake coming tomorrow . I test rode the slx version as a friend has one. Some bike to accelerate and climb . Hopefully the SL version ( albeit at less than half the price ) will still have a similar feel !

I have the CF SL 8.0...its a great bike, super fast on descents

Advertisement