Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-12-2013, 09:26   #1
Amalgam

Dealz - Haribo (suitable for Vegetarians)

This is an odd one. I was browsing Dealz a week or two back and at least one of the Haribo sweet varieties below had no Vegetarian symbol. I visited yesterday and the same sweets had the, 'Suitable for Vegetarians' symbol on the packaging.

Pectin seems to have replaced the various animal based gelatins.. There's also a mention of 'wax' and various oils. I couldn't see any other Haribo products, other than those that I've featured.

Just a heads up. Nice to have the choice. Photos taken in Dealz, Bloomfields Shopping Centre, Dún Laoghaire, South County dublin.

Advertisement
18-12-2013, 14:08   #2

Awesome, I knew haribo did have a veggie range I've just never seen them in Ireland, I guess they're extending the range.
19-12-2013, 15:15   #3
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

stawbs are in tesco too
(2) thanks from:
14-04-2014, 18:39   #4
Amalgam

Haribo Rainbow Twists.

Back in stock.. Dún Laoghaire Dealz (Bloomfields shopping centre), photo taken this morning.

Thanks from:
20-04-2014, 15:02   #5
New Home

It's funny how companies make the same products with different ingredients depending on their target country... for instance, Haribo Liquorice Wheels have always been gelatine-free in countries like Italy (Germany too, if I'm not mistaken) - they use pectin, or even wheat starch instead. The only problem with that is that you have to keep checking all the ingredients just to make sure...
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-04-2014, 10:42   #6
sok2005

This Easter instead of getting the kids eggs my aunt got them an assortment of veggie jellies from M&S. Sweet of her, I was touched.

Jeez my photos are huge! No idea how to change that sorry!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140425_103347.jpg (1.53 MB, 35 views)
Thanks from:
25-04-2014, 10:54   #7
turnikett1

I hope I can see some veggie Tangfastics soon! I absolutely love the stuff, there's been a few instances in the past where I helped myself to one or two...
25-04-2014, 12:30   #8
New Home

I just remembered something... A couple of years ago I bought some AMAZING fizzy cola bottle which were completely gelatine free, and suitable for vegetarians. They were made by this company: http://goodygoodstuff.com/en/ and I got them in Holland and Barretts (they've since stopped stocking them, more's the pity!). Anyway, I'm not sure if you can still get them in Ireland, but they're based in the UK, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get them.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion