Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Job seekers please help

• 20-02-2021 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hey all
    So I work 38 week contract same hours as schools so during midterms and Easter and summer iv to sign on to job seekers allowance as I hadn't enough stamps for benefit. Iv filled out al the forms for this midterm which is a week and all I got was 66 euro iv two children under 6 and my other half works 4 days and gets 366 a week, please can someone tell me of I just got paid for a day or two or is this all im entitled to even for Easter and the summer.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

Moved to State Benefits which might be more beneficial to you Nikkolemic. Local Charter now applies.

Thanks

HS

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nikkolemc

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

They calculate each week starting from Wednesday - not Monday. So they take into consideration the days you worked - Wednesday, Thursday & Friday - so you don't get any social welfare for those days. Your partners income is also calculated into it so you wont get full social welfare because of his earnings.

Advertisement