Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All year residential mobile home parks?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

awec wrote: »
    Yes, they heat up really quickly, and cool down just as quickly when you turn the heat off.

Getting up at 3 am on a winters morning to use the bathroom after a few pints is not a pleasant experience
    its like a second bellybutton

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Orlak2410

Caranica wrote: »
    New??? Solution???

Sorry OP but it's neither

I think it is. This post has got a lot of attention

Graham wrote: »
    534 posts about mobile homes in A & P stretching back 14 years.

Sorry OP.

No need for that reply

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

There was such a park in Mantua in Swords until a few years ago. Not a traveller's halting site, but two neat rows of well-kept mobile homes.
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/mantua-park-residents-in-homes-bid-27770546.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Orlak2410 wrote: »
    I think it is. This post has got a lot of attention

And none of it backing you up.

It's not new when it's already been pointed out that threads on this forum going back 14 years have suggested it. If it was a viable suggestion or would have been picked up at some stage since then.

There are civil servants, academics, politicians, business people, charities, philanthropists and others trying to sort out the housing crisis. Unsuitable tin cans are not a solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

. Unsuitable tin cans are not a solution.

Clever phrase but that is all it is. And one solution does not negate the other. People need homes NOW not at some vague time maybe. Caravans can always be replaced later.
    And they are, when done responsibly, a viable and appropriate housing resource.

Many of these posts are subjective. Yes, many would hate living like that. But many would also hate the only current alternative. ie sub standard rentals IF they are available at all.

Eric Cartman expresses the better approach, seeing the reality of the current rental situation . A well run caravan park is perfectly viable accommodation.

This is now the fifth year of living in a "demountable dwelling", after running out of more usual rentals. ( see roadmaster) . They are a stage up from a caravan. And far better and healthier in many ways than most of the low cost rentals I have lived in the last twenty years. The last place I rented...

And none of it backing you up.

It's not new when it's already been pointed out that threads on this forum going back 14 years have suggested it. If it was a viable suggestion or would have been picked up at some stage since then.

There are civil servants, academics, politicians, business people, charities, philanthropists and others trying to sort out the housing crisis. Unsuitable tin cans are not a solution.

I have had a lot of people agree with me. You obviously have something else going on in your life if this is bothering you so much. Just be nice.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Clever phrase but that is all it is. And one solution does not negate the other. People need homes NOW not at some vague time maybe. Caravans can always be replaced later.
    And they are, when done responsibly, a viable and appropriate housing resource.

Many of these posts are subjective. Yes, many would hate living like that. But many would also hate the only current alternative. ie sub standard rentals IF they are available at all.

Eric Cartman expresses the better approach, seeing the reality of the current rental situation . A well run caravan park is perfectly viable accommodation.

This is now the fifth year of living in a "demountable dwelling", after running out of more usual rentals. ( see roadmaster) . They are a stage up from a caravan. And far better and healthier in many ways than most of the low cost rentals I have lived in the last twenty years. The last place I rented...

You know what your talking about. That person must be compensating for some personal downfall.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Orlak2410 wrote: »
    You know what your talking about. That person must be compensating for some personal downfall.

Your posting is not meeting any form of standards of civility, or basic structure (you should multi-quote when replying to multiple posts)

L1011 wrote: »
    Your posting is not meeting any form of standards of civility, or basic structure (you should multi-quote when replying to multiple posts)

I'm sorry I thought this was a forum for normal people to ask questions and get some genuine answers not a tool for people to feel important and more intelligent than they actually are

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Orlak2410, please read the forum charter before posting again.

Do not reply to this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

What are you on about regarding what I have posted ? Explain yourself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

KB22 wrote: »
    What are you on about regarding what I have posted ? Explain yourself.

This account has never posted on this forum before at all. Precisely who are you replying on behalf of?

Advertisement