Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch A&E? Anywhere open for repairs these days?

Options
  • 25-02-2021 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭

I've a small issue I'd like looked at and hopefully fixed. Is there any jewellers or watch repair dude in (ideally South) Dublin that'd cast a cold eye and wield a precision screwdriver for me?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Would you chance it in the post?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Give Chris from Watchfix/iChrono a shout, he might be able to sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I think if post was the only option then I'd rather stick the watch back in its box and wait til shops reopen altogether.

But I'll certainly try your recommendation mailforkey. Presuming a Google will pinpoint him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Thanks man. I hope he'll see fit to humour me and and apply his Rolex expertise to my....not-Rolex. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It would be good to hear of your experience because I'd a have a couple that would do with attention too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Ive mentioned before that Ballsbridge Jewellers on Shelbourne rd, opposite post office, have done decent work for me on a 70s Rolex Datejust service. I think they may still be open for repair work, I suppose a telephone call would be ascertain either way.
    I have to go to that post office in the mornng actually, so ill have a look and report further tomorrow anyway

No personal connection to the business btw

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Re Ballsbridge Jewellers - they were a bit disdainful when I asked them to swap a crystal for me a couple of years ago - apparently it was "spurious" but no problem for Dawson's.

Sorry to hear that. My own experience was okay. Quite an old couple behind the counter as I remember, and I think their son was the service guy, family business I guess. They were decent enough to me anyway.

Had a look today as I was over that way earlier; seems to be closed up so looks like its not an option presently anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Wibbs wrote: »

Recommended? I'm in a similar position, the nice watch sitting up due to a change in the noise from the mechanism

Advertisement