Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness not being brewed anymore.. affect cans/bottles?

• 21-02-2021 10:59pm

Hi folks,

My dad is a big Guinness drinker. I reckon it's what's keeping him alive. Anyway, his 70th is approaching swiftly so the immediate family were gonna call-round (about 4 of us) and were gonna see about renting one of the 'bar hire' things, with the keg and tap that you see advertised online.

Non-runner, though - Diageo are apparently not brewing Guinness, so kegs are impossible to find, now. Which made me wonder if anyone knows what the story is with the cans?

Despite the pubs being closed, many a can lives it's last moments with my dad, and I'm wondering should I be out in Tesco knocking over grannies and kicking babies to panic-buy all the cans I can get my hands on?

For example, this article mentions them stopping brewing, but it only mentions kegs. Doesn't mention any other products at all?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/ireland-pubs-country-facing-beer-23367010

Anyone got any idea at all what the craic is with the domestic-sale stuff?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They have stopped *kegging*. They are still brewing for cans and bottles.

They will not resume kegging until there are pubs to sell to - the home bar market is far too small to bother with.

Advertisement