Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-04-2019, 23:49   #46
Tomas81

Quote:
Originally Posted by downcow View Post
Just curious would you put Martin Maginnis, Gerry Kelly etc in the same category?
In which same category as Saoradh? No comparison.
Advertisement
25-04-2019, 23:49   #47
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr_Dougal View Post
This marching crap, it’s bollocksology. Both sides need a serious dose of cop on. Dick measuring contest for idiots.
Even as someone who grew up enjoying marches. I have to admit this is an interesting and and not totally inaccurate analysis
Thanks from:
25-04-2019, 23:50   #48
Tomas81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Yes, the petty parochial marching crap. It's caused enough problems in the North over the years, we don't need to have it down here.
Apologies sorry picked you up wrong Zaph.
Thanks from:
25-04-2019, 23:52   #49
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas81 View Post
In which same category as Saoradh? No comparison.
I am interested why you struggle with the comparison. What is saodhar doing that Martin didn’t do?
25-04-2019, 23:59   #50
Tomas81

Quote:
I am interested why you struggle with the comparison. What is saodhar doing that Martin didn’t do?
Martin is one of the reasons the IRA aren't reducing buildings to dust any longer, or the likes of Big kingo aren't being left on street corners like teabags within their own district.

Martin, Gerry K, Gerry A, Duckser L, Bobby S, and a few more like them are the reason there is peace.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-04-2019, 00:02   #51
Tomas81

Downtown tell me this, You enjoy parades you said, no doubt you go to Brian Robinson as it would be one of the most popular why would you commemorate a man who indiscriminately killed an innocent catholic in Paddy, but condemn Sinn Fein commemorating Bootsy Begley.
26-04-2019, 00:07   #52
logie101

Quote:
Electoral Mandate is one of the biggest differences.
Thanks from:
26-04-2019, 00:24   #53
nullzero

Quote:
I am interested as a NI prod who learns lots on this forum.
Lots of people are on threads saying that Saoradh should not have been allowed to march in Dublin - but they were allowed. Its not that long since a victims group whos family members were murdered by the former Saoradh ie the IRA tried to march through Dublin and were prevented by the locals.
Should i assume that the locals do not have as much anger towards the killers of Lyra as they do against unionists whos friends and family were murdered by the IRA?
To be honest, nobody gives a damn who marches where in Dublin.
The love ulster march was marred by idiotic people who have their heads stuck in the past, a little like the orange men they were so annoyed with.

Ultimately nobody down here gives two fvcks about the type of nonsense you're trying to stir up. Nobody is happy that Lyra McKee was killed, and we'd rather see you lot learn to accept each other and move past the constant sectarian nonsense you're all so seemingly enamored by.

There will come a time when Northern Ireland will no longer be a part of the United Kingdom, I'm not alone in hoping that when that happens it will be Northern Ireland going it alone rather than becoming part of our nation because we've worked too hard for too long to have our country dragged down to the depths you are all so used to up there in the North.
A bit of responsibility and a need to rely on each other should give you the imputus to grow the hell up and begin to function as a country of your own.

As for your baiting thread, I'm sure some will bite but the rest of us are too busy living our lives to care about your childish sectarian claptrap.
26-04-2019, 00:29   #54
Seth Brundle
Error: 404 Personality Not Found

Quote:
Yeah agreed. I was just wondering why there was no opposition to the parade by Lyras killers supporters a couple of days after she was killed.
Have you not read any newspapers or listened to the news or anything?
Advertisement
26-04-2019, 00:37   #55
o1s1n

Quote:
Martin Maginnis
I do love a good oul pint of maginnis.
Thanks from:
26-04-2019, 00:44   #56
janfebmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
To be honest, nobody gives a damn who marches where in Dublin.
In 2006 some hundreds of people at least gave a damn, they rioted to prevent a march by relatives of IRA victims in Dublin. And stoned one of their buses on the way home.

This is how the politician reacted to the rioters who prevented the March going ahead: (from Wiki) "Then-Taoiseach Bertie Ahern condemned the riots, saying, "It is the essence of Irish democracy and republicanism that people are allowed to express their views freely and in a peaceful manner. People who wantonly attack Gardaí and property have no respect for their fellow citizens." Minister for Justice Michael McDowell, opposition leaders Enda Kenny of Fine Gael and Pat Rabbitte of the Labour Party and Sinn Féin Dublin TD Sean Crowe also condemned the day's events.

Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams added his voice to the condemnation, saying, "There is no justification for what happened this afternoon in Dublin. Sinn Féin had appealed to people to ignore this loyalist parade and not to be provoked by it. Our view was that it should not be opposed in any way and we made that clear. Regrettably a small, unrepresentative group chose to ignore our appeal." The President of Ireland, Mary McAleese, also condemned the rioters. Jeffrey Donaldson of the Democratic Unionist Party, who was in Dublin to address the Love Ulster march, said he was 'appalled' by the violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Brundle View Post
Have you not read any newspapers or listened to the news or anything?
I think many people are surprised the March very recently, only a few days after the murder of the journalist in Derry, went ahead.

Last edited by janfebmar; 26-04-2019 at 00:47.
Thanks from:
26-04-2019, 02:03   #57
votecounts

Quote:
Just curious would you put Martin Maginnis, Gerry Kelly etc in the same category?
Can you spell or is your ignorance on purpose?
Martin McGuinness, get it right.
(4) thanks from:
26-04-2019, 06:54   #58
Seth Brundle
Error: 404 Personality Not Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by janfebmar View Post
I think many people are surprised the March very recently, only a few days after the murder of the journalist in Derry, went ahead.
I think pretty much everyone was surprised but that's now what downcow asked. They asked why there was no opposition when there was loads...
Quote:
Yeah agreed. I was just wondering why there was no opposition to the parade by Lyras killers supporters a couple of days after she was killed.
(2) thanks from:
26-04-2019, 07:06   #59
OldMrBrennan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamanoto View Post
Odd that you don't consider a bunch of scrotes attacking the Gardai, burning the cars of their fellow citizens, turning on Dublin retailers & costing the city and taxpayer hundreds of thousands of Euro an issue.
Some things are just more important, and keeping the orange order from marching through the streets of Dublin is one of them. Collateral damage or not.
(2) thanks from:
26-04-2019, 07:15   #60
blergh

If you want Northern Ireland to join the RoI then you would be encouraging of the Love Ulster parade and outraged by the Saoradh one. The only way unification would happen would be with the assent of Ulster Unionists, which isn't that outlandish an idea with Brexit.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion