Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-05-2019, 21:57   #1111
eagle eye

An ordinary person might be afraid to interfere in case they'd be labeled homophobic or transphobic and lose their job.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-05-2019, 23:14   #1112
BattleCorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
An ordinary person might be afraid to interfere in case they'd be labeled homophobic or transphobic and lose their job.
Or get a belt of a hammer.
(2) thanks from:
15-05-2019, 00:36   #1113
LLMMLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Hearst View Post
This 'Woman' attacked a young girl with a hammer but luckily the cops had their priorities straight and recorded the crime as having being committed by a woman.

The 'Woman' also happened to be an advisor to the local police on Gender, Equality and Diversity issues.

I wonder will she lose her job now?

I was going to post that earlier, Patty, but felt it might solidify my reputation as a crank
It is infuriating. This crime is being reported and recorded as a female crime - when it is nothing of the sort. I thought it could not possibly be that Carol Lea was a gender advisor for the police but I tracked it down earlier - they did so between 2002 and 2007, and also assisted at University as a freelance trainer discussing Gender with students at Liverpool Hope University and Wirral Hospital Trust over a number of years.

The absolute state of that picture with the hammer. The odd thing is, if one watches the video of the attack, that Carol Lea went and got the hammer really calmly from the boot. They later punched the girl so hard in the head that she had to be hospitalised. Over a fricking car parking space!!! The girl is 19, Carol is 55, this is male on female violence. Oh anyways I am truly fcuked off with this kind of sh!t.
So you pick one member of a minority that behaves in a reprehensible manner and try to paint it as an issue inherent to that minority?
15-05-2019, 07:13   #1114
Candamir

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLMMLL View Post
So you pick one member of a minority that behaves in a reprehensible manner and try to paint it as an issue inherent to that minority?
The main complaint here is the classification of crimes by transgender women as ‘female’ crimes, and the poor judgment in choosing this person as an advisor and trainer on gender issues.

Have you any thoughts on that? Do you think it’s a fair concern? If she is convicted and gets a custodial sentence, do you think it’s safe for other women to be housed with her?

Might it be more useful to categorise the crime as transgender MtF? At least then it would give a good indication if violence was in fact an issue in that cohort and would arm us with the information to deal with that.
(4) thanks from:
15-05-2019, 07:56   #1115
Zorya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candamir View Post
The main complaint here is the classification of crimes by transgender women as ‘female’ crimes, and the poor judgment in choosing this person as an advisor and trainer on gender issues.

Have you any thoughts on that? Do you think it’s a fair concern? If she is convicted and gets a custodial sentence, do you think it’s safe for other women to be housed with her?

Might it be more useful to categorise the crime as transgender MtF? At least then it would give a good indication if violence was in fact an issue in that cohort and would arm us with the information to deal with that.
Ray Blanchard, early expert in the area, physician who way ahead of the game championed the right for adult trans people to access medical affirmation and gender reassignment, recently made the suggestion that transgender people could obtain a type of legal fiction recognition for their gender, which would mean that they could be recognised as their chosen sex for certain cases, but not for others.
Therefore driving license as chosen sex is fine but sports participation as chosen sex is not fine, This same legal fiction could be used to make sure that crime statistics and incarceration practices do not create distortions for the biological realities.

For this suggestion he was temporarily banned from Twitter.
This is the thread that got him banned.

Quote:
My beliefs include the following 6 elements: (1) Transsexualism and milder forms of gender dysphoria are types of mental disorder, which may leave the individual with average or even above-average functioning in unrelated areas of life.
(2) Sex change surgery is still the best treatment for carefully screened, adult patients, whose gender dysphoria has proven resistant to other forms of treatment.
(3) Sex change surgery should not be considered for any patient until that patient has reached the age of 21 years and has lived for at least two years in the desired gender role.
(4) Gender dysphoria is not a sexual orientation, but it is virtually always preceded or accompanied by an atypical sexual orientation – in males, either homosexuality (sexual arousal by members of one’s own biological sex) . . .
or autogynephilia (sexual arousal at the thought or image of oneself as a female).
(5) There are two main types of gender dysphoria in males, one associated with homosexuality and one associated with autogynephilia. Traditionally, the great bulk of female-to-male transsexuals has been homosexual in erotic object choice.
(6) The sex of a postoperative transsexual should be analogous to a legal fiction. This legal fiction would apply to some things (e.g., sex designation on a driver’s license) but not to others (entering a sports competition as one’s adopted sex).

This is him speakin to Benjamin Boyce yesterday. It is worth listening to, in order to understand that people are not hate filled bigots if they offer a different and in this case very informed perspective. He is a very reasonable man, a long time expert in the area and someone who has been subject to a campaign of utter villification by activists. He also says that the ''end justifies the means'' attitude being taken at the moment towards the clamp down on free speech is very alarming.

(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-05-2019, 19:07   #1116
Candamir

“If the science hurts your feelings, we need to suppress the science”

That seems to be about the crux of the trans activist agenda alright
(2) thanks from:
15-05-2019, 19:08   #1117
TuringBot47

Quote:
“If the science hurts your feelings, we need to suppress the science”

That seems to be about the crux of the trans activist agenda alright
Like Coke Cola and sugar related health research.
15-05-2019, 19:46   #1118
LLMMLL

Quote:
Quote:

I seriously doubt crime stats are skewed by the tiny number of violent transgender people. One of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

I doubt either males or females would be safe being housed with this violent person
15-05-2019, 19:56   #1119
TuringBot47

Quote:
I seriously doubt crime stats are skewed by the tiny number of violent transgender people. One of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

I doubt either males or females would be safe being housed with this violent person
The point is that transgender groups are quick to highlight high levels of depression and suicide among their group.

Without getting into gender vs sex, in general in depression "men get mad and women get sad"... men express anger which may end up in violence.
Whether trans women with testosterone treatment face similar issues like "roid rage"... who knows.

But altering human hormones does affect mood and we're much more susceptible to behavior from mood than we really are self aware of.
Advertisement
15-05-2019, 19:58   #1120
LLMMLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuringBot47 View Post
Quote:

The point is that transgender groups are quick to highlight high levels of depression and suicide among their group.

Without getting into gender vs sex, in general in depression "men get mad and women get sad"... men express anger which may end up in violence.
Whether trans women with testosterone treatment face similar issues like "roid rage"... who knows.

But altering human hormones does affect mood and we're much more susceptible to behavior from mood than we really are self aware of.
There are many groups that I could come up with a pie in the sky theory why they MIGHT be more likely to act violently than average.

Doesn't mean the police should record it in some specialized way.
15-05-2019, 20:27   #1121
Danzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Hearst View Post
This 'Woman' attacked a young girl with a hammer but luckily the cops had their priorities straight and recorded the crime as having being committed by a woman.

The 'Woman' also happened to be an advisor to the local police on Gender, Equality and Diversity issues.

I wonder will she lose her job now?

Hopefully if she is sentenced to prison, she will not do as a recent transsexual did, flash her erect penis at staff and prisoners and go on t to rape a female prisoner.

I miss the days when the Left was not dominated by crazy middle class kids.
Thanks from:
15-05-2019, 21:20   #1122
TuringBot47

Quote:
There are many groups that I could come up with a pie in the sky theory why they MIGHT be more likely to act violently than average.

Doesn't mean the police should record it in some specialized way.
It's not a pie in the sky theory though.
The trans community are saying they are more vulnerable to depression and suicide.
In any population segment that statistically means more aggression, even if it's just passive aggression like the constant reporting of posts here, Twitter etc. And that definitely polarizes opinions
15-05-2019, 21:23   #1123
LLMMLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuringBot47
The trans community are saying they are more vulnerable to depression and suicide.
In any population segment that statistically means more aggression
Can you link to the statistics please
15-05-2019, 21:30   #1124
TuringBot47

Quote:
Can you not Google them yourself?
Here's a sample.

https ://www .psychiatrictimes .com/special-reports/depressive-symptoms-associated-aggression

I think I originally read it on psychology today, with the headline "men get mad women get sad" about different approaches to depression based on sex.
15-05-2019, 23:52   #1125
LLMMLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuringBot47 View Post
Quote:
Can you not Google them yourself?
Here's a sample.

https ://www .psychiatrictimes .com/special-reports/depressive-symptoms-associated-aggression

I think I originally read it on psychology today, with the headline "men get mad women get sad" about different approaches to depression based on sex.
" Authors of the study emphasized, however, that the overwhelming majority of depressed people are neither violent nor criminal, and should not be stigmatized."

But hey, when it's trans people let's get the police to record their crimes as a special category.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion