Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Currys and Brexit

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭nc6000

Out of curiosity I went and checked if the printer I ordered online in early January and was eventually refunded was available to collect in any of their stores. Surprisingly it was so I reserved one for collection over the weekend. Before heading over I thought I'd try and ring them but of course it's not easy getting through to anyone there and I ended up getting to a message directing me to the website or to visit a store before being cutoff.

So I drove over to collect (not having high hopes) and gave my reservation number at the pay point - the girl is clicking away on the PC and eventually tells me it's not in stock. Apparently the website is out of sync with the stock system, not her fault.

I can't think of any other retailers I've used previously where you can order or reserve items which are not actually in stock. :confused:

Anyway, the place was crammed with people so business must be good and I doubt they care about a few unhappy customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

For anyone wondering what to spend their €30 voucher code on.

I went for Chromecast with Google TV (€39.99 + shipping with code)

Fingers crossed there are no issues, but i believe they have been ironed out?

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/chromecast-with-google-tv-snow-10216159-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭tiegan

moonboy52 wrote: »

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/chromecast-with-google-tv-snow-10216159-pdt.html

I might just do this - was looking for options to use with my voucher. Was looking at getting a powerbank.
    Thanks for the idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

moonboy52 wrote: »

Good call - have them myself, decent devices, sideloading pretty straight forward and can map the remote buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

The Chromecast with Google TV, arrived today. No issues at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I've chanced the reorder. The item arrived in 6 days of ordering, with the voucher applied.
    A form was needed to fill in to get the thing at a price of 1st order. It was approved after the delivery. The price difference has already been sent back to my card.
    I can't fault them this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Redkite200

Hi, so if I order an appliance like a cooker online from their Irish site, even if it says 'fast delivery' there is likely to be a significant delay?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I ordered an iPad from them as it was much cheaper than anywhere here. Shipped on Thursday, delivered to Cork on Monday via DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Redkite200 wrote: »
    Hi, so if I order an appliance like a cooker online from their Irish site, even if it says 'fast delivery' there is likely to be a significant delay?

Seems that it has drastically improved as of late so you may be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Phantasos

Scratchly wrote: »
    There should be a sticky in the forum to warn people from buying from this crowd.

Just got an email about finally getting a refund on a defective item that was returned on 3rd December.

Can I ask how you finally got an answer? I'm going towards two months waiting for a resolution to a faulty product I sent back. Emails, Twitter exchanges, stating my consumer rights... nothing. Every time either [a] no reply or a reply saying "we'll update you".

It's bordering on a scam at this point. The product is an important cooking kitchen appliance as well, it's not something frivolous. I asked them to refund me if they can't do the exchange, but they won't answer me.

What are you meant to do when they keep fobbing a person off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Is there still a mad delay with peoples orders? Was planning on ordering afew things for the kitchen+ the house but after reading this thread il consider elsewhere.
    Are the physical stores open? I might venture in next week when restrictions lift

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Is there still a mad delay with peoples orders? Was planning on ordering afew things for the kitchen+ the house but after reading this thread il consider elsewhere.
    Are the physical stores open? I might venture in next week when restrictions lift

I think they have improved..
    I ordered a chest freezer last month and had it within a week.

Advertisement