Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The continued Bias in the Gender Identity thread

• 23-03-2021 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

I see the continued, obvious bias in the gender identity thread continues unabated. A poster has now been banned for posting:
    They would obviously identify as whatever weight they want to be classed as and hey presto

How that is bannable offence I don't know.

Another poster, again on a certain 'side' of the debate, is being admonished for 'bickering'. Won't be long before they are gone aswell.

Why, exactly, are boards, or the mods, so desperate to shut down the debate? Why were the extra rules brought in, that did not exist before the thread was set up, or indeed exist in any of the other trans threads, in the first place?

Cheers,
    CS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

If you were on most other sites such as reddit or Twitter the issue cannot even be discussed.

I think the moderation is fair. The fact that the thread is even open is unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

If you were on most other sites such as reddit or Twitter the issue cannot even be discussed.

I think the moderation is fair. The fact that the thread is even open is unusual.

It won't be long before boards goes the same way. We already have to step on eggshells to discuss the topic, with bans being handed out now willy-nilly.

By the by, can this be moved to feedback. I think I posted in the wrong area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It won't be long before boards goes the same way. We already have to step on eggshells to discuss the topic, with bans being handed out now willy-nilly.

By the by, can this be moved to feedback. I think I posted in the wrong area.

Issues specific to a thread belong in Helpdesk, rather than the more general Feedback, so you did post in the right place.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Already discussed here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement