Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-06-2016, 15:21   #121
onform

Quote:
Originally Posted by caviardreams View Post
Thirded! 2 years old this month.
Fourthed. 2 years plus with no problems. Just do the bit of maintenance as per the manual (Clean the diffuser, descale). And discount coffee is a good source for good value whole coffee beans.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-06-2016, 17:30   #122
Hococop

Just bought it, cheers lads
Thanks from:
05-06-2016, 00:27   #123
unkel
Category Moderator

Welcome to our club. Enjoy your coffee

As onform said, discount coffee (dot ie) has great value for money whole beans. Buy in bulk, spend over €50 for free delivery and wait till you pick up one of their regular 10% discount codes

Drink excellent coffee at a fraction of high street / restaurant prices. That's a win in my book
(2) thanks from:
05-06-2016, 09:28   #124
Chardee MacDennis

Missed this again dammit
05-06-2016, 10:12   #125
ShiverinEskimo
Hosted Moderator

HMod: PFJ
Jumped on this yesterday. Been looking for a decent machine for three years since we moved into a new house and this one was on the radar. Delighted to finally have it on the way now.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-06-2016, 17:38   #126
Hococop

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkel View Post
Welcome to our club. Enjoy your coffee

As onform said, discount coffee (dot ie) has great value for money whole beans. Buy in bulk, spend over €50 for free delivery and wait till you pick up one of their regular 10% discount codes

Drink excellent coffee at a fraction of high street / restaurant prices. That's a win in my book
Cheers unkel , I've used discount coffee a few times for the monin and sweetbird syrups and its very good, any coffee beans you recommend?
05-06-2016, 17:45   #127
caviardreams

Have to admit I have tried Discount Coffee (3 or 4 of the beans) and am not really a fan - the beans are grand, and pretty much on a par with what you get in a decent supermarket. In my view, you just can't beat freshly roasted beans, it makes a massive difference to the freshness and flavour and is worth paying extra for.

But for many people I imagine they are willing to compromise on flavour for the cheaper price - I can totally understand this. Just don't blame the machine if the coffee isn't as good as you expect - give the machine a go with some freshly roasted beans from the likes of ponaire, bell lane, 3fe, coffee mojo etc. before you judge it.
12-08-2016, 12:38   #128
Rock Paper Scissors

Can anyone tell me how to make a Cappucino with this machine?

Hey guys,

I have this machine about a year and absoloutely love it. I mainly use it to make espressos and americanos.

Now I want to learn how to make cappucinios.

I bought a frothing jug and a milk thermometer.

I posted the question on amazon answers asking "how to make a cappucino" with this machine and I got 5 different answers lol

I've tried various different settings etc but cant seem to get it right.

Can someone who owns this machine tell me how to make a nice cappucino please including:

* what settings to use for both knobs
* what size cup/glass to use
* should i put the coffee in 1st or the milk in 1st

Would love to have some feedback on how to make the perfect cappucino..

Thanks guys

RPS
12-08-2016, 16:20   #129
ShiverinEskimo
Hosted Moderator

The settings on the knobs are down to personal taste.

Use a mug for a cappucino. Set the left knob to half way or so to fill a third of your mug ish. Set the right knob according to how strong you want your coffee.

Put the mug under the nozzles and switch on - the warm up and rinse will warm up your mug. Empty the mug and wipe it clean and place it back.

Make the shot of coffee into the same warmed-up mug.

Pour enough milk in to fill a half of your mug. You can measure this out first if you like.

Hit the steamer button and when ready, dip the steamer nozzle just below the surface of your milk so that the steamer draws in the milk around it forming a kind of cycle.

Keep adjusting so the nozzle is just below the surface and the bubbles get smaller and smaller in the foam. This makes it a nice smooth foam.

When you have a good amount of foam and the temp is hitting 50 degrees. Put the nozzle further into the milk and to the side of the jug to heat the rest of the milk up to 65 degrees.

Tip the milk jug into the coffee so the liquid milk runs first. Fill up to two-thirds of your mug then stop pouring and use a spoon to scoop some foam out to fill up the final third of your mug.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-08-2016, 17:12   #130
Rock Paper Scissors

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply mate, I really really appreciate it

edit: do I press the single or double shot to make the cappucino?
12-08-2016, 17:25   #131
ShiverinEskimo
Hosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Paper Scissors View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply mate, I really really appreciate it

edit: do I press the single or double shot to make the cappucino?
That's really up to you. If you want a strong cup, double shot it. If you want a really strong cup, double shot it and set the right hand knob to full.

Here's a handy guide to making the various types of coffees. When you're using the machine to make coffee and steam milk you mostly end up with coffee, hot milk and foam. How you distribute each of the ingredients into the mug dictates the type of coffee you've made.

Last edited by ShiverinEskimo; 12-08-2016 at 17:31.
Thanks from:
12-08-2016, 18:15   #132
Hococop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverinEskimo View Post
That's really up to you. If you want a strong cup, double shot it. If you want a really strong cup, double shot it and set the right hand knob to full.

Here's a handy guide to making the various types of coffees. When you're using the machine to make coffee and steam milk you mostly end up with coffee, hot milk and foam. How you distribute each of the ingredients into the mug dictates the type of coffee you've made.

Cheers for the info been struggling to use the steamer right, question what is the best type of milk to use, would full fat give a creamer taste I've the low fat/skimmed milk or is there any difference?
13-08-2016, 17:43   #133
torregolf

I can't seem to make nice coffee from this machine. I've tried several different beans but coffee always tastes bitter in comparison to same beans used in another machine. Would really appreciate some advice. Tia
13-08-2016, 18:34   #134
ShiverinEskimo
Hosted Moderator

Where are you using the other machine? Same water supply? Could have limey water that's causing your coffee to become bitter.
Thanks from:
13-08-2016, 18:35   #135
ShiverinEskimo
Hosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hococop View Post
Cheers for the info been struggling to use the steamer right, question what is the best type of milk to use, would full fat give a creamer taste I've the low fat/skimmed milk or is there any difference?
Really depends on your taste. If you order a normal cappucino and like it then go with full fat. If you order skinny caps and like them go with skimmed.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion