Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

211 reg cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Roll Royce or a 1 bed apartment in D4?

Feck that for that crazy price you could buy a nice house in the country somewhere as well as a holiday home in Portugal or Spain and still have money left over.
    It is absolutely crazy money for a car. You will never see one on Irish roads except for the canyon Run thing. London is where you need to be if you want to see one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭mcburns07

AMKC wrote: »
    Feck that for that crazy price you could buy a nice house in the country somewhere as well as a holiday home in Portugal or Spain and still have money left over.
    It is absolutely crazy money for a car. You will never see one on Irish roads except for the canyon Run thing. London is where you need to be if you want to see one.

I think you must be unfamiliar with the typical person who buys a Rolls Royce :pac:

They're likely well covered for holiday homes already ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Roll Royce or a 1 bed apartment in D4?

Both obscenely overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I'm sure that Rolls is opulent inside but it's such an ugly car externally.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

I agree about the obscene price. You could feed a small African country for a number of day's with that cash. Recently a boardsie posted that two (2) Roller's have been registered in IRL. so far this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

KB22 wrote: »
    I agree about the obscene price. You could feed a small African country for a number of day's with that cash. Recently a boardsie posted that two (2) Roller's have been registered in IRL. so far this year!
    The VRT one one of them would cover 700 peoples €350 Covid payment.
    Neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bez Bing

New Tucson, petrol Hybrid arrived ahead of schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Bez Bing wrote: »
    New Tucson, petrol Hybrid arrived ahead of schedule.

That looks feckin deadly!! Nice light interior too. I'd say being hybrid it's super silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭combat14

when are dealerships open again to test drive cars - 2% vat reduction gone at end of month and hard to buy a car without test drive first ....

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bez Bing

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That looks feckin deadly!! Nice light interior too. I'd say being hybrid it's super silent.
    Yes it’s very quiet. Takes a bit of getting used to coming from a diesel.
    It doesn’t feel like the car has even started 😂

• Advertisement
    Ms

combat14 wrote: »
    when are dealerships open again to test drive cars - 2% vat reduction gone at end of month and hard to buy a car without test drive first ....

I would say not for a month or two. It's going to be then sometime that lockdown will end.

People should look for the 2 per cent Vat reduction to be extended start a petition maybe. Get whoever is in charge of the motor industry in Ireland to get onto the Government.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

L-M wrote: »
    VRT for the top bands went up like 1 percent so not much more.

The mad thing is there’s been a 2 Rolls Royce registered.

Now sold more than Alfa Romeo lol

That other RR is a Dawn convertible

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That other RR is a Dawn convertible

Just checked and you’re right, the body type is convertible. I’d love to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

L-M wrote: »
    Just checked and you’re right, the body type is convertible. I’d love to see that.

Beshoff Motors sold it, they’ve pictures of it up on their Instagram now.

I wonder when was the last time a Rolls Royce was registered new in Ireland? 2008 I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Beshoff Motors sold it, they’ve pictures of it up on their Instagram now.

I wonder when was the last time a Rolls Royce was registered new in Ireland? 2008 I think?

According to BeepBeep, there was one registered in Jan 2008 and two in 2007, none since

151215277_2914790282089785_1481870784194266274_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=3&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=ZXsYVr40M_4AX_tJJH_&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=117bfe96602aa1f1763c7a6184e7d92d&oe=60528F05

151614877_2914790288756451_2698130120215806887_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=3&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=Sol9iqnpZ6gAX-7JMh6&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=f47cf949dd47a59503d50f0594f0e272&oe=6051E912

150963045_2914790285423118_1041762812219143145_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=3&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=T5cQ5m3DjdMAX8bzVm2&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=68662535ca1dc0ef485338c689fefc8a&oe=6053133E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

I would say not for a month or two. It's going to be then sometime that lockdown will end.

People should look for the 2 per cent Vat reduction to be extended start a petition maybe. Get whoever is in charge of the motor industry in Ireland to get onto the Government.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/11/2022-kia-sportage-two-new-sizes-powertrains-looks-and-everything-else-we-know-so-far/
    New Sportage coming soon.

Ms

horse7 wrote: »

Ye it's due to be unveiled in April sometime.

I think they should fit the badge on the grill. I also hope if it looks like that they turn the DRLs around. Makes no sense to have it going across the bottom like that. I never understood the obsession of putting the badge/Logo on the bonnet unless it comes down into the grill like a Renault Laguna say or MK1 Megane. I have seen a few version of what the front could look like so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. They could all be wrong too. The version I seen with the badge on the grill I thought looked the best.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I see there's a new Qashqai due too. I wonder what it will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Pipmae wrote: »
    I see there's a new Qashqai due too. I wonder what it will be like.

Much like the old one. Offical announcement is tomorrow

93-nissan-qashqai-official-prototype-images-otr-rear.jpg?itok=GyZkCor6

90-nissan-qashqai-official-prototype-images-hero-front.jpg?itok=tAkIhPhR

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nissan%20Qashqai%20exclusive%20images.jpg

Nissan%20Qashqai%20exclusive%20images-2.jpg

Nissan%20Qashqai%20interior%20teasers-5.jpg

• Advertisement
    Ms

At last something exciting to look forward to.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭eggy81

In what way?

Ms

eggy81 wrote: »
    In what way?

Just nice to see some new normal person cars been released. It has been very slow the last year. Now we have the Qashqai then the Sportage and the new Skoda Fabia as well all coming. So its Good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

New Mercedes Benz C class coming later this year too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Is the lockdown getting to you that much? :D

Is the lockdown getting to you that much? :D

It's bad when people are getting excited over the new Fabia...

Ms

The new Mitsubishi Outlander was unveiled today too,

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsubishi/outlander/354314/2022-mitsubishi-outlander-revealed-amazon

Such a pity it will not be coming here. It looks great.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

How does that look great in your head?

The new Mitsubishi Outlander was unveiled today too,

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsubishi/outlander/354314/2022-mitsubishi-outlander-revealed-amazon

Such a pity it will not be coming here. It looks great.
    Sweet jesus that's horrible, could they stick anymore tacky chrome bits on the front?? and would you look at the state of those headrests on the killer seats...
    2012 Fabia meets Tucson it's their love child...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They still managed to carry over some dashboard switches/buttons from the 1998 Lancer.

Advertisement