Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-04-2019, 22:31   #1
downcow

Saoradh or love ulster?

I am interested as a NI prod who learns lots on this forum.
Lots of people are on threads saying that Saoradh should not have been allowed to march in Dublin - but they were allowed. Its not that long since a victims group whos family members were murdered by the former Saoradh ie the IRA tried to march through Dublin and were prevented by the locals.
Should i assume that the locals do not have as much anger towards the killers of Lyra as they do against unionists whos friends and family were murdered by the IRA?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-04-2019, 22:32   #2
20Cent

The Saoradh march occurred very quickly don' think it was advertised at all compared to the love Ulster one.
25-04-2019, 22:33   #3
mooreman09

Quote:
Originally Posted by downcow View Post
Lots of people are on threads saying that Saoradh should not have been allowed to march in Dublin - but they were allowed. Its not that long since a victims group whos family members were murdered by the former Saoradh ie the IRA tried to march through Dublin and were prevented by the locals.
Should i assume that the locals do not have as much anger towards the killers of Lyra as they do against unionists whos friends and family were murdered by the IRA?
They're all clowns. Stick them in the arctic and let them fight it out.
25-04-2019, 22:34   #4
OldMrBrennan83

Probably right. As far as a list goes of people who shouldn't be allowed March through our capital, loyalists should be top of it.

The only issue that day was a waste of good masonry on the likes of them.
25-04-2019, 22:35   #5
Tomas81

Quote:
Are you aware at the front of the Love Ulster march there was a monument to Robert McConnell? Do you know he bombed Dublin for the UVF.
Advertisement
25-04-2019, 22:37   #6
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Cent View Post
The Saoradh march occurred very quickly don' think it was advertised at all compared to the love Ulster one.
Not sure thats the case https://www.facebook.com/SaoradhDubl...1202742965156/
25-04-2019, 22:39   #7
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas81 View Post
Are you aware at the front of the Love Ulster march there was a monument to Robert McConnell? Do you know he bombed Dublin for the UVF.
I genuinely wasn't aware of that but i will research it. But lets say it was. my question is still the same . Is that more offensive than the killers of Lyra parading??
25-04-2019, 22:40   #8
OldMrBrennan83

Quote:
I genuinely wasn't aware of that but i will research it. But lets say it was. my question is still the same . Is that more offensive than the killers of Lyra parading??
Yes. Because they didn't go parade in her front garden.
25-04-2019, 22:40   #9
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMrBrennan83 View Post
Probably right. As far as a list goes of people who shouldn't be allowed March through our capital, loyalists should be top of it.

The only issue that day was a waste of good masonry on the likes of them.
Interesting!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-04-2019, 22:40   #10
Junkyard Tom

Quote:
Its not that long since a victims group whos family members were murdered by the former Saoradh ie the IRA tried to march through Dublin and were prevented by the locals.
Funny that, I almost mistook them for a bunch of unionist headbangers led by Willie Frazer.
25-04-2019, 22:41   #11
Johnny Dogs

Quote:
Are you seriously comparing a Facebook page belonging to a group of people most of us never heard of before to the plethora of media coverage the love Ulster parade was getting both nationally and internationally?

Seriously or are you on a wind up yet again?
25-04-2019, 22:41   #12
ToddyDoody

Quote:
You should also assume that the locals are on the very rough end of the scale as far as Irish society goes.
(3) thanks from:
25-04-2019, 22:41   #13
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas81 View Post
Any evidence of this?
25-04-2019, 22:42   #14
dodderangler

Keep that shîte up the north. We’re not interested down here. We’ve enough crap to deal with as it is.
25-04-2019, 22:44   #15
downcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dogs View Post
Are you seriously comparing a Facebook page belonging to a group of people most of us never heard of before to the plethora of media coverage the love Ulster parade was getting both nationally and internationally?

Seriously or are you on a wind up yet again?
Jonny. I see you are on your attempt to get me disciplined again. It is ironic as you have just thanked a comment above that stated that the masonry thrown at the unionists that day was just a waste of masonry. So i trust you'll be in trouble before me

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion