Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-05-2019, 17:52   #1

Cull the Herd

Are there too many people in the world? Or do you think there will be? They predict almost 10 billion people will be on the Earth by 2050 and over 11 billion by 2100. Can we continue to produce enough food to feed everyone? Natural resources running low? At some stage, a decision might have to be made on culling the herd.
Would you be in favour of culling the herd and who do you think should be culled and how would we reach a fair decision on it? I think rapists and murderers lives might be in danger. Each country could offer up their own to save themselves. After this, we could still have too many. There might be a vote on which nation gets wiped out.
It's horrendous to think we could sink to this level but it's possible. Do you think many would vote for us? We're great so probably not. Not saying anything anti British but they would be one of the favourites to top the vote. They've a history of wiping out millions of people so it could be seen as only right that they reap what they sowed.
Who would you vote for if it came to it? What do you think is going to happen when the population grows to over 11 billion? Do you like brown sauce on your sandwiches? Are you going to choose me for culling?
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-05-2019, 17:54   #2
MayoForSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farawayhome View Post
Are you going to choose me for culling?
You betcha.
(2) thanks from:
14-05-2019, 17:58   #3
Muppet Man

**cough cough** thanos **cough cough**
14-05-2019, 17:58   #4
xieann

OP just dying to earn Prison access revoked
14-05-2019, 17:59   #5
Ten of Swords

Purge 5: The Malthusian Crisis
Advertisement
14-05-2019, 18:00   #6
Peatys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farawayhome View Post
Who would you vote for if it came to it?
Rereg trolls
14-05-2019, 18:03   #7

Honestly, I have no clue what any of you are talking about. Not saying that you're in line for the cull but you haven't helped your chances of avoiding it!
(2) thanks from:
14-05-2019, 18:04   #8

We need another Stalin or Mao to sort it out.
(3) thanks from:
14-05-2019, 18:07   #9
Sonny noggs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atoms for Peace View Post
If there is one thing the hard left do well, it is genocide.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-05-2019, 18:13   #10
Water John

We've had that story since 1970. ATM somewhere between one third and a half of the food produced is not consumed. Predictions are that the pop will flatline around 11bn. Focus more on the climate problem than the population.
(3) thanks from:
14-05-2019, 18:16   #11
wakka12

We will never 'cull' humans, at very very worst forced abortions to halt the birth rate. If nobody was having babies the worlds population very soon not be an issue with millions of people worldwide not being replaced weekly
14-05-2019, 18:23   #12
Water John

Bangladesh is an excellent example of where, with education, esp of women, along with access to contraception, most families now have two children at most.
(4) thanks from:
14-05-2019, 18:24   #13
Potential-Monke

Culling won't work, because there's too many people who think every one has the same rights (regardless if they're a paedo, rapist, murderer, etc). So culling won't work. Maybe if they introduced a system like The Purge, it would take care of itself, but I don't trust everyone else to not break the law during the remaining 364 days.

What will work, in this country at least, is cap the child benefit at 2 children. When scumbags realise they won't get more money for popping out kids, they'll stop, as will most other people unless they're very well off. Less kids means less adults down the line, thus reducing the overall population.

Granted, the tiny change in this country is but a drop in the ocean, so no idea how to control the rest of the world.
Thanks from:
14-05-2019, 18:27   #14

I have a few children, I'd be happy to get rid of them if it meant saving the world. I'm a hero really.
Thanks from:
14-05-2019, 18:28   #15
harry Bailey esq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atoms for Peace View Post
Not at the same time mind, it'd split the world, all kinds of fukkery would ensue. Natural disasters seem to 'cull the herd' anyways.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion