Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forum Games Sheep Advent Calendar!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mars sheeps! :eek: I did not see that coming.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mars???? Mars???

You do not think of Mars when someone hands you a celebration tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

There was a poll on the Christmas forum for favourite Celebration and the Teaser was a clear winner

Ah here, what are ye on? Those yolks aren't worthy of the name 'Malteser'. I love Maltesers but those 'bars' are some of the last I'd choose from a box, way too much chocolate, not enough centre

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Loughc wrote: »
    Mars???? Mars???

You do not think of Mars when someone hands you a celebration tub.

Except that they're made by Mars. Incorporated

Nope, not at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Mars wouldn’t be my favourite. But are the company that makes celebrations. Biggest name in the tub so figured they might sheep. Mars font is first letter of the name too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Ah here, what are ye on? Those yolks aren't worthy of the name 'Malteser'. I love Maltesers but those 'bars' are some of the last I'd choose from a box, way too much chocolate, not enough centre

Couldn’t disagree more - they are my absolute favourite celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,677 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Good morning elves, welcome to day 18 of the Forum Games Sheep Advent Calendar!

3fa06ec7c22b06d5b77a996d74458d6e.gif

One week until Christmas Day! Presents, drink, massive dinner then, perhaps, a few games...

giphy.gif

Question 18: Name a game you might play on Christmas Day

6pm deadline as always, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Mars??? What is wrong with you people? You disgust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Mars??? What is wrong with you people? You disgust me.

Celebrations is a miniature chocolate bar collection made by Mars, Incorporated, launched in 1997. It comprises miniature versions of Mars-produced chocolate bars. With the tagline "Share the joy", Celebrations were the first mixed box of chocolates to bring together confectionery which had been already released in one box or tin instead of introducing new, especially-created confectionery made exclusively for the UK market.
    Mars stood out.
    I didn't realize it was a which sweet do you like the most competition, just which one do you think will sheep, which is why i went mars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That was hard, feel a slip coming on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I thought people just eat, drink and doze in front of the TV.

I am not happy about this one!

I thought people just eat, drink and doze in front of the TV.

Dr Who is literally the only TV show I would ever watch on Christmas Day. The TV isn't even turned on in our house. I would have to go to my room and stream it to see it. But there's usually about 20-30 people in my house on Christmas evening. It's mayhem.

I am not happy about this one!

No-one's happy with any of them, it's the true spirit of Christmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Dr Who is literally the only TV show I would ever watch on Christmas Day. The TV isn't even turned on in our house. I would have to go to my room and stream it to see it. But there's usually about 20-30 people in my house on Christmas evening. It's mayhem.

So you're saying fistfights are a Christmas game

Collie D wrote: »
    So you're saying fistfights are a Christmas game

I'll have you know we've only had one argument that descended into a fist fight in our house in the last 10 years.

Lunchtime bump

29/34 answers in :)

OK folks, everyone's answered!

Reveal will be at 5pm so we can settle down for the Liverpool match :p

This seemed to cause some constanation but there were only seven unique answers given. Maybe controversially two share an image below but weren't grouped...

Photo-2019-12-18-12-54-59-PM.jpg

I'll pull the comments together in a while, scores at 5
    Feel free to wind each other up before then!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Twister? At Christmas? When you're at your fattest from turkey and pudding!!!!????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Feel free to wind each other up before then!

You're all crap lol

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Twister? At Christmas? When you're at your fattest from turkey and pudding!!!!????

And when you're with family...
    Twister, I think it's still in the shops and a great kids and adults only game ( after a few drinks )
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

quickbeam wrote: »

And you're twisted from all the booze, sounds about right.

I have to say, for the residents of Forum Games, I'm surprised that real life games doesn't seem to be a thing...
    This has to be the worst question yet!!! I don't know what people do with their Christmas in the privacy of their own homes! Will people say video games?? Or board games?? Or trivia games. Or hide n seek type games. Pass the bloody parcel???
    Jayzooos, I have never played a christmas game my whole life... My family just wasn't into fun!
    I thought everyone just eats, drinks, and sleeps.
    People play games??? Well I'm truly screwed for this one.
    Maybe biting your tongue, or not getting too drunk are games?
    Not in my house. We just sit in awkward silence around the television... If "eating 'till you puke" sheeps now, I'll be devo.
    I'm really just going by what families on TV shows do, in my own family we're usually too lazy and food coma'ed to play anything.
    What sort of deviant plays games on Christmas Day? It's for eating too much, plonking yourself on the couch and being disappointed by whatever passes for Christmas Day TV these days.
    The teenage boy in me wants to say play 'Hide the sausage' but I must hold firm!

Who actually plays games anymore?
    A GAME!

WHAT IS THIS MULARKY.

I open presents and eat myself into a coma, is that a game?

Normal people are weird though maybe they'd play boardgames and such?

Some people do play games though!
    ...Less likely to cause an argument on Christmas Day than this bloody game*.

*social experiment
    The only game equally as frustrating as this SHEEP...
    Fry Nitty's brain on an open fire with some chestnuts, just like he's doing to ours. :D
    Let's go with the one that ends up with Mam drinking the cooking sherry, Dad and yourself arguing... and your sisters in a cat fight on the lawn
    Well my family play Monopoly, in fact I'm the reigning champion in it, I beat those kids real good every year, it's my finest achievement :pac: :D
    Well now in past years it's been Nintendo Wii fit and Olympics, PS4 Buzz games, Nintendo Switch Mario, Cluedo, Monopoly, Scrabble and good ol' card games like snap and Go Fish

This year it's likely to be who's hiding the TV remote!
    Ok so if you're in my house on Christmas day and an actual adult you play Poker. It's loud, raucous, competitive and there's usually at least one fight before the end of the game. My (now 90 year old) granny will lose the bap at someone during the game for stealing a pot on her or bluffing. All the while, she bluffs her arse off in every hand and is a very poor winner.

If you're not an adult, or you're me, you play a range of games. Taboo, Codenames, Werewolf and last year, The Lyrics Board (I was quite proud of that one). But I don't think any of these would sheep. What do boring people play at Christmas? Charades? Ugh. I don't wanna say Charades. Look I'm not winning this anyway.
    Give us a clue or charades if you have a parlour to play it in.

But then monopoly is popular but mine has sat in cupboard for donkeys years.

I like family fortunes. My mum will have us playing 25. Is Pictionary still played a lot? Think I have it too. I’m trying to remember what’s in my cupboard. Cluedo, operation, the wii is in the attic cos the kids brought mario kart and sports resort to a mates and they’ve never been seen again.
    I'm pointing at a bag of coal, and a bottle of lemonade... what do you mean you don't know it Karen? It's so obvious
    If I were being honest, the game that will be most played in our house will probably be FIFA or Fortnite, but in the interest of seeming full of Christmas bon homie, I'll say charades as my final answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

A PARLOUR!

A ****ING PARLOUR!!!!

Oh no. It's gonna be frickin charades isn't it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Oh no. It's gonna be frickin charades isn't it?

If it's not monopoly I'm going to riot

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I nearly went charades. I didn't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Necro wrote: »
    If it's not monopoly I'm going to riot

Thats usually how a game of monopoly ends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Why would you play Monopoly on Christmas? Do ye not want to talk until next Christmas? :D

As for those playing Twister, that's getting a little too close with the family.

🤪

Advertisement