Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Two nights away with my bf. I love staying in hotels!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

KatW4 wrote: »
    Two nights away with my bf. I love staying in hotels!

Me too! My desk drawer is full of coffee sachets liberated from my frequent hotel stays! (I go away a lot for one-night stays).

I'm staying in one tonight, as I'm going out with two of my silliest friends and it's worth it to be safe afterwards. Can't wait, I will be sore from laughter tomorrow. And a lovely big Full Irish in the morning. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Four day weekend :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I've put on 5lbs in 2 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,965 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

My motor sailing through its NCT - have 2 full years now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Invited to a birthday drinks party, next week, for an old friend - nobody under 73 invited. Should be wild! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Got a new toastie maker.
    Man I love toasties and am currently in toastie heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I have 2 Easter eggs for next Sunday - a Rolo and an orange chocolate Lindt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I just fixed a 26" LCD TV I got for free. 1 40cent component.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Got a new toastie maker.
    Man I love toasties and am currently in toastie heaven.

You mean toasted sandwich maker? Yum.. I never had used mine until I got the power back in January but since then a total craze for them...Just cheese is all...

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Me too! My desk drawer is full of coffee sachets liberated from my frequent hotel stays! (I go away a lot for one-night stays).

I'm staying in one tonight, as I'm going out with two of my silliest friends and it's worth it to be safe afterwards. Can't wait, I will be sore from laughter tomorrow. And a lovely big Full Irish in the morning. :)

If the drawer overflows ;) LOVE coffee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

northgirl wrote: »
    I've put on 5lbs in 2 weeks :)

This isn't trivial...and it makes me very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Gots mah NCT Cheque in the post this morning and have just discovered I got paid today instead of tomorrow! Nice surprise! :)

Actually, I think I'm gonna send the NCT peeps a nice polite appreciative email for the way they handled things. After like 3 Emails and a couple of un-answered Phone-calls no word whatsoever back from them, - I was a wee bit outraged to say the least. Eventually I managed to talk with a human on the Phone who said they would refund me. But then got another Phone-call from their Customer Care or Service Delivery people or whoever, she was probably getting back to my emails! But anyways I had to tell her the whole saga all over again and the more I talked the madder and madder I got and I may have given her a bit of a going-over! But she was totally cool calm and collected! Customer Service Staff do have to put up with a lot of crap too don't they! She did say you do realize we were closed ourselves and are only getting to the Backlog of business from them days that needs sorting right now! And I kind-of hadn't anticipated/realized/figured that they would actually be closed themselves too!! Partly my anger was because things were so up in the air, didn't know what to do about re-scheduling and an informative Notice on their Website that they would deffo be closed due to the snow from x day to x day would have been helpful! And I work in an Office myself I definitely know all there is to know about backlogs!! But anyway yeah it's all sorted now. But it is nice when a Company handles things well and reasonably promptly. :)

I've spent my time playing the Switch online with my friends, and I've still like a week and a half to do so before I go back to school.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just set my out of office until the 9th April.

I feel good.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

This isn't trivial...and it makes me very happy!

Was thinking the same thing , it's brilliant Northgirl !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Currently sitting in a bathrobe with pink prosecco. Loving life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

A mouse came in the back door this morning. He then hid in a little gap between the dishwasher and the press, he wasn't even properly concealed but he was sitting perfectly still, probably hoping I wouldn't notice him.
    I tried to scoot him back out the door but no joy.
    I had to head off to work and I have 3 dogs so I figured the mouse would be dead by the time I got home.
    I have a camera in the kitchen to keep an eye on the dogs during the day (as one of them is quite old and possibly on the way out) and at around 10, I saw the mouse dash across the kitchen and in under the hotpress (there's a little gap where the heating pipes go into the press). He just barely escaped the dogs.
    So anyway, I knew he was in there so when I got home I set a few traps.
    Just when my husband arrived home, we heard a trap snap so we waited about 10 minutes, we could hear a bit of shuffling and then silence so we thought he had died. About a minute later he started crying (the sound would actually break your heart) so we figured he was caught but not dead. My husband looked in and sure enough he had a leg caught in a trap.
    So my husband managed to extract him from under the hotpress and released him out into the grass and we got to see him jumping through the grass to safety. It made me so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

coming home after a long day to a pot of chilli I made yesterday.
    with some naan bread mmm:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I watched a wildlife show about snow geese.
    The babies were sooo cute :)
    Baby_Snow_Goose_by_Saberhawk65.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Got a cake at work for my birthday !

erica74 wrote: »
    A mouse came in the back door this morning. He then hid in a little gap between the dishwasher and the press, he wasn't even properly concealed but he was sitting perfectly still, probably hoping I wouldn't notice him.
    I tried to scoot him back out the door but no joy.
    I had to head off to work and I have 3 dogs so I figured the mouse would be dead by the time I got home.
    I have a camera in the kitchen to keep an eye on the dogs during the day (as one of them is quite old and possibly on the way out) and at around 10, I saw the mouse dash across the kitchen and in under the hotpress (there's a little gap where the heating pipes go into the press). He just barely escaped the dogs.
    So anyway, I knew he was in there so when I got home I set a few traps.
    Just when my husband arrived home, we heard a trap snap so we waited about 10 minutes, we could hear a bit of shuffling and then silence so we thought he had died. About a minute later he started crying (the sound would actually break your heart) so we figured he was caught but not dead. My husband looked in and sure enough he had a leg caught in a trap.
    So my husband managed to extract him from under the hotpress and released him out into the grass and we got to see him jumping through the grass to safety. It made me so happy.

Oh WOW!

I once had one sitting atop my printer, watching me type. There were 11 cats in the house where I was then..

I tried to make it leave; clapped my hands, shouted at it, but no way. So I picked it up. by the tail lest it bit me, and put it out in the garden

Great.. but it then told all its family I was a soft touch as there was then a total plague of mice... Even in the frying pan in the oven. Lost count of the casualties and my nerves were shot. Mice everywhere I went..

The cats were useless! Not like my current ones.. :rolleyes:

Polynomial division is really starting to come easy to me after some practice today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Enjoying a pint of the finest golden ale from the west :3

Hopefully this one won't be drank on me like yesterdays one :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No word of a lie even reading about mice in the House has me in a cold sweat, I’d lose my mind, terrified. I’d rather a carpet of spiders than one mouse.

My TH is I had coco pops for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

No word of a lie even reading about mice in the House has me in a cold sweat, I’d lose my mind, terrified. I’d rather a carpet of spiders than one mouse.

Well I'm not the biggest fan of rats but mice are just so bloody cute and small. Now, I also wouldn't fancy a whole family living in my house but I also don't want to murder them. Rats on the other hand...

My TH is 4 days off work, literally so delighted. Sitting drinking coffee, listening to the birds and thinking of all the free time. We're going to Kilkenny today for a bit of shopping. And then on Sunday I get to have my easter egg. I have really cut out chocolate over the past few years because it really affects my eczema so it is a rare treat and I am excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Having a lie on, first time in weeks I am still in bed after 8 o'clock!
    Have 4 days off and have a spa treatment booked for later

Sleeping in till 9am, getting up making coffee, ahhhh brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Got up at 7am and headed to my favourite cafe in west London to catch up on some work emails.

It suddenly dawned on me that I love my job. I actually love it. It's stressful and frustrating and all-consuming in that I never really switch off and have to travel an insane amount, but it's so rewarding, I get so much respect and authority and my little team in London is fricking awesome. I'm so lucky :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'd be more freaked out by 11 cats in a house. :eek:

TH after being to town for the weekly shop and everywhere is bright and colourful for Easter. And the smell of hot cross buns fresh from the oven as you pass by go in to the bakery. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement