Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-05-2019, 22:11   #136
theguzman

I think the Brazilians are lovely a much better type of human than the local pondlife currently inhabiting inner city Dublin.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-05-2019, 22:30   #137
beejee

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguzman View Post
I think the Brazilians are lovely a much better type of human than the local pondlife currently inhabiting inner city Dublin.
I think theyre gorgeous, lovely, amazing. Except for the ones that committed murder there a while back, but you know, besides them, 100% of all brazilialn people cant be put on too high a pedestal.

Oh and there are the ones running all those rickshaws selling drugs out the back of them, anyone about town at night will know what im talking about. But besides them, 100% of them are great.

Just counter-balancing hyperbole!

This idea of comparing an entire race of people from abroad as perfect against the lowest shyte in our own society is played out. Its old and stupid at this point.

"I'd rather live beside hardworking, lovely martians than horrible irish people"....startling! But whats that got to do with anything though, really? Its not like youre going to identify great people from abroad and be able to swap them with terrible people from here.

Youre still going to have the same people here you don't like, plus rolling the dice on who else arrives in. Its not an "either" situation, its an "in addition" situation, and that IS relevant to housing problems.
15-05-2019, 22:31   #138
weldoninhio

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguzman View Post
You’ve met all 208.5 million Brazilians??
15-05-2019, 22:37   #139
theguzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
You’ve met all 208.5 million Brazilians??
A Brazilian of them.
16-05-2019, 01:21   #140
bodhrandude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel T. Cogley View Post
It's about time we started shipping people that don't and won't work out of Dublin as well as ending this ridiculous forever home nonsense. I'd rather live next door to a working immigrant than a dosser Irish person any day.
Or how forcing businesses and corporations to start training people with no work experience at entry level jobs, otherwise how in the name of god can they get work experience in first place.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-05-2019, 03:26   #141
Bobblehats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel T. Cogley View Post
It's about time we started shipping people that don't and won't work out of Dublin as well as ending this ridiculous forever home nonsense. I'd rather live next door to a working immigrant than a dosser Irish person any day.
How about living next door to several non working immigrants instead then.
(3) thanks from:
16-05-2019, 06:37   #142
Sheep breeder

On Monday and Tuesday were spent travelling around the midlands and the one thing that caught the eye was the amount of closed up houses and shops that could be used for housing people if done up and rented out. There is plenty of properties not being used and if a scheme to regenerate was introduced would create work and help provide accommodation.
The media have created the housing crisis mantra for Dublin, but this is only one place in Ireland where housing is required throughout the country. The rest of the country has a housing problem and needs some action to take place, all the towns we traveled through had people working in them who need housing also.
At the moment in Ireland there is two types of people, the ones who work and the ones who want entitlement. As for immigrants who work fair play to them and in Ireland we have short memories about people travelling to work in other countries. What are our brothers and sisters in Australia, America, uk working called only Irish immigrants.
(2) thanks from:
16-05-2019, 07:03   #143
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep breeder
On Monday and Tuesday were spent travelling around the midlands and the one thing that caught the eye was the amount of closed up houses and shops that could be used for housing people if done up and rented out. There is plenty of properties not being used and if a scheme to regenerate was introduced would create work and help provide accommodation. The media have created the housing crisis mantra for Dublin, but this is only one place in Ireland where housing is required throughout the country. The rest of the country has a housing problem and needs some action to take place, all the towns we traveled through had people working in them who need housing also. At the moment in Ireland there is two types of people, the ones who work and the ones who want entitlement. As for immigrants who work fair play to them and in Ireland we have short memories about people travelling to work in other countries. What are our brothers and sisters in Australia, America, uk working called only Irish immigrants.

So all the research that has been occurring about housing is bull****?
(2) thanks from:
16-05-2019, 09:34   #144
ifElseThen

Gov need to incentivise desk/office jobs to transition to remote jobs, even on a part/time basis.
I'd move further out of Dublin if I only had to come into the office 2 days a week.

This would then benefit rural towns. Of course they'd want to remove those "Local Needs Apply" rules they have in place around the country when it comes to housing etc.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-05-2019, 09:54   #145
Carnut2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgware View Post
But Miguel Ivanka etc will follow the traditional immigrant path and try to improve their circumstances and maybe even buy a house.
Deco will continue to bleed the system and Jacinta will be happy as long as she has a house "near me Ma and me sisters"
There was 24 social houses built down the end of my row, 20 of them are foreign national families who like deco and Jacinta would sleep on the floor if work was in the bed.

I don`t think the contributors are the problem
Thanks from:
16-05-2019, 11:50   #146
DelaneyIn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs OBumble View Post
Have you tried hiring a chef lately? Restaurants in Galway have restored to offering accommodation as part of the package.
Have they tried sprucing up their employment offers with higher wages?
16-05-2019, 12:14   #147
Edgware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assetbacked View Post
We are at pretty much full employment now in Dublin. The IDA should cease promoting Dublin and look to promote the rest of the country. Until we are getting 40,000 dwellings per month being built, growth is unsustainable in Dublin. I know a lot of medium salaried immigrants from other European countries who came here for sales/basic tech jobs and the majority have gone home or moved on, mainly because of the rental crisis.

Any talk of jobs being created now means people from abroad coming over to the country. It is time to let the growth and immigration of the past few years settle in with a focus on fixing the rental crisis, figuring out where we are going generally, what infrastructure etc is needed as a priority.

My main fix would be to tax institutionals as they pay no tax and reduce the tax dramatically which is paid by landlords in conjunction with abolishing USC in order to free up more cash for people to spread around the economy.
The IDA do try and promote outside Dublin but multi nationals want basic infrastructure such as airports and motorways. Cork and Limerick have some chance but Donegal Mayo etc are not in the running.
16-05-2019, 14:10   #148
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhrandude View Post
Or how forcing businesses and corporations to start training people with no work experience at entry level jobs, otherwise how in the name of god can they get work experience in first place.

Volunteer like the rest of us did or start at the bottom rung in retail/food service like the rest of us did. Besides if you're motivated enough to find a job you will, I was referring to the wasters that aren't even looking.
(2) thanks from:
16-05-2019, 14:32   #149
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel T. Cogley
Volunteer like the rest of us did or start at the bottom rung in retail/food service like the rest of us did. Besides if you're motivated enough to find a job you will, I was referring to the wasters that aren't even looking.

Should all volunteers be paid, I think so?

I do believe those that say, as inequality rises, so to does social mobility, many get stuck in low paid jobs for long periods of time, some indefinitely.

Why aren't these 'wasters' looking?
16-05-2019, 14:56   #150
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Should all volunteers be paid, I think so?
They're not volunteers then are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Why aren't these 'wasters' looking?
Because they're wasters, probably second or third generation and benefits are too good if you plop out some crotch goblins.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion