Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wish Imports

• 03-02-2021 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Looking to buy something off wish for around €100, anyone know the story with import tax, will there be any if so how much for that amount.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes, If it’s from outside the EU. Check the first post in this thread for details:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Charge will be VAT at the prevailing rate plus a handling charge for the courier of up to €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭sbkenn

Wish is full of crap ! Be warned. Of 7 items that I bought, only one hasn't proven to be worth even less than their "discounted" price, probably because I haven't even tried to use it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 britie

Anyone know who makes deliveries for Wish, An Post or a courier company?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

Wish is a market place with many sellers and shops. can be any , have had stuff arrive with dpd,anpost , fedex ,ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 britie

britie wrote: »
    Anyone know who makes deliveries for Wish, An Post or a courier company?

Thanks

Packaged arrived via Fastway Couriers. I could only track it in their system a few hours beforehand several days after it showed released by Irish customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Good morning all,

I feel a bit stupid asking this question because I think the answer is yes.

I have never purchased from WISH but an item is E100 cheaper than via EU.

But I presume customs/vat etc will be levied on an item arriving from outside EU?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

take a look at the stickied post at the top of the forum. the short answer is yes

Advertisement