Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortgage help

Options
  • 16-02-2021 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

My Dad will be 65 soon and will be leaving his job but he still has 37000 left on his mortgage, would he get help paying his mortgage or will he have to pay it out of his JSA/pension.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

As far as I know SW will only give a hand with interest not capital repayments. What sort of repayments per.months are they and how many years left

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

katy39 wrote: »
    My Dad will be 65 soon and will be leaving his job but he still has 37000 left on his mortgage, would he get help paying his mortgage or will he have to pay it out of his JSA/pension.

He’ll have to pay it himself. No question

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭katy39

As far as I know SW will only give a hand with interest not capital repayments. What sort of repayments per.months are they and how many years left

Its 414 a month including 38 interest 6 years left.

its just that I heard of people getting 900 with HAP which seems alot so I was hoping he might get some help.

Its 414 a month including 38 interest 6 years left.
    its just that I heard of people getting 900 with HAP which seems alot so I was hoping he might get some help.

Hap is a rental subsidity, My understanding is that while SW may help with interest part of the payment they will not help with the capital part of the repayment. Would your father consider renting a room in the house. The income off this is tax free and could defray the mortgage repayment

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

@ BassReeves Its only a 1 bed .

and Im not sure if that would effect his mortage

He can try SW but it's outside general criteria.

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement