Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Manager smoking while right next to me

• 29-05-2019 7:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭

She was smoking while showing me how to use the card board baler. As she was standing right next to me. At one stage she looked like such a knacker with the fag in her mouth, while both hands were occupied.

This didn't seem very professional of her. I was wondering if I should say "that cigarette is a bit too strong for me" but I didn't want to piss her off. Bloody annoying though. Having thought about it, I seriously doubt she'd done this back when I was new on the job. I've never been that close to a cigarette for so long. Yauk.

I've got a new job now, and I'd have a good mind to send a letter to her boss about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Lol. Is this your first job?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

She was smoking while showing me how to use the card board baler. As she was standing right next to me. At one stage she looked like such a knacker with the fag in her mouth, while both hands were occupied.

This didn't seem very professional of her. I was wondering if I should say "that cigarette is a bit too strong for me" but I didn't want to piss her off. Bloody annoying though. I've never been that close to a cigarette for so long. Yawk.

Do you now know how to use the cardboard baler? If you weren't listening she was will have to show you again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Maybe she doesn’t like the radio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Problem Of Motivation

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Do you now know how to use the cardboard baler? If you weren't listening she was will have to show you again.
    I do, but if she has to show me again I will tell her. I don't care if I get fired.

It's not his first account, or last for that matter.

• Advertisement

Most unprofessional things aren't as noticeable as this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

OP, hope you are well and hope you can you clarify please - what does ‘Yawk’ mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If you've been affected by any of the issues raised in the OP there are details of organisations that offer advice and support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Don’t worry OP, smokers are jokers. She will get her comeuppance, mark my words!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭blackbox

Was the baler indoors?

• Advertisement

blackbox wrote: »
    Was the baler indoors?
    Outdoors. I still think it would be common manners to put the bloody thing down while you have to stand next to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Shame. Not much fun being at the wrong end of a cigarette

• Registered Users Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

#2 in a series of trivial workplace annoyances.

Can't wait for the next instalment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

*cough cough*

Public Health (Tobacco) Acts 2002-2015

*cough cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Locate the Fire extinguisher and apply to fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

How does the cardboard baler work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Funnily enough I shared a lift with two idiots this morning who thought it was perfectly acceptable to smoke inside the lift. Cnuts. Didn't say anything cos they looked like the sort that 'shoot first, ask questions later'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Why is everyone being so mean to the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Outdoors. I still think it would be common manners to put the bloody thing down while you have to stand next to someone.

You'd be wrong then. Outdoors, fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

kneemos wrote: »
    How does the cardboard baler work?

Puts cardboard into bales. Smoking optional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

sullivlo wrote: »
    Maybe she doesn’t like the radio.

Absolutely sickened I was bet to this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

cml387 wrote: »
    Puts cardboard into bales. Smoking optional.

Can't believe it's that simple.

I mean, he needed training.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Funnily enough I shared a lift with two idiots this morning who thought it was perfectly acceptable to smoke inside the lift. Cnuts. Didn't say anything cos they looked like the sort that 'shoot first, ask questions later'.
    Seriously? I wouldn't have got in.

What sort of a place was this?

petes wrote: »
    You'd be wrong then. Outdoors, fair game.
    Like I said a while ago, I still don't think she'd have been this disrespectful on my first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It's not his first account, or last for that matter.

Do you spend all your time frantically hitting refresh on this site just so you can post about your extraordinary discovery that people re-reg on this site? Might I suggest you find something more intellectually and emotionally satisfying to do with your time? That dude Srameen is quicker off the mark than you as well, so no need for two hall monitors to be on duty all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

kneemos wrote: »
    Can't believe it's that simple.

I mean, he needed training.

Oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

blackbox wrote: »
    Was the baler indoors?

You’d hope so, a baler made of cardboard isn’t going to last too long out in the rain.

Locate the Fire extinguisher and apply to fire.

There was a regular customer who was smoking next to the pumps recently. The same fella is a bit stupid. When he came in to pay I told him not to do smoke like that. The assistant manager was also aware of it and did nothing. He didn't like it one bit and has been sarcastic towards me since.

As a matter of fact, I later saw him chatting to the assistant manager as if they were best friends.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You’d hope so, a baler made of cardboard isn’t going to last too long out in the rain.
    There's a shelter over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

_blaaz wrote: »
    Why is everyone being so mean to the OP

Probably because the posts are arseholes?

Advertisement